NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
Why is 'Bron not in best ever convo? Honestly, I've turned to him being it. He'll never be as pretty a player as MJ or even Kobe, and probably not get to their #s.

He's the best I've ever seen.

He has arguably the best defensive play in NBA history.
He's definitely in the conversation, and definitely higher on the list than Kobe (who is not even Top 5). That said, I wouldn't put him above MJ because MJ was also a ridiculous defender, and LeBron has a few series where he collapsed (2012 vs. Celtics, 2013 vs. Dallas).

But there are few in this guy's orbit. Very clearly one of the best handful of players ever.

Reaction Score
The stats are very similar. LeBron has 6x all D, Jordan 9x, so that's close to a wash, and I'm not buying that Jordan was a better defender when you consider that LeBron could probably guard all five positions in a pinch.

What's really jumping out at me about LBJ is what a year he is having.
Career wise, he's having his 3rd best 3pt shooting year, 2nd best 2pt shooting, best rebounding year, best assist year, while playing only his 9th most minutes. Un-freaking-real.

He has, probably, the best playoff stats of any player, and still going.

When it's all said and done, the only statistical measure that may be plainly in Jordan's favor may be total championships, but that remains to be seen.
Further, James will likely finish top 10 in points and assists, and top 60 rebounds. Jordan is top 10 points, less that top 120 rebounds, #43 for assists.

Jordan played on great teams in an era with few great teams. After the 80s Celts and Lakers faded via heel spurs and HIV, who was left? The bad boy Pistons? For what? 3 years? The talent in the league was nowhere near where it is today - not even close.

Finally, I've seen LeBron beat the GSW multiple games in the finals playing against the greatest shooter I've ever seen with a back up point guard starting and his two best teammates out. And he carried a group of no-names in Cleveland to the finals when he was young.

Best player I've ever seen, and I saw Jordan's whole career too.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lebron's career, combined with the come up story that approaches levels of mythology considering the hype behind a teenager who not only lived up to the unachievable, but surpassed them with grace, makes Lebron James the GOAT.

Reaction Score
I am firmly back on the anti-Harden bandwagon. He is making a mockery of the game with these 3 point fouls. Great game going on by the way.

Lebron over MJ might be a stretch but he is solidly #2 in my book and I do think he is underappreciated.

Reaction Score
Kawhi Leonard just had 34 points on 13-16 shooting with 8 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals. Stat nerd .

They're gonna need more of that with Tony Parker out. Really pulling for the Spurs to figure it out. Would love to see them beat the Rockets and challenge the Warriors.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
K Leonard is getting better and better - he is the future #1 superstar in the NBA - barring injury
I saw it when he was at SDSU but his mid game and defense has improved so much
I just love how he plays

I am a huge Celtics fan and despised the Lakers for years (I almost feel sorry for them now!) but I will respectfully disagree with tzzAndrew - I think Kobe is/was a top 5 at his position but not top 5 player in NBA history
There are too many "top 5" quality players to narrow it down to 5 - there are a lot of 5 top centers and guards each having unique qualities that make them who they are/were
I would rather rate top 5 by position - LeBron, as much as I don't care for him, is definitely a top 5 in the forward positions but he is not better than MJ nor is he better than L Bird but they have/had different games - that's what makes it so hard to name top 5 talent
If IT kept this pace for 5 or more years he will be in some conversations BUT needs to work on his D but this year is spellbinding

Reaction Score
K Leonard is getting better and better - he is the future #1 superstar in the NBA - barring injury
I saw it when he was at SDSU but his mid game and defense has improved so much
I just love how he plays

I am a huge Celtics fan and despised the Lakers for years (I almost feel sorry for them now!) but I will respectfully disagree with tzzAndrew - I think Kobe is/was a top 5 at his position but not top 5 player in NBA history
There are too many "top 5" quality players to narrow it down to 5 - there are a lot of 5 top centers and guards each having unique qualities that make them who they are/were
I would rather rate top 5 by position - LeBron, as much as I don't care for him, is definitely a top 5 in the forward positions but he is not better than MJ nor is he better than L Bird but they have/had different games - that's what makes it so hard to name top 5 talent
If IT kept this pace for 5 or more years he will be in some conversations BUT needs to work on his D but this year is spellbinding

What conversation is IT going to be in?

LeBron is definitely better than Bird and Kobe is not nearly as good as either of them.

Reaction Score
Kelly Ou re is a total punk loser clown

Should be ejected for the playoffs

Another classy KU player

Reaction Score
Kelly Ou re is a total punk loser clown

Should be ejected for the playoffs

Another classy KU player
Is that you at the game screaming, "You're a bum" every two seconds and flipping off DOT workers?

Reaction Score
Is that you at the game screaming, "You're a bum" every two seconds and flipping off DOT workers?

That guy is loud. The first time I heard him I laughed, now I'm like just calm down man. Guy is getting his playoff ticket money's worth for sure.

Reaction Score
Kelly Ou re is a total punk loser clown. Should be ejected for the playoffs
Nah. It's fun. The guy on the Celtics is a bit of a goon. Same guy who dislocated Love's shoulder, right? Let 'em scrum a bit. Makes for a more interesting series. Just keep the whistle tight enough to prevent cousins-type cheap shots.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Wizards vs Celtics is the light version of those Thunder vs Spurs series. Wizards have a much more talented starting 5 but the coaching and bench advantage is with Celtics. Still think the Wizards are going to win the series.

Reaction Score
Do you think Oubre would do that to LeBron if LeBron set a hard screen? I'm guessing he would have to Kevin Love.

Nah. It's fun. The guy on the Celtics is a bit of a goon. Same guy who dislocated Love's shoulder, right? Let 'em scrum a bit. Makes for a more interesting series. Just keep the whistle tight enough to prevent cousins-type cheap shots.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I am firmly back on the anti-Harden bandwagon. He is making a mockery of the game with these 3 point fouls. Great game going on by the way.

Lebron over MJ might be a stretch but he is solidly #2 in my book and I do think he is underappreciated.

I'm not quite with you on the first paragraph, but I 100% agree with your second paragraph.

Reaction Score
I'm not quite with you on the first paragraph, but I 100% agree with your second paragraph.

Eh, it was a reactionary post after the Mills foul call in game 2. Frustrating to watch a guy jump into a defender 30 ft away from the hoop and toss up an airball and be rewarded with 3 FTs.

Reaction Score
Do you think Oubre would do that to LeBron if LeBron set a hard screen? I'm guessing he would have to Kevin Love.
Good look continuing to try and make a nothing event a race issue.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Eh, it was a reactionary post after the Mills foul call in game 2. Frustrating to watch a guy jump into a defender 30 ft away from the hoop and toss up an airball and be rewarded with 3 FTs.

I'm with ya, I think 90% of the time it shouldn't be a foul. So I guess I kinda agree with you ...

But he's so good at exploiting this, it's so impressive he still figures out how to do it, that it distracts me from how BS it is.

Reaction Score
Wizards vs Celtics is the light version of those Thunder vs Spurs series. Wizards have a much more talented starting 5 but the coaching and bench advantage is with Celtics. Still think the Wizards are going to win the series.

That's an interesting comparison, I hadn't thought of that. What I have thought about is what this Washington roster would look like with KD. They had the space for him, didn't they? I think they're the best team in basketball with him. I'm also starting to wonder if there is a more underrated player in the league than Otto Porter. He's somehow still only 23 even though he played in the old Big East, which makes him seem at least 80.

Reaction Score
He's into his after-life basketball life, reason why he went to GSW and can also win Championships there obviously.

I agree, KD on the Wiz is a great roster. He's from there, they hired Scotts Brooks for that one reason, surprised he never even gave them an interview honestly.

If he cared about hoops legacy he would have went to the C's, won a 'Ship and joined the family.

That's an interesting comparison, I hadn't thought of that. What I have thought about is what this Washington roster would look like with KD. They had the space for him, didn't they? I think they're the best team in basketball with him. I'm also starting to wonder if there is a more underrated player in the league than Otto Porter. He's somehow still only 23 even though he played in the old Big East, which makes him seem at least 80.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's absolutely about race. No way he does that to Al or LeBron for the same clean screen. He did it, not me.

Good look continuing to try and make a nothing event a race issue.

Reaction Score
Lebron's career, combined with the come up story that approaches levels of mythology considering the hype behind a teenager who not only lived up to the unachievable, but surpassed them with grace, makes Lebron James the GOAT.

Why would expectations have anything to do with it? So because Lebron was expected to great, and he is great, that makes him even greater??

And if you want to talk about reaching levels of mythology, then I think the GOAT label can only go to one man, and it aint LBJ.

For the record, I really really used to hate him, but I have come to respect how great he is, I think Lebron is #2 all-time. Cant ignore the rule changes and what MJ had to go up against. Also, Lebron quitting against Boston and Orlando, faking the elbow injury, moving to South Beach, the flopping, whining, going out of his way to tell everyone how focused and hardworking he is (zero dark thirty for the playoffs etc), and how overall garbage the east has been for most of his career. Ok that's a pretty big list for #2...maybe i should reconsider...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom