Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

Reaction Score
Well after hearing this news, Baylor, Oregon, Oregon State, and other schools thinking that they have a chance at getting Hailey Van Lith may have just perked up a bit.

Reaction Score
wouldn't be surprised if she already contacted the losing coaches......I assume that's why UConn went the European route......of course as a European player couldn't she fold her tent and head back to play pro ball at any time during her four years?...I would hope that Geno still looks for a 2021 guard who would be ready if that happens....
I think he might still be looking at Fudd. ;)

Reaction Score
Geno complained tongue in cheek about Sveta, because she was just as stubborn as he was. In reality, she was one of his very favorite players to come to Storrs. She spoke limited English when she came to the US, as Geno did when he arrived. He consequently had enormous respect for her both on and especially off the court in the classroom. I had the opportunity to attend a few events at which both were present, and the affection between them was evident. She was like a daughter to him.

Agree except for the tongue in cheek part. She legitimately drove him crazy at times.

Reaction Score
Agree except for the tongue in cheek part. She legitimately drove him crazy at times.
Especially when Sveta, in their openly public, verbal jabs out did him. I think the SVETA GRANDMa's were coaching her.

Reaction Score
In order to complement this new recruit, I hope that Ivana Stepalovya who is the 8 foot Russian recommended by Sveta decides to sign up.

She also looks like in the videos that she can make a layup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nika MUHL

POINT GUARD

Birth:
09 Apr 2001 (age 17)
Height:
177cm / 5'10"
Nationality:
CRO

Nika MUHL at the FIBA U16 Women's European Championship Division A 2016 - FIBA.basketball
Since she turns 18 tomorrow why isn't she a 2019 ? Heck, Sveta was 16 when she came !!

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that was the case when Bueckers gave her verbal committment last week.

I'm sure there are a lot of recruits that worry about better players being recruited over them but there also are those who really want to play with other great players. I've wondered if the former in the 2019 class saw the shadow of Bueckers behind them and, suspecting it was UConn, went elsewhere. JMO

Reaction Score
It's now clear to me why UConn won the recruiting battle. Geno was the only coach that didn't make Nika do some silly hand gesture to make bull horns or the Oregon "O". Hell, Jeff Walz probably showed up wearing a Cardinal suit.

Actually Kevin McGuff didn’t make her do any stupid thing like that

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well after hearing this news, Baylor, Oregon, Oregon State, and other schools thinking that they have a chance at getting Hailey Van Lith may have just perked up a bit.
That may be but it she actually wants to go to Connecticut then she shouldn’t be afraid of the competition.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are a lot of recruits that worry about better players being recruited over them but there also are those who really want to play with other great players. I've wondered if the former in the 2019 class saw the shadow of Bueckers behind them and, suspecting it was UConn, went elsewhere. JMO

I think the vast majority of great players want to play with other great players who fill other positions on the same team. However, I strongly suspect that the interest diminishes significantly among a good percentage of these same folks when one or more (MORE in UCONN's case) of the other great players will be playing the same position as her or him, AND the other great player or players is/are in the same recruiting class to boot (also like UCONN). No, I don't have hard data on this, just personal observation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That may be but it she actually wants to go to Connecticut then she shouldn’t be afraid of the competition.

When Bueckers and Muhl get there Christyn Williams will still have two years remaining. Even if Bueckes played a bit of wing there are hardly minutes to go around for CW/Hailey Van Lith/PB/NM for two seasons. There are minutes for three guards, however. Though 2021 will be congested with Azzi Fudd as a freshman. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom