Nika Muhl to UCONN | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl to UCONN

Reaction Score
Azzi can play PG, but she doesn't on her HS team. Her best position is the 2 or maybe the 3. She'll appreciate playing with a great PG, especially if it's her best friend Paige. Getting Paige will definitely help in recruiting Azzi.

I hope so because Azzi who reminds some people of maya and Paige who reminds some people of DT would make UCONN unbelievably good.

Reaction Score
Why would it work against Fudd. If anything more impact on Hailey Van Lith

If the Polish point guard and Hailey Van Lith commit to UCONN that is a lot of outstanding point guards on one team and that may make Azzi think twice about committing to UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If the Polish point guard and Hailey Van Lith commit to UCONN that is a lot of outstanding point guards on one team and that may make Azzi think twice about committing to UCONN.
Not to worry! If we get Makurat, which I think is quite possible, that certainly helps us next year, when we will really need it. Even without Anna, and especially with her, I think getting Van Lith is unlikely. Hailey has idolized all things UConn for years and she's close with Paige, but Hailey may not see enough PT opportunity at UConn. Both Oregon and Oregon State are closer to home and good options for her. That said, I'd still take Hailey, even if we get Makurat. Having a bunch of good guards is a blessing.

In terms of Azzi, she would start for most teams in the country, but maybe not all. Regardless, she will get major playing time at UConn, just as freshmen Diana, Maya, Kaleena, et al. did. Azzi wants to win, which requires being surrounded by good players. Azzi wants to reach her potential, and, like Paige, she knows that Geno can best help her with that.

Reaction Score
It is highly uncertain where Hailey Van Lith will commit. She has a lot of excellent choices. Assuming Makurat commits, I would think Hailey Van Lith will go elsewhere. What Azzi does, I don't know.

Reaction Score
I’m not familiar with makurat. Do people have a feel of who’d they would rather have? Or better who Geno would like better

Reaction Score
I’m not familiar with makurat. Do people have a feel of who’d they would rather have? Or better who Geno would like better

I mean between Hailey Van Lith and Makurat

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I mean between Hailey Van Lith and Makurat
Anna is a 6’0 g/w who can play the 2 or 3 for UConn. She’s highly skilled, plays in the European pro league and, most importantly would be here next year and is capable of filling the 5th starting spot.

Hailey Van Lith is a a very talented 5’7” pg that would not be here until 2020-21, along with 2 other very talented and bigger pg’s (Paige & Nika). If I had to choose, I’d take Anna.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Anna is a 6’0 g/w who can play the 2 or 3 for UConn. She’s highly skilled, plays in the European pro league and, most importantly would be here next year and is capable of filling the 5th starting spot.

Hailey Van Lith is a a very talented 5’7” pg that would not be here until 2020-21, along with 2 other very talented and bigger pg’s (Paige & Nika). If I had to choose, I’d take Anna.

Me too.

Reaction Score

I have never seen Anna play, but I remember reading that she was the second best player in Europe. If Geno likes her she must be pretty good.

Reaction Score
Me too.
Hailey Van Lith is ranked 3 in Hoopgurlz. I know that We shouldn’t put too much stock in ranking sites but if you guys are saying Makurat is better then she would be ranked really high if she was in 2020 class. Is she that good?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is ranked 3 in Hoopgurlz. I know that We shouldn’t put too much stock in ranking sites but if you guys are saying Makurat is better then she would be ranked really high if she was in 2020 class. Is she that good?
I'm not sure anyone is saying Anna is better than Hailey Van Lith, but she's about 5" taller and more versatile. She's also very good.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm not sure anyone is saying Anna is better than Hailey Van Lith, but she's about 5" taller and more versatile. She's also very good.
I absolutely agree with you on Anna’s size & versatility. I would also add that Anna has a more “college ready” game at this point. If the Huskies do not add a transfer who is immediately eligible, Anna will likely be the 5th starter next season, assuming that she is in fact coming to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I absolutely agree with you on Anna’s size & versatility. I would also add that Anna has a more “college ready” game at this point. If the Huskies do not add a transfer who is immediately eligible, Anna will likely be the 5th starter next season, assuming that she is in fact coming to Storrs.

Anna has not committed yet so right now it is just speculation. I hope she does commit along with a quality big which UCONN desperately needs next year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Anna has not committed yet so right now it is just speculation. I hope she does commit along with a quality big which UCONN desperately needs next year.
I agree it’s not yet time to pop the champagne, but Adamec’s tweet indicated that Anna has told coaches that she wants to attend UConn, so we’re all hopeful that once the European playoffs are over an official announcement will be forthcoming.

Reaction Score
I agree it’s not yet time to pop the champagne, but Adamec’s tweet indicated that Anna has told coaches that she wants to attend UConn, so we’re all hopeful that once the European playoffs are over an official announcement will be forthcoming.
She reportedly wants to take an official visit in May.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just noticed that the UConn blog Nika video includes her answering a question: When did you realize you were really good? She said when the college AND CLUBS offers began to come in. I think it's good that she had those club offers and still elected to come to the Temple of WCBB.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
STORRS — When Nika Muhl, one of the most talented recruits in the women’s basketball Class of 2020, decided to officially announce her commitment to UConn last week, she said her future head coach Geno Auriemma was not surprised.

“I think he already knew,” Muhl said on informing Auriemma of her commitment. “I wouldn’t say that he was surprised. I think we had it going for a couple of times already. We both knew what my decision would be.”

Dean Nemec, Muhl’s coach for Tresnjevka, said that Muhl is an uber-athletic guard who has a knack for creating chaos on defense and the quickness to exploit defenders in the lane.

“Her ultimate weapon is transition and high intensity of play,” Nemec said via email. “And participation in all segments of the game — score points, assistance, jumps on defense and attacks, stolen balls.”

Muhl has not visited UConn yet, but she expects to by the end of April or early May. Despite not visiting before her commitment, the point guard said she knew this was the best place for her to continue her basketball and academic career.

“No, it wasn’t hard to commit without visiting first,” Muhl said. “Thinking about UConn, I didn’t need a visit to prove to myself that I wanted to go there. I am just so excited to get to campus and see what it’s all about and get to work.”

COLLEGE BEAT: Being first across the pond helped Geno bring Croatia star to Storrs

Reaction Score
glad to see UConn being more aggressive going after recruits early as the competition for top talent is tougher then ever..................“He was the first one to visit. He made me think that he really cared and that he really wanted me there.”

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Muhl has not visited UConn yet, but she expects to by the end of April or early May. Despite not visiting before her commitment, the point guard said she knew this was the best place for her to continue her basketball and academic career.

“No, it wasn’t hard to commit without visiting first,” Muhl said. “Thinking about UConn, I didn’t need a visit to prove to myself that I wanted to go there. I am just so excited to get to campus and see what it’s all about and get to work.”

Very interesting that she committed without seeing the campus or facilities -- which also means that she probably hasn't met any of her future teammates. Will be very fun to see how she meshes personality-wise with Crystal, Megan, Christyn et al.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Very interesting that she committed without seeing the campus or facilities -- which also means that she probably hasn't met any of her future teammates. Will be very fun to see how she meshes personality-wise with Crystal, Megan, Christyn et al.
Maybe Crystal will let Nika take the Ferrari out for a test drive...:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom