NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
McCollum has to be the most underrated guy in the league. Nobody talks abiut him and some casual fans don't even know who he is.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Keeping that Bucks team together in todays NBA will be near impossible plus they need a legit playmaker and may have to part with one of the core 5 to get one
The Celts, if they play their cards right with this years off season dealings and get a legit 5, will be the 2nd best team in the East

I think they can move parker for a playmaker. They are in OK shape from a cap perspective, with only Henson sitting on a bad contract.

I think most teams in the East will have to add a player to get better. The exceptions are the Wizards and Bucks, which still have some room to get better with what they have. The Raptors are good, but this kind of feels like their ceiling with this group. I don't think Embiid will ever play a full season, and he could end up being forced to retire young. I don't see the 76ers becoming good without getting lucky in the draft. The Celtics may have over achieved this year. Charlotte, Chicago and Detroit are bubble teams next year without major movement.

The East is wide open for a team to make a move like getting Paul George.

The one bad team in the west that I think could be really good next year without a major addition is the Timberwolves, but I thought they should have been good this year.

Reaction Score
I know I said the other day that Durant going to Golden State was bad for the league. But this is awfully fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Watching Wall and Thomas go at it reminds me of Rondo vs. Rose in that epic '09 first round match-up.

Reaction Score
After watching Thomas, I don't think you can ever ever count out a short college player again. He's showing that height matters, yeah,but it certainly isn't everything.

Reaction Score
But he's black, must be difficult for the fans to reconcile.

Yeah, the fans hated it when the first all-black starting 5 in NBA history was winning championship after championship. It was awful.

The Celtics were trailblazers when it comes to race in the NBA.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
But he's black, must be difficult for the fans to reconcile.
A few drunk balloon knots represent millions of people. What if every UConn fan was judged based off your posts?

Reaction Score
Isaiah Thomas...

open-uri20150422-20810-rh2s1r_7ed9f532.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yeah, the fans hated it when the first all-black starting 5 in NBA history was winning championship after championship. It was awful.

The Celtics were trailblazers when it comes to race in the NBA.
It was a joke considering today's news.

They were serious trailblazers in their treatment of Bill Russell. He brought them 11 championships and became a pariah in his own city. They can erect all the statues they want now but it will never erase them blackballing him and the indignities he suffered.

Reaction Score

They were serious trailblazers in their treatment of Bill Russell. He brought them 11 championships and became a pariah in his own city. They can erect all the statues they want now but it will never erase them blackballing him and the indignities he suffered.

The Celtics treated Bill Russell like a pariah?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Watching that Celtics game gave me chills.

53 points from IT on his sister's birthday.

Reaction Score
The Celtics treated Bill Russell like a pariah?
The city treated him like a pariah. Sorry if there was any confusion, I never considered the organization racist just many of the fans /Boston residents. Russell brought that city so much and it was disgusting the way he was treated, I find that a lot of the tributes to him in his old age ring hollow just like it does with Ali.

Boston has been trying to shake their racist past for a long time, these incidents with professional athletes certainly isn't helping.

Reaction Score

What are you doing? Jesus.

Reaction Score
The city treated him like a pariah. Sorry if there was any confusion, I never considered the organization racist just many of the fans /Boston residents. Russell brought that city so much and it was disgusting the way he was treated, I find that a lot of the tributes to him in his old age ring hollow just like it does with Ali.

Boston has been trying to shake their racist past for a long time, these incidents with professional athletes certainly isn't helping.

Well, I'm not from Boston, but let's go through every American city and see what was going on at the time.

Unreal.

Reaction Score
Why is 'Bron not in best ever convo? Honestly, I've turned to him being it. He'll never be as pretty a player as MJ or even Kobe, and probably not get to their #s.

He's the best I've ever seen.

He has arguably the best defensive play in NBA history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom