Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard any actual substantiated rumors about the 6'9" Chinese girl Yu, Ah Fun? Any chance of her actually being allowed to come to the U.S. for college?
Yu Ah Funny

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Having looked at some tape thrown up here I have to say : "I got no complaints." And may Geno continue to use his all world status to mine same for the best and brightest.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So sorta like a certain Canadian who we love, Nika got contacted late by Connecticut, like 2 months ago, and she said "What, you're kidding me". That could be a hint about the way it was going to go. (No more bottles of wine from Jose I'm guessing.) Turns out, what a surprise, been following everything UConn since she was a little bit. Yeah, lets keep mining that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So how did this come about? Did Coach Geno just see her play while watching the US team? Was she recommended by someone?

What's the back story here?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So sorta like a certain Canadian who we love, Nika got contacted late by Connecticut, like 2 months ago, and she said "What, you're kidding me". That could be a hint about the way it was going to go. (No more bottles of wine from Jose I'm guessing.)
I feel bad for Jose. It’s like Geno just discovered his secret stash of European imports, and things will never be the same again at USF.

Reaction Score
I think if players love competition and want to get better and have a shot at the national championship year in and year out and willing to wait a year or two to start why not all come to UConn. In the end it’s about national championships and getting drafted/play professional league. UConn is the best school to achieve those goals. However if a player is about playing time and getting individual accolades then I agree there will be a log jam if Hailey Van Lith/Pg/nm/cw are there at the same time.

Reaction Score
Geno views Fudd in an entirely different class than the two pg's he's signed. She is most definitely his #1 target in the Class of 2021.

Not a post player? Not power forwards? Aren't they desperately needed?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Does not UConn already have a strong defensive, weak offensive guard sitting on their bench? How is Muhl pronounced, Mule or Mull? I was hoping UConn would get a commitment from Anna M.

1554771607533.png

Sigh. I don't know if in your current state of mind you can digest this kind of information, but if you want to be happier look at this:

Suspect it won't matter.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's now clear to me why UConn won the recruiting battle. Geno was the only coach that didn't make Nika do some silly hand gesture to make bull horns or the Oregon "O". Hell, Jeff Walz probably showed up wearing a Cardinal suit.

Lol...... good one.:D

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not a post player? Not power forwards? Aren't they desperately needed?

Geno knows he has a “critical “ need for post players. I believe he will address that need in the days and weeks to come. Since he can’t comment on deals or players he’s working on, all we can do is trust that he and his coaches will get commitments from the players they recruit for 2019-2020 and beyond.

You know he’s not going to lower his standards because of need. All we can do is hope for the best, and support whatever decisions he makes. I believe he will find a post player(s) somewhere, either here or over there. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“He was actually exactly how I expected him to be. He was a really funny, relaxing guy,” Muhl told The Courant recently. “There’s always wisdom and smart stuff coming out of him. He taught me a lot in just that one visit. I was really thankful and blessed to have him come all the way to Croatia. It’s a big trip, and it showed me how much he wants me. I think we [built] a good relationship.”

UConn women’s basketball lands commitment from Croatian point guard

No, no. He's a bully!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I’m concerned about the ones we get, not the ones we don’t. The ones we don’t get have never helped us win a game or a championship. As Bill Belichick says, "I’m only commenting and concerned about the players that are here." :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
@donalddoowop when the player puts the ball in the hoopey thing what's that called? Good defense. Why do you feel the need to be negative in spite of facts. Tiresome beyond measure. Want negative attention? You got it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Muhl wasn’t expected to announce any decision until the early summer after taking visits to each of her schools but ultimately decided on UConn. It helped that the Huskies were Muhl’s dream school growing up.

“I knew so much (about UConn). I followed them since I was little,” Muhl said. “That was actually my dream club when I was little. I followed them, always watched Geno’s videos, late night shows, watched the games so yeah I think I knew pretty much everything about them.”

UConn Women’s Basketball: 2020 PG Nika Muhl Commits to Huskies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom