NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
Watching tonight's NBA regularly scheduled blowout win. First time watching the Celtics. The Thomas guy, oh man, I thought the previous coach complaining about his carrying was just sore loser whining, but man o man, that dude holds it like a waiter bringing a tray, moves his body in two directions, takes a step, then turns it over and dribbles. Pretty darn weird watching it. I'm old school on that. I hated when they made the rule that it's not carrying if you don't gain an advantage. What?

If these two series continue like this, they should just skip the warm up rounds next year and play a best of 11 finals with GS and the Cavs.
Welcome to the NBA Billy Packer - you still mad about Chris Smith brah?

Reaction Score
Cavs are simply built to destroy the Celtics, they can't match up properly with them to save their lives. I'd be very impressed and satisfied if they can somehow even pull it to game 6.
Celtics have beat the Cavs a few times over the past two years, but I'm not contending they are in this series or the Cavs overall stratosphere. Celts can match LeBron as well as anyone (not well, but Crowder is strong enough and now JaylenB quick enough) and Avery Bradley can hang with Kyrie especially when you sprinkle in MSmart to wear Kyrie down. And Love isn't a bad matchup for Horford. So really the only problem is a big one - literally with Tristan Thompson and figuratively that any of the Cavs big 3 would be at least the 2nd best player on the Celtics.

I'm expecting a competitive game tonight and think the Celtics will have a chance late if they execute near perfect down the stretch. But realistically at this point I think we should all root for 4 games sweeps in both conferences to force the NBA to move-up the inevitable Cavs-Warriors III.

Reaction Score
Celtics have beat the Cavs a few times over the past two years, but I'm not contending they are in this series or the Cavs overall stratosphere. Celts can match LeBron as well as anyone (not well, but Crowder is strong enough and now JaylenB quick enough) and Avery Bradley can hang with Kyrie especially when you sprinkle in MSmart to wear Kyrie down. And Love isn't a bad matchup for Horford. So really the only problem is a big one - literally with Tristan Thompson and figuratively that any of the Cavs big 3 would be at least the 2nd best player on the Celtics.

I'm expecting a competitive game tonight and think the Celtics will have a chance late if they execute near perfect down the stretch. But realistically at this point I think we should all root for 4 games sweeps in both conferences to force the NBA to move-up the inevitable Cavs-Warriors III.

Down 30 already... Wow.

Reaction Score
Celts forgot how to shoot and play basketball. They have given up. The Washington Generals would play better.

Reaction Score
Reggie and CWebb cracking jokes already and talking about LeBron as MVP in the third half of this series

We're gonna have to sit through two more games of this?

My god LeBron is playing out of his mind right now

Reaction Score
I was into the NBA when mj was around. Then the league got really bad and it was hard to follow. Recently for whatever reason I've been more into it in recent years.

But the league is a joke. How can you have a league where both conference finals are 30 point blow outs? How can clevelaned have 3 max (ish- love) guys and still afford all of those other good role players? Thompson korver shump jr etc. it's a joke.

I thought the new collective bargaining was supposed to fix this crap. In what other league can you skip the entire season and playoffs and know with certainty what two teams are going to meet in the finals? And it happens all the time in the NBA. Not just this year.

Celtics are playing unimaginably bad. But they have zero shot of beating Cleveland.

Really exciting nba playoffs and what a party these conference finals have been. Really really Exciting stuff

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I stopped watching.

I'm really looking forward to summer league though!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Let's definitely max IT, can barely get a pass off at his height and wingspan right now, let alone a decent offensive look.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Huge Celts fan but saw this coming 1000 miles away
Celts have no one to guard LeBron and Kyrie - Marcus can only do so much
And the Cavs have and are guarding IT with 5 players
However, the Cs will improve every year
The only thing I m hoping for is a GS championship

Reaction Score
Lebron is really scary right now. I know the competition sucks but don't think I've ever seen him look this good. He's just steamrolling through these playoffs.

Reaction Score
As a lifetime NBA lover it pains me to say the league is an absolute mess right now.

The NBA has so much going for it right now and I am loving the league, but it does suck that the regular season is almost meaningless with the Cavs and Warriors so far ahead of anyone else. goshdarn KD. That rivalry in the West should have been legendary for years. The East is a wash with Lebron being unstoppable but at least we would see 1 elite matchup before the Finals.

Reaction Score
Lebron is really scary right now. I know the competition sucks but don't think I've ever seen him look this good. He's just steamrolling through these playoffs.
You think LeBron would've had much more trouble against Portland, Utah, and a Kawhi-less San Antonio?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Let's definitely max IT, can barely get a pass off at his height and wingspan right now, let alone a decent offensive look.

He's also clearly hampered, now out with a hip injury I believe.

Not necessarily disagreeing with the conclusion, just a bit strong.

Reaction Score
As a lifetime NBA lover it pains me to say the league is an absolute mess right now.

Playoffs weren't any better last year either. NBA needs to try and step in after the GSW/Cavs rubber match, I imagine fan interest will start waning if we get another 8 month season of this inexorable finals matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom