Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn't Uconn her dream school from her younger days?
That may be true, although I never heard that. While Hailey Van Lith may eventually have a greater upside than Muhl, sometimes she does play a little out of control, getting herself caught inside, up in the air, among the trees. I think Muhl will be better able to contribute at the D1 level from the start.

Reaction Score
She is coming next year with Griffin right? How tall is she? Isn't she a great 3 point shooter? Will be a freshman?
Three-point shooting is not her specialty - at all. In her two European leagues, she is a combined 11-65 (16.9%).

What she does do well at is ... She is a terrific passer and is very crafty as well as a tenacious defender. Also a great rebounder for a guard. Triple-double type of player.

She will join Bueckers as far as anyone knows.

Reaction Score
That may be true, although I never heard that. While Hailey Van Lith may eventually have a greater upside than Muhl, sometimes she does play a little out of control, getting herself caught inside, up in the air, among the trees. I think Muhl will be better able to contribute at the D1 level from the start.
Both Hailey Van Lith and Muhl get very out of control at times. Muhl averages 6 TOPG in one league and 4.4 in the other. That will need to be cut down before she sees the floor.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just watched the latest video on Nika and I now have this incredible image in my head of Nika, Paige and Christyn on the court together with Liv, Megan and/or some other front court TBD's.

In the words of Dickie V, "IT'S SHOWTIME BABY!!!"

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if she’s been to campus yet?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Home Visit with Jose Fernandez of USF

1554757381084.png

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Oregon Home Visit. I believe that's Xavi Lopez Oregon Ass't Coach.

1554757545806.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I have wondered why he avoided the international players. I believe his immigrant story should play very well with international players and their families.

wooha!
I am glad Uconn has gone international - I think there is a quality to international players that is harder to find in US players.
1. US kids tend to be less mature as US society tends to be less integrated by age.
2. US players tend to play too much and practice as a team too little.
3. US teams tend to be 'star oriented' while international players are more 'team oriented'

No question that the talent available in the US is phenomenal and with no local professional options all that talent is funneled into the college ranks. And the above list is a generalization and there are a lot of kids who are exceptions to the rule, but they have to buck the #2 and #3 points.

Reaction Score
I'm very happy to have Muhl, but I chuckle at this given Geno's complaints 20 years ago about a certain European player. It's why Geno never gets mic'ed up for games anymore. :):)
Geno complained tongue in cheek about Sveta, because she was just as stubborn as he was. In reality, she was one of his very favorite players to come to Storrs. She spoke limited English when she came to the US, as Geno did when he arrived. He consequently had enormous respect for her both on and especially off the court in the classroom. I had the opportunity to attend a few events at which both were present, and the affection between them was evident. She was like a daughter to him.

Reaction Score
Is she the Croatian?

Yes. Interestingly, Geno went to Croatia to pay her a visit (in March). Must have really wanted her, and she was apparently very impressed. Also interesting that she has followed the Huskies since childhood. As with Paige, Nika says UConn was her dream team.
But olddude's point is well taken: let's get some size if we can to complement these talented guards.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting stat lines from what I have seen - lots of both assists and TOs, good 2 point percentage, bad 3 point percentage, iffy on FTs, tons of steals and lots of rebounds for a guard.

She is getting calls to the national team and has played on the age restricted teams. Saw one comment about double doubles, triple doubles and quad doubles but suspect that is all local level stuff.

Don't really think this commitment changes anything on the US side of recruiting - seeing how US recruits do not seem to restrict their choices by what a school already has. Specifically if Hailey Van Lith wants to come to Uconn I doubt 'competition' will scare her away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom