NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Why would expectations have anything to do with it? So because Lebron was expected to great, and he is great, that makes him even greater??

And if you want to talk about reaching levels of mythology, then I think the GOAT label can only go to one man, and it aint LBJ.

For the record, I really really used to hate him, but I have come to respect how great he is, I think Lebron is #2 all-time. Cant ignore the rule changes and what MJ had to go up against. Also, Lebron quitting against Boston and Orlando, faking the elbow injury, moving to South Beach, the flopping, whining, going out of his way to tell everyone how focused and hardworking he is (zero dark thirty for the playoffs etc), and how overall garbage the east has been for most of his career. Ok that's a pretty big list for #2...maybe i should reconsider...
Michael Jordan would have been one of the most disliked celebrities in the world if he was in his prime just 10 years later when twitter would have let the world see how big of an he really was, fact.

Reaction Score
Michael Jordan would have been one of the most disliked celebrities in the world if he was in his prime just 10 years later when twitter would have let the world see how big of an he really was, fact.

Ok. And that means hes not the GOAT?

Reaction Score
I do believe LeBron has entered the top 2 all time this year, and including the comparison of eras, is right on Michael's heels. If you were down 1 with 8 seconds left you would undoubtedly rather have Michael. However, LeBron is superior at 1)making the game ridiculously easy for teammates with his unique passing ability 2)more physical getting to the rim, rebounding, shot blocking, etc. 3)has similar freak athleticism (hops/footspeed) but with more size so can guard 1 through 4. Throw an average, maybe even slightly below average team around LeBron, you are still going to the Finals. Every year. Do have to remember Michael was an outrageous high-flyer, great mid-range shooter, and viciously competitive, and would have adapted to any era. We should enjoy the rest of LeBron's prime because we may not see another guy who merits legit GOAT conversations for decades, or longer.

Reaction Score
I continue to be more amazed by Popovich and the Spurs. If Dantoni doesn't beat Pop this year it might never happen. Pop loses Duncan, and still wins 60 games, and are outplaying the Rockets without Parker, they got their doors blown off in game 1. Doc Rivers bailed when the Celtics were rebuilding, Riley and Pjax would bail when their dynasty was over, Pop and the Spurs just keep rolling, its been what almost 20 plus years of winning 50 plus games (aside from lock out season in 99) thats ridiculous, Kwahi's development is a huge reason why as well.

Reaction Score
I continue to be more amazed by Popovich and the Spurs. If Dantoni doesn't beat Pop this year it might never happen. Pop loses Duncan, and still wins 60 games, and are outplaying the Rockets without Parker, they got their doors blown off in game 1. Doc Rivers bailed when the Celtics were rebuilding, Riley and Pjax would bail when their dynasty was over, Pop and the Spurs just keep rolling, its been what almost 20 plus years of winning 50 plus games (aside from lock out season in 99) thats ridiculous, Kwahi's development is a huge reason why as well.
He may be the best coach ever. I'm still mad it him for not having Duncan on the floor in the end of game 7 in Miami though. Even the best screw up every once in a while.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If I have to start a basketball team today and I have all of basketball history to choose from, my first draft pick is LeBron and I give Pop whatever he asks for to coach it.

Reaction Score
Do have to remember Michael was an outrageous high-flyer, great mid-range shooter, and viciously competitive, and would have adapted to any era.
Great point. Might have been the greatest competitor I ever saw play. A few other guys have been intense, but none for as long, and certainly none have harnessed the fire like he did. Guy had an iron will and he never let up.

We should enjoy the rest of LeBron's prime because we may not see another guy who merits legit GOAT conversations for decades, or longer.
I, for one, am. Nobody playing now or in college now would seem to have a chance. That means that we have at least 15 years to go to even start talking the point even if a guy next year starts showing signs in college/HS. More likely, we're not going to see it.
Jordan and LBJ are two transcendental players who had a perfect baton exchange.
How cool is it that MJ's last year was 02/03 and James' first was 03/04?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Pop and Red are the two greatest NBA coaches in history. IMHO

Reaction Score
If you haven't been watching, tune in now. This has been one of the best games so far this playoffs.

Reaction Score
Wow Pop and Ginobili, getting it done without Leonard. The end of the game Pop chews out Gasol after the last play in regulation and pulls him in the OT.

Reaction Score
Kawhi played better than harden in ot. Just an awful loss for Houston.

Reaction Score
After this amazing performance, the first thing that stands out is Reggie Miller. By God, he is the absolute worst and most trite announcer doing big time NBA games.

What a weird game. Kawhi plays the majority of regulation, hobbling around, but putting up numbers nonetheless. He comes out for the final possession of the 4th and never returns. Somehow, the Spurs are able to cobble up enough offense in OT to get it done.

D'Antoni decides to D'Antoni. I think he is an underrated coach for the most part but his flaws came back to bite this team. He had a 7 man rotation and his team and specifically Harden was absolutely gassed in OT versus a much older Spurs squad. His offense once again comes to a screeching halt during slowed down, meaningful half court sets and Harden ends up going ISO after ISO with Simmons pushing over the screens repeatedly. We have seen this so much time it actually hurts to watch. The offense always devolves to a high pNr in crunch time and they couldn't even execute that.

Regardless of the series outcome, these teams are going to come into the GSW series limping and up against a GSW team coming off of a week of rest and just ready to sweep either opponent. Same thing is happening in the East. At least the NBA Finals should be spectacular.

Reaction Score
After this amazing performance, the first thing that stands out is Reggie Miller. By God, he is the absolute worst and most trite announcer doing big time NBA games.

What a weird game. Kawhi plays the majority of regulation, hobbling around, but putting up numbers nonetheless. He comes out for the final possession of the 4th and never returns. Somehow, the Spurs are able to cobble up enough offense in OT to get it done.

D'Antoni decides to D'Antoni. I think he is an underrated coach for the most part but his flaws came back to bite this team. He had a 7 man rotation and his team and specifically Harden was absolutely gassed in OT versus a much older Spurs squad. His offense once again comes to a screeching halt during slowed down, meaningful half court sets and Harden ends up going ISO after ISO with Simmons pushing over the screens repeatedly. We have seen this so much time it actually hurts to watch. The offense always devolves to a high pNr in crunch time and they couldn't even execute that.

Regardless of the series outcome, these teams are going to come into the GSW series limping and up against a GSW team coming off of a week of rest and just ready to sweep either opponent. Same thing is happening in the East. At least the NBA Finals should be spectacular.

As usual I find myself nodding in agreement as I read your post. I really hope the finals are competitive and live up to the moment. However, I wouldn't be surprised if GSW rolls.

Reggie Miller is God awful. He even dropped a "It just comes down to who really wants it more" in OT. I suppose that made me chuckle at least.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree. If you didn't see the game, Kawhi didn't play a minute of OT.
I only caught overtime. Harden was turning it over like crazy, no excuse to lose with Kawhi out late.

Reaction Score
As usual I find myself nodding in agreement as I read your post. I really hope the finals are competitive and live up to the moment. However, I wouldn't be surprised if GSW rolls.

Reggie Miller is God awful. He even dropped a "It just comes down to who really wants it more" in OT. I suppose that made me chuckle at least.

I think the series is going to be a classic. Lebron, with all the mileage he has somehow is playing like peak Lebron and no one in the world is on that level. I might even be rooting for him which is pretty absurd since I was on the GSW bandwagon last year. Draymond Green will do that to people, even though as much as I dislike him, he adds a lot of entertainment to a game that is just entertainment after all. And he has given me a rooting interest in this playoffs (whoever plays GSW).

You are a more level headed man than I am. That Reggie quote had me cursing him. He had a couple of other gems as well and manages to provide no actual insight. To add to it, he seemed to think Kawhi was on the bench for rest, or something, and they didn't even discuss how crazy and impactful his absence was.

Reaction Score
I only caught overtime. Harden was turning it over like crazy, no excuse to lose with Kawhi out late.

Yes. That was the point of my original post. Glad we got that cleared up.

Reaction Score
I think the series is going to be a classic. Lebron, with all the mileage he has somehow is playing like peak Lebron and no one in the world is on that level. I might even be rooting for him which is pretty absurd since I was on the GSW bandwagon last year. Draymond Green will do that to people, even though as much as I dislike him, he adds a lot of entertainment to a game that is just entertainment after all. And he has given me a rooting interest in this playoffs (whoever plays GSW).

You are a more level headed man than I am. That Reggie quote had me cursing him. He had a couple of other gems as well and manages to provide no actual insight. To add to it, he seemed to think Kawhi was on the bench for rest, or something, and they didn't even discuss how crazy and impactful his absence was.

Miller's voice is even annoying, he has that Andre The Giant always gagging on something voice. Everyone else has already pointed out that he offers no actual insight to anyone who's not watching a basketball game for the very first time, so nothing to do but agree on that.

Reaction Score
The 7 man rotation by Houston was complete idiocy. It totally wore them out and cost them a game they should have won. I really don't understand what they were thinking.

Reaction Score
The 7 man rotation by Houston was complete idiocy. It totally wore them out and cost them a game they should have won. I really don't understand what they were thinking.
D'Antoni's MO, he used to use a short rotation with the Suns to their detriment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom