May recruiting [only] thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

May recruiting [only] thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The thumbs down response to your post may be telling us something. That poster usually has reliable information.
In the past we've seen clear evidence of strong interest from some recruits...........at this juncture I don't think anybody knows where Olson is going and that includes Geno and most likely the recruit herself...........I'd gladly welcome any information that would challenge that supposition.....

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Uconn, LSU and Texas noted as 3 teams recruiting Mikaylah Williams. Maybe it means nothing but someone had to note the 3 teams for it to be in the report.

I'm actually ok with some players/families keeping recruiting quiet, as I wonder if it's how best to manage the craziness of it all.

"Williams does plan to attend the tryouts, according to her mother, Tonya Williams. Although the family is keeping recruiting information close to the vest, Williams is being recruited by UConn, LSU and Texas among others."

Reaction Score
Woah she’s way more physical than I would’ve imagined with her frame I’m intrigued.

It should also be noted that Canadian HS players are finally getting back into the swing of things. Players from the 2021-2024 classes lost close to a year and a half of development time due to ÇOVID protocols in some provinces.

The OSBA where Prosper and Fournier compete out of didn't have a season for 2020-2021. It's scary to think where they could be had they been able to play that year.

Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

- Harpring has rarified pedigree. Father Matt starred @ Georgia Tech & then had a long NBA career as a physical, sharpshooting wing (incl with my Sixers). Hopefully similar paternal recruiting influence as Aubrey’s pro dad (& Ayanna’s, I think);

- Prosper’s brother plays for Clemson, located in SC. Anticipating tea leaves, perhaps she may want to play for an elite program nearby, esp as Canadian stateside? Did this kind of thing with Ciera Toomey & was roasted, only to be proven correct. We’ll see. Nice prospe(ct) so fingers-crossed. Hope eggs-in-basket for Booker don’t burn us with other long two-way wings: Prosper, Kitts, Donovan, Delaney Thomas, etc.

Reaction Score
… Also, Prosper appears to be a superior athlete to Caroline Ducharme, but Carol may have Cassandre on skill, at least to this point. Love what I see on posted video. Mentioned CP awhile back. Nice to hear her name discussed avidly here.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
- Prosper’s brother plays for Clemson, located in SC. Anticipating tea leaves, perhaps she may want to play for an elite program nearby, esp as Canadian stateside? Did this kind of thing with Ciera Toomey & was roasted, only to be proven correct. We’ll see. Nice prospe(ct) so fingers-crossed. Hope eggs-in-basket for Booker don’t burn us with other long two-way wings: Prosper, Kitts, Donovan, Delaney Thomas, etc.
Doesn’t Cassandre Prosper’s brother play for Marquette?

Reaction Score
At least one of us will admit it. You and Coco could jump into a toxic waste dump and still think you smell like a rose. It was in a series involving a lot of other prospects ( Ashlyn Watkins, Toby Fornier etc... ) and I assumed she was in that group also. I don't live and breath basketball. What is it with you two? Why the constant insults?
Huh? Just a quote. Why so sensitive? Was it the Wooden award or the Betts thing. You really come off as a know it all and self absorbed. If you don’t live and breath it, why the long diatribes on my of your post? asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
How does Sarah Strong compare with Aneesah Morrow?
I really can't compare since I never saw Morrow as a HS sophomore. Obviously similar in size. Morrow is very quick to the ball and boards and has relentless effort. And of course her skills are excellent. Strong's positioning, footwork, shooting, and especially passing skills are very advanced for her age and if she has Morrow's motor, her ceiling is very high. Her parent's genes are pretty obvious. Allison Feaster - Wikipedia.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Subscription-based Prep Girls Hoops review from the weekend:

Laila Hull

2023, 6-1 PF/SF, Zionsville Community H.S.

- Laila has long been one of the top prospects in Indiana’s 2023 class, and throughout this past weekend, she was incredibly productive for her grassroots team. She has an athletic frame, good length, and she can run & jump with anyone in the class. Where she continues to improve is skillfully, as she is shooting it from the perimeter with a great deal more consistency than when she was younger, and she’s starting to handle it better in traffic.

Reaction Score
Subscription-based Prep Girls Hoops review from the weekend:

Laila Hull

2023, 6-1 PF/SF, Zionsville Community H.S.

- Laila has long been one of the top prospects in Indiana’s 2023 class, and throughout this past weekend, she was incredibly productive for her grassroots team. She has an athletic frame, good length, and she can run & jump with anyone in the class. Where she continues to improve is skillfully, as she is shooting it from the perimeter with a great deal more consistency than when she was younger, and she’s starting to handle it better in traffic.
Doesn’t sound ready…. Yet

Reaction Score
New ESPN Hoopgurlz rankings for 2023 & 2024.

As far as commits, Ashlynn Shade falls from #5 to #6 and KK Arnold rises from #8 to #7.

Interesting to see POI Aalyah Del Rosario (‘23) go from #18 to #8 and seeing Breya Cunningham fall from #4 to #10.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

As far as commits, Ashlynn Shade falls from #5 to #6 and KK Arnold rises from #8 to #7.

Interesting to see POI Aalyah Del Rosario (‘23) go from #18 to #8 and seeing Breya Cunningham fall from #4 to #10.

Thanks.

They did a lot of rearranging and released a top-25 for 2025.

2025 UConn POI:

#1 Davidson

#3 Chavez

#6 Craft

#10 Lofton

#13 Richardson

#18 Foy

#23 Fisher

#25 Parks

Reaction Score

You beat me too it, but in addition to the interesting changes you state I also noticed that Prosper (11) is now higher than Booker (15), and also in the article on "risers" the large list of schools mentioned as pursuing DelRosario did not include Uconn, and Laila Hull I believe dropped to 94. Kitts was at 17 and Thomas at 19.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adjusted 2024 ESPN rankings, UConn POI:

#1 Edwards

#2 Cambridge

#3 Olson

#5 Strong

#6 Parker

#10 Thomas

#11 Prince

#13 McGill

#14 Lee

#17 Jones

#18 Smith

#19 Fiso

#20 Koval

#22 Roberts

#25 Peterson

#27 Ume

#28 Cheli

#31 Smith

#36 Coppinger

#37 Walker

#38 Berry

#46 Grandberry

#50 Tomlinson

Reaction Score

A lot of shrewd analytics go into these massive changes. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shane Laflin report on ESPN's ranking changes:

P Kate Koval
6-foot-5
Long Island Lutheran (New York)
Unranked to No. 21

Koval has created quite the buzz among recruiters from high school play and now into club basketball. As size is a premium, skilled size is highly sought after -- so much so that she already boasts offers from Tennessee, South Carolina, Oregon, Louisville, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, NC State, Miami and Maryland.

She knows her game -- physical and on the block. She has a feel that allows her to play against double teams, whether she passes to the open teammate or takes advantage of her strengths for an easy bucket inside.

Koval has decent mobility and is comfortable away from the paint when she needs to be. She keeps things simple, and as she continues to get more experience in a faster pace, watch for her to continue to blossom. She plays for Exodus (New York) on the Nike EYBL circuit.

G Morgan Cheli
6-foot-2
Archbishop Mitty (California)
Unranked to No. 28

Cheli's versatility is unparalleled compared to others in her class. She has forward size with guard-like skills and can attack from the wing, get a post-up or play minutes as a lead guard.

She is a very fundamental player who plays for very successful programs in Archbishop Mitty and the Cal Stars. Her skills range from the elevation on her pull-up jumper to creating space to get off her 3-point shot. She is a good passer and rebounds well, which allows her to lead the break right off the glass at times.

She has elements of the Hull twins (Stanford) and Vivian Gray (Texas Tech) in her game. Her recruitment has really taken off this spring and includes schools from every major conference.

G/W Jasmine Davidson
6-foot-1
Clackamas High School (Oregon)
No. 1

Davidson has a savviness and poise to her floor game that is quite unique for such a young player. She is extremely efficient and plays within the flow of the motion offense so well. The ball never sticks when she has it -- she is ready to decide whether she should attack or move the ball. She has shown the ability to pull up all the way out to the 2-point line off the dribble as well as post up.

She also understands the game so well without the ball in her hands, both offensively and defensively. As we continue, she needs to become more comfortable with the ball in her right hand, as well as her left. That said, right now, she lands at the No. 1 spot in the 2025 class heading into the summer, when she'll play with Northwest Select on the Select 40 circuit. She has seen her recruitment on the rise this spring and has offers from every major conference.

Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz latest 2023 rankings do not include Avery Treadwell nor Riley Stack.

Reaction Score

#1 Edwards

#2 Cambridge

#3 Olson

#5 Strong

#6 Parker

#10 Thomas

#11 Prince

#13 McGill

#14 Lee

#17 Jones

#18 Smith

#19 Fiso

#20 Koval

#22 Roberts

#25 Peterson

#27 Ume

#28 Cheli

#31 Smith

#36 Coppinger

#37 Walker

#38 Berry

#46 Grandberry

#50 Tomlinson
IMO, they've got Olson and Edwards reversed. And Cheli is vastly underrated at #28.

Reaction Score

#1 Edwards

#2 Cambridge

#3 Olson

#5 Strong

#6 Parker

#10 Thomas

#11 Prince

#13 McGill

#14 Lee

#17 Jones