Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So here is fun future dilemma. Paige wears #1 in HS ball and #10 for AAU. Nika wears #10 in club ball. Which player gets to wear #10 when they get to UCONN?

Reaction Score
Geno would smile at this effort:

Not quite Stewie when the Rutgers player stole the ball from Mo at H alfcourt, but the same desire. Geno will love that, easy to teach a player with a desire to win.

Reaction Score
This young lady is very talented but it does seem, based on this limited video, that she's prone to force shots and penetrate into one on three situations when there's likely a better option with a teammate. Obviously there are some extremely talented college defenders that might love someone who feels that they can get away with some of these forced penetrations. Maybe her teammates are very poor offensive players??? I have to assume that despite this video, she's an unselfish player because I don't think Geno would spend any time involved with someone who isn't all about team FIRST!
Van Lith’s HS teammates are nowhere near the caliber of those of Bueckers. I think that may be why you see the forced shots.

Reaction Score
I believe that you cannot have enough guards on the team. Yes, UConn needs Post Players but I am thrilled with these two young ladies that have verbalized. To Hailey Van Lith join the crew. We have three forwards come to UC in Jones, Cash and Williams. Would love to see that happen once again.
At EVERY level of basketball, guards control the game.

Reaction Score
So here is fun future dilemma. Paige wears #1 in HS ball and #10 for AAU. Nika wears #10 in club ball. Which player gets to wear #10 when they get to UCONN?
Maybe it goes to who ever committed 1st? I believe both Lou and Boykin wore number 33 in high school but somehow Lou ended up wearing it.

Reaction Score
Van Lith’s HS teammates are nowhere near the caliber of those of Bueckers. I think that may be why you see the forced shots.
The one time I saw Hailey Van Lith play live she made several fancy hot dog passes to unsuspecting and uncapable teammates for turnovers. They were playing in front of some college coaches including Scott Rueck, and I got the idea she felt the need to demonstrate her skills. To be fair, her showboating didn't cost her team anything - they still murdered the team they were playing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The one time I saw Hailey Van Lith play live she made several fancy hot dog passes to unsuspecting and uncapable teammates for turnovers. They were playing in front of some college coaches including Scott Rueck, and I got the idea she felt the need to demonstrate her skills. To be fair, her showboating didn't cost her team anything - they still murdered the team they were playing.
I don't think she was necessarily showing off. That's kind of the way she plays. During the U-18 World Championships, Hailey Van Lith got herself into trouble a number of times by dribbling into the paint and getting off her feet with no where to go with the ball. Give her some time and she'll figure it out.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Three-point shooting is not her specialty - at all. In her two European leagues, she is a combined 11-65 (16.9%).

What she does do well at is ... She is a terrific passer and is very crafty as well as a tenacious defender. Also a great rebounder for a guard. Triple-double type of player.

She will join Bueckers as far as anyone knows.
Dare I say I saw flashes of Sabrina out there?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, but who is Hailey Van Lith?
The USA 3 x 3 Gold Medal Team from the 2018 Youth Olympics:

54f69135310f454bb5ca2f938608e8ea.ashx

Paige Bueckers, Aliyah Boston, Sam Brunelle, and Hailey Van Lith (Hailey Van Lith)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Arm wrestle?
One on one game, first to 21?

I'd suggest Paige take # 11, though I'd be fine with her using #1.

Reaction Score
Thanks for explaining who Hailey Van Lith is. In the pic she looks a little vertically challenged but so what.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for explaining who Hailey Van Lith is. In the pic she looks a little vertically challenged but so what.
Check her videos, including the one where she is 8 years old in baggy UConn gear.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Probably I should drift back off and bring closure to my little game.

The other two schools I was thinking are The Pennsylvania State University and The Johns Hopkins University. As cited near the beginning of this thread, people often include the "the" and pronounce it "thee" for emphasis. I think it's done by non-OSU people as a light-hearted mocking of the name. OSU people might say it in the spirit of distinguishing themselves from other, peer schools, or as the school in Ohio (implication being the Ohio is a superior state). All in good fun as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think I've ever heard Penn State adopt that mindset but maybe they do. I've heard some academic types refer to JHU in a way similar to OSU, only from the academic prestige point of view. It is, after all, a highly regarded school.

And there you have it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Then she should have committed sooner
Hard to commit when you don’t have a scholarship offer. It appears that Nika only received an offer from UConn very recently.

Reaction Score
Hard to commit when you don’t have a scholarship offer. It appears that Nika only received an offer from UConn very recently.
Hailey Van Lith? I didn't know she didn't have offer. Thought she did

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom