Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

Reaction Score
Cant wait to see her running the fast break alongside Bueckers. Get ready for some slick passing!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's now clear to me why UConn won the recruiting battle. Geno was the only coach that didn't make Nika do some silly hand gesture to make bull horns or the Oregon "O". Hell, Jeff Walz probably showed up wearing a Cardinal suit.
He most likely wore his KFC checkered shirt.

Reaction Score
Geno complained tongue in cheek about Sveta, because she was just as stubborn as he was. In reality, she was one of his very favorite players to come to Storrs. She spoke limited English when she came to the US, as Geno did when he arrived. He consequently had enormous respect for her both on and especially off the court in the classroom. I had the opportunity to attend a few events at which both were present, and the affection between them was evident. She was like a daughter to him.

Cheddie- - - Svet was only 16 when she came to Storrs!

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith. I believe she's ranked right behind Paige Bueckers, and they're both guards, so it seems unlikely Geno will land both.

hoopsfan22- - - -With Nika Muhl capable of playing a 3/W I can see Hailey Van Lith also on board at UCONN! She'd be a great "catch" for Geno & UCONN!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Maybe I should change the rules midstream: Schools where "University" is not the next word.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many more scholarships Geno will have for 2020? He’s clearly been busy with wonderful results so far. I still have my fingers crossed that he may somehow come up with some nice additional players for next year

Reaction Score
Maybe I should change the rules midstream: Schools where "University" is not the next word.
2. The College of St. Rose (NY)
3. The Lincoln University (PA)
4. The College of St. Scholastica (MN)
5. The College of New Jersey
6. The City College of New York
7. The Sage Colleges (NY)
8. The State University of New York at Fredonia
9. The College of Wooster (OH)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many more scholarships Geno will have for 2020? He’s clearly been busy with wonderful results so far. I still have my fingers crossed that he may somehow come up with some nice additional players for next year
At least 4 of them, CD, Molly, Kyra, and Batouly will be leaving after the 19-20 season and they only have 9 currently on next years roster.

Reaction Score
Just after brief looks of highlights - I could be all wet but she has a bit of look like a physical style of Jen Rizzotti.

Reaction Score
Well after hearing this news, Baylor, Oregon, Oregon State, and other schools thinking that they have a chance at getting Hailey Van Lith may have just perked up a bit.
How does this effect the Buecker decision? It seems she is coming here because she thinks she is Dangerfeild's replacement> Now she has competition and she may not be up for that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How does this effect the Buecker decision? It seems she is coming here because she thinks she is Dangerfeild's replacement> Now she has competition and she may not be up for that.
Relax. Paige is all about team and has already indicated she’ll play anywhere on the court. Furthermore, Muhl is very good, but if Paige is afraid of competing with her, she doesn’t belong at UConn in the first place.

More to the point, just about every top guard in the country was a pg in HS. So Christyn was a pg in HS and seems to be blending in quite nicely with Crystal.

Paige and Nika are both tall, athletic guards who can shoot, pass and play defense. I think what Geno will sell to both of them is the opportunity to play together as the starting UConn backcourt.

Reaction Score
Don't think it's a problem. CW will be a junior, and Bueckers is the #1 guard in her class. Muhl will come off the bench, perhaps behind a senior Coombs/sophomore Griffin depending on what happens with that fifth starting spot next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom