Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

Reaction Score
When Bueckers and Muhl get there Christyn Williams will still have two years remaining. Even if Bueckes played a bit of wing there are hardly minutes to go around for CW/Hailey Van Lith/PB/NM for two seasons. There are minutes for three guards, however. Though 2021 will be congested with Azzi Fudd as a freshman. :)

It seems the theme has shifted from a program withering on the vine to one with so much abundance that there aren't enough balls for everyone. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That may be but it she actually wants to go to Connecticut then she shouldn’t be afraid of the competition.

You could well be right about this, if that is her mindset. However, as I described in my recent post above, I think the likelihood of having the desire to to be on a team where one must share the same position with TWO other very good players diminishes for many players (but it may not for Hailey Van Lith and/or Hailey Van Lith may be perfectly willing to play the 2 at times).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Off-season wish Numero Uno ACHIEVED! Don't feel slighted Paige - you came on on season! Oh boy, I'm loving this.

Reaction Score
Just watched the latest video on Nika and I now have this incredible image in my head of Nika, Paige and Christyn on the court together with Liv, Megan and/or some other front court TBD's.

In the words of Dickie V, "IT'S SHOWTIME BABY!!!"[/QUOT

Great interview Another example of a "UCONN girl" that draws us to this team
She brightened our day regardless of her stats

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard any actual substantiated rumors about the 6'9" Chinese girl Yu, Ah Fun? Any chance of her actually being allowed to come to the U.S. for college?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Three-point shooting is not her specialty - at all. In her two European leagues, she is a combined 11-65 (16.9%).

What she does do well at is ... She is a terrific passer and is very crafty as well as a tenacious defender. Also a great rebounder for a guard. Triple-double type of player.

She will join Bueckers as far as anyone knows.

Whoa, I question those stats! I just watched an entire video and by my calculations, she shoots about 100% from all distances.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Muhl gives UConn another option in the backcourt in 2020-21, with point guard Crystal Dangerfield set to graduate after next season. Before making her announcement, Muhl said she would welcome the challenge of competing with Bueckers for the point guard job.

“I don’t think that’s a problem. Actually, I think that’s an honor because she’s a really good player,” Muhl said. “She was in the camp two days ago, and we played against each other. We are two very different players, but I think we could play together definitely one day. … I love the competition.”

https://www.ctpost.com/uconn/articl..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

Reaction Score
Svet wasn't Euro. She was Russian. That was the problem lol

Um, western Russia is part of Europe. St Petersburg, Sveta's hometown, is in Europe.

And his infamous mic'ed up comment about her referenced European style of play.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does not UConn already have a strong defensive, weak offensive guard sitting on their bench? How is Muhl pronounced, Mule or Mull? I was hoping UConn would get a commitment from Anna M.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oops, my #1 wish for 2019 was and still is Anna Makurat. Anyone has any info one way or the other on her?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Does not UConn already have a strong defensive, weak offensive guard sitting on their bench? How is Muhl pronounced, Mule or Mull? I was hoping UConn would get a commitment from Anna M.

It has an umlaut so I was thinking Meel. Not sure though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interestingly, the PA announcer at CTK absolutely butchered Azzi’s name. On the second day.

Reaction Score
Geno complained tongue in cheek about Sveta, because she was just as stubborn as he was. In reality, she was one of his very favorite players to come to Storrs. She spoke limited English when she came to the US, as Geno did when he arrived. He consequently had enormous respect for her both on and especially off the court in the classroom. I had the opportunity to attend a few events at which both were present, and the affection between them was evident. She was like a daughter to him.
Sveta is Genos wife’s favorite player. Enough said.

Reaction Score
When Bueckers and Muhl get there Christyn Williams will still have two years remaining. Even if Bueckes played a bit of wing there are hardly minutes to go around for CW/Hailey Van Lith/PB/NM for two seasons. There are minutes for three guards, however. Though 2021 will be congested with Azzi Fudd as a freshman. :)
Hell of a bench :)

Reaction Score
Interestingly, the PA announcer at CTK absolutely butchered Azzi’s name. On the second day.
Hey the PA announcer is human. At least he didn't introduce her team as the University of Cincinnati.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

This problem reeks of a national championship...

...or four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom