NBA Finals Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread

Reaction Score
The overall premise and a lot of this post is good but the bolded part is preposterously off. Not debatable by any sane person.

Is it though?

Because if you look at the roster, Cleveland minus Lebron still has more talent than pretty much every team in the east.

They beat the celts in the conference finals. Kyrie is better than anyone on the celtics. And Kevin love without Lebron is not the same player as love with Lebron. You could argue he is also better than anyone on the celtics. And definitely sincere IT got hurt.

Last I checked that's 2 guys from team USA when the cs have none.

I conceded that it's arguable and never said they would definitely win it without Lebron. But to call it insanity is a huge stretch. Especially when you offer zero reasoning as to why.

Reaction Score
Did someone say hot takes? Is Lebron still considered "elite"? Does Lebron have the "clutch gene"?? Has KD passed Jordan as a player???

Reaction Score
I will say that at least kd has shown up and earned his ring.

It was a weak move to go to golden st even though he had every right to do so. But you have to respect that he's been on fire all series and doing everything.

If he just played meh and they won then it would tarnish it a bit. But you can't say he hasn't earned it with how he's played so far.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is that it is going to be tough for anybody to beat what is essentially an All-Star team. I doubt there are any pieces the Cavs (or anybody else) can add to make much of a difference. It will come down to injuries the next couple years.

Reaction Score
Did someone say hot takes? Is Lebron still considered "elite"? Does Lebron have the "clutch gene"?? Has KD passed Jordan as a player???
Lebron is a choker and Warriors would beat the '96 Bulls by 50. Also, Pierce has been all over ESPN the past two days saying Durant is the best player in the world. So many dopes on that network, now Durant is clearly better than Lebron.

Reaction Score
Cavs won last year because Draymond is a dope and Bogut was out. This year it would take at least two of the big four to go down.
Wasn't just because of that, but yes that was a major reason.

Reaction Score
Lebron is a choker and Warriors would beat the '96 Bulls by 50. Also, Pierce has been all over ESPN the past two days saying Durant is the best player in the world. So many dopes on that network, now Durant is clearly better than Lebron.
lol, I remember you last year stating that Curry was a better player than LeBron. Lol.

I know your a big GSW fan so it's all good, if I was I would've been chirping the same thing coming off that remarkable regular season Curry had.

Reaction Score
Wasn't just because of that, but yes that was a major reason.

whine whine whine. Fabricated. That is a meaningless idea. Your opinion is very valued by me and I'm sure everyone else on this board. Keep going.

Reaction Score
There is a strong argument to be made that KD has outplayed LeBron in this series, but it's hard to contextualize that when LeBron is sharing the court with a misfit like Irving and Durant is cycling with the greatest team ever assembled.

Along that note, what has been most striking to me in this series is how much more impactful Durant has been defensively than LeBron. It's difficult to surmise how much of that can be attributed to Golden State's spacing limiting what LeBron can do as a help defender and how much of it is Durant simply being able to do things athletically that LeBron can't at this point.

One last thing I'll say is that there are a handful of players in this series that make you wish the league was 24 teams. I'm offended having to watch Pachulia, Shumpert, Deron Williams, etc. along the rest of these legends.

Reaction Score
whine whine whine. Fabricated. That is a meaningless idea. Your opinion is very valued by me and I'm sure everyone else on this board. Keep going.
Huh? Confused?

Reaction Score
Huh? Confused?

Well, you did edit the post of yours which I was replying to (while I was responding). Trying to downplay this team, because it is "fabricated" - whatever that means. I applaud GSW for scouting, drafting and developing 3 All NBA players with picks outside of the top 5, and for leaving themselves room to sign a max NBA player. They have absolutely killed it, which kinda disgusts me because I have to imagine Joe Lacob's smug face telling people he reinvented the wheel. We are going to agree to disagree on this one.

Reaction Score
Well, you did edit the post of yours which I was replying to (while I was responding). Trying to downplay this team, because it is "fabricated" - whatever that means. I applaud GSW for scouting, drafting and developing 3 All NBA players with picks outside of the top 5, and for leaving themselves room to sign a max NBA player. They have absolutely killed it, which kinda disgusts me because I have to imagine Joe Lacob's smug face telling people he reinvented the wheel. We are going to agree to disagree on this one.
It was left on the post I typed over 30 mins ago and I didn't realize, reason I didn't post the reply was because I didn't believe in it so please don't read anything into to that, sorry.

Reaction Score
One last thing I'll say is that there are a handful of players in this series that make you wish the league was 24 teams. I'm offended having to watch Pachulia, Shumpert, Deron Williams, etc. along the rest of these legends.

These guys are all fine role players. You are getting greedy.

Reaction Score
It was left on the post I typed over 30 mins ago and I didn't realize, reason I didn't post the reply was because I didn't believe in it so please don't read anything into to that, sorry.

Ha. This is a message board where we are all talking s____ about basketball. You don't need to apologize about anything, even if that is how you feel. We can disagree.

Reaction Score
lol, I remember you last year stating that Curry was a better player than LeBron. Lol.

I know your a big GSW fan so it's all good, if I was I would've been chirping the same thing coming off that remarkable regular season Curry had.
I said Curry had the better season and is the best shooter ever, not sure I said he was better than Lebron. If I did I was clearly wrong. Unfortunately I'm a Knicks fan and Klay Thompson is my guy, he's still somehow underrated IMO.

Reaction Score
I bet the Cavs come out flat and get smoked in the next game. If that is the case, I am extremely curious about what is going to happen to the Cavs. Lebron knows his window is closing and knows that this roster makeup can't compete with the Warriors, which is all that matters to him. Kyrie is not a good fit with him offensively and Love is not a good fit against the Warriors. I think this team will be very, very different next season, and Lebron may decide to get together with the banana boat crew sooner than expected. As the coach, GM, and free agent himself, he has a lot of decisions to make up.

Reaction Score
There is a strong argument to be made that KD has outplayed LeBron in this series, but it's hard to contextualize that when LeBron is sharing the court with a misfit like Irving and Durant is cycling with the greatest team ever assembled.

Along that note, what has been most striking to me in this series is how much more impactful Durant has been defensively than LeBron. It's difficult to surmise how much of that can be attributed to Golden State's spacing limiting what LeBron can do as a help defender and how much of it is Durant simply being able to do things athletically that LeBron can't at this point.

Lebron playing with Kyrie reminds me of Durant with Russ. I still can't feel badly for Lebron since he handpicked every single piece on that team including the coach and they are a stacked team, there just happens to be a more stacked team in the league. Cavs will either somehow find a way to add another star player or Lebron will bolt to LA in the future and create another super team.

Agree with you on Pachulia and the other cr@p. It's hard to believe at one time many thought Deron Williams was the best point guard in the game and he was beating CP3 in their head to head matchups. Not sure I've ever seen a player fall so fast.

Reaction Score
I bet the Cavs come out flat and get smoked in the next game. If that is the case, I am extremely curious about what is going to happen to the Cavs. Lebron knows his window is closing and knows that this roster makeup can't compete with the Warriors, which is all that matters to him. Kyrie is not a good fit with him offensively and Love is not a good fit against the Warriors. I think this team will be very, very different next season, and Lebron may decide to get together with the banana boat crew sooner than expected. As the coach, GM, and free agent himself, he has a lot of decisions to make up.
The Banana boat crew would be the most hated team in the history of basketball. It would be like a Duke team starting 5 Laettner's.

Reaction Score
I said Curry had the better season and is the best shooter ever, not sure I said he was better than Lebron. If I did I was clearly wrong. Unfortunately I'm a Knicks fan and Klay Thompson is my guy, he's still somehow underrated IMO.
So if your Knicks fan (as am I), who do you want with the 8th pick in the draft?

Reaction Score
The Banana boat crew would be the most hated team in the history of basketball. It would be like a Duke team starting 5 Laettner's.

After GS rolls to another title next year I am willing to bet the banana boat crew will have more people pulling for them than against them. They would all be in the twilight of their respective career. I don't think it would be LeBrons best move if all he cares about is winning. He should go to SAS... lol

Reaction Score
So if your Knicks fan (as am I), who do you want with the 8th pick in the draft?
Not like it matters, they screw up everything but probably Dennis Smith.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom