NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
A big lanky dude trying for a close out on a 3 is now dirty.

I'm guessing if it's a black dude into another black dude it's just a basketball play, the same as when that clown punk Oubre went after Kelly O for a hard and clean screen and people thought that was justified.

Reaction Score
A big lanky dude trying for a close out on a 3 is now dirty.

I'm guessing if it's a black dude into another black dude it's just a basketball play, the same as when that clown punk Oubre went after Kelly O for a hard and clean screen and people thought that was justified.

Why bring race into the discussion? You sound like a liberal snowflake ;)

You know the guy who is most notorious for this move? Bruce Bowen. Is he only being blamed because of the color of his skin?

I don't even think it was necessarily intentional but Pachulia is a thug on the court and does not receive the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
I didn't bring race into it, guys like you did when you even suggested this.

Draymond Green had the audacity to call Kelly O dirty, I wonder why. Green is such a joke.

Why bring race into the discussion? You sound like a liberal snowflake ;)

You know the guy who is most notorious for this move? Bruce Bowen. Is he only being blamed because of the color of his skin?

I don't even think it was necessarily intentional but Pachulia is a thug on the court and does not receive the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
I didn't bring race into it, guys like you did when you even suggested this.

Draymond Green had the audacity to call Kelly O dirty, I wonder why. Green is such a joke.

Ha! You are on another planet. You weren't the one to bring race into the topic? Re-read your post you goshdarn idiot.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ha! You are on another planet. You weren't the one to bring race into the topic? Re-read your post you goshdarn idiot.

I know what means ... Another JSM exclusive!

Reaction Score
If this was KD and not Zaza no one would even talk about this. It's 100% race. The same way people think that punk Oubre was justified going after the other Kelly O

Reaction Score
His eyes are on Kawhi the entire time and he's simply closing out and challenging him as best he can.
Played a lot of ball, seen a lot of ball. The only time I ever ended up on the other side of the 3 point line, in the area the shooter was landing, is when I followed through on a jump incident to defending, and in those cases, because I was the defender, I'd always be coming down on top of the shooter, not the other way around. In this case, the defender doesn't jump. He's not even near the ball. He weakly puts a hand "in the face," which is moot immediately upon Kawhi jumping, and then, after the ball is released and the shot can't be contested further, he slides his foot into the landing area.
It's one of those things. It was either intentional or extremely reckless. Bruce Bowen was a POS who should have been banned for intent to injure, and so should this clown.

Reaction Score
If this was KD and not Zaza no one would even talk about this. It's 100% race. The same way people think that punk Oubre was justified going after the other Kelly O

You are the worst. People would have been talking about the play no matter who caused it because it took out one of the NBA's best players and an MVP candidate.

Reaction Score
Watching tonight's NBA regularly scheduled blowout win. First time watching the Celtics. The Thomas guy, oh man, I thought the previous coach complaining about his carrying was just sore loser whining, but man o man, that dude holds it like a waiter bringing a tray, moves his body in two directions, takes a step, then turns it over and dribbles. Pretty darn weird watching it. I'm old school on that. I hated when they made the rule that it's not carrying if you don't gain an advantage. What?

If these two series continue like this, they should just skip the warm up rounds next year and play a best of 11 finals with GS and the Cavs.

Reaction Score
Ok, a little life from the Cs
I think they'll bring it in game 2. They have a classic game 7 hangover from the Wizards. Cleveland working on a week's rest. Would have been Herculean for the C's to pull it off tonight. They need to win game 2 and steal one in Cleveland.

Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if this series went more than 5 games.
Friday will tell if the Celts will make it a series. Clearly, their defense was lacking tonight and match-up problems galore. Still, if the C's were hitting 3s in the first half at a normal pct, would have been a much closer game.

Reaction Score
Friday will tell if the Celts will make it a series. Clearly, their defense was lacking tonight and match-up problems galore. Still, if the C's were hitting 3s in the first half at a normal pct, would have been a much closer game.
Match-ups aside, C's are fatigued. After an 82 game regular season they have played 5 more playoff games than Cleveland, and that has certainly translated to defense. But where you could really see it was in the shooting. Thomas making 1/3 FTs in that one foul, many players missing terribly ugly off the front of the rim... Cavs dominated a healthy C's team like Golden State dominated a Kawhi-less Spurs team Tuesday.

Definitely agree that we'll get a good idea for how long this series goes tomorrow. I'll be in Boston over Memorial Day weekend so I'd like to be around for a Game 6. Not holding my breath for that though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think the Cs have hope of the Cavs maybe looking past them? But probably not. I just hate the Cavs and BronBron with the little faces after every single call. Lue was looking for a flagrant when IT who is no exaggeration a foot shorter and a hundred pounds lighter than Lebron tried to stop him on a lay up. REALLY!?!! Crowder needs to go full Lance Stephenson on Bron Bron.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Cavs are simply built to destroy the Celtics, they can't match up properly with them to save their lives. I'd be very impressed and satisfied if they can somehow even pull it to game 6.

Reaction Score
I honestly will be surprised if they win a game, maybe Friday.

No one can stop Thompson or LeBron and Kyrie and Korver didn't even contribute last night.

Cavs are simply built to destroy the Celtics, they can't match up properly with them to save their lives. I'd be very impressed and satisfied if they can somehow even pull it to game 6.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Dream Jobbed 2.0, post: 2199842, member: 7159".]I just hate the Cavs and BronBron with the little faces after every single call. [/QUOTE]
Appreciate him while he's playing, though. Love him or hate him, the guy is magnificent player, and we're getting a treat with the Cavs GSW collision course.

[QUOTE="Dream Jobbed 2.0, post: 2199842, member: 7159".]Lue was looking for a flagrant when IT who is no exaggeration a foot shorter and a hundred pounds lighter than Lebron tried to stop him on a lay up. REALLY!?!! [/QUOTE]
Not a flagrant, for sure, but I think it should be - if you don't play the ball, should be a flagrant. Player safety and flow of game for entertainment should be top priorities, and a guy coming in to the chest of a player who is driving without even having his hands up is dangerous and not entertaining, even if he is a mouse.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Dream Jobbed 2.0, post: 2199842, member: 7159".]I just hate the Cavs and BronBron with the little faces after every single call.
Appreciate him while he's playing, though. Love him or hate him, the guy is magnificent player, and we're getting a treat with the Cavs GSW collision course.

[QUOTE="Dream Jobbed 2.0, post: 2199842, member: 7159".]Lue was looking for a flagrant when IT who is no exaggeration a foot shorter and a hundred pounds lighter than Lebron tried to stop him on a lay up. REALLY!?!! [/QUOTE]
Not a flagrant, for sure, but I think it should be - if you don't play the ball, should be a flagrant. Player safety and flow of game for entertainment should be top priorities, and a guy coming in to the chest of a player who is driving without even having his hands up is dangerous and not entertaining, even if he is a mouse.[/QUOTE]
First of all, nice job quoting. Second of all, then every foul under 2 minutes is flagrant in a close game.

Reaction Score
Celts were tired and the Cavs were rusty after a 10 day lay off.

Reaction Score
I honestly will be surprised if they win a game, maybe Friday.

No one can stop Thompson or LeBron and Kyrie and Korver didn't even contribute last night.

It's hard to imagine how Boston can compete with Cleveland. They pretty much have zero chance to win the series so the only question is if they can get a game or two.

Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine how Boston can compete with Cleveland. They pretty much have zero chance to win the series so the only question is if they can get a game or two.
I largely agree, but I don't think we want to over-read into game 1. It was a classic let-down game for. LeBron is a magician, but I don't think every game will be a blowout.

Reaction Score
I don't think they will be blowouts, but Lebron is at a master level right now and I can't imagine Boston being able to overcome that at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom