Nika Muhl to UCONN

UcMiami

How it is
wooha!
I am glad Uconn has gone international - I think there is a quality to international players that is harder to find in US players.
1. US kids tend to be less mature as US society tends to be less integrated by age.
2. US players tend to play too much and practice as a team too little.
3. US teams tend to be 'star oriented' while international players are more 'team oriented'

No question that the talent available in the US is phenomenal and with no local professional options all that talent is funneled into the college ranks. And the above list is a generalization and there are a lot of kids who are exceptions to the rule, but they have to buck the #2 and #3 points.

vowelguy

Boneyard contrarian since 1998
wooha!
I am glad Uconn has gone international - I think there is a quality to international players that is harder to find in US players.
I'm very happy to have Muhl, but I chuckle at this given Geno's complaints 20 years ago about a certain European player. It's why Geno never gets mic'ed up for games anymore. :) :)

She is coming next year with Griffin right? How tall is she? Isn't she a great 3 point shooter? Will be a freshman?

Guessing HVL is a no go.
wouldn't be surprised if she already contacted the losing coaches......I assume that's why UConn went the European route......of course as a European player couldn't she fold her tent and head back to play pro ball at any time during her four years?...I would hope that Geno still looks for a 2021 guard who would be ready if that happens....