May recruiting [only] thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

May recruiting [only] thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regarding Fournier, she also has the benefit of UConn connections through Crestwood and Kia Nurse Elite, which is run by her father. I highly doubt there haven't been inquiries. Richard Nurse has extensive knowledge of the NCAAW landscape and is very good in helping players who are involved with his program when it comes to their recruiting options.

Reaction Score
Since don't see a current, unlocked UConn-specific Transfer Portal thread, posting this here:

Safe to conclude that Geno's roster is set now for next season, aside from Piath Gabriel resolution-- i.e. no additional incoming transfers?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
^^

Mikaylah Williams
Juju Watkins
Joyce Edwards
Breya Cunningham
Madison Booker
Olivia Olson
Jaloni Cambridge
KK Arnold
Blanca Thomas

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The U17 trials are going on. Here's a team photo of all the participants. KK Arnold right behind the coaches right of center. Click to enlarge.

FTzWATvVEAEPs6u

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Are you surprised he didn’t include KK Arnold or maybe she didn’t participate to any degree on day 1.

I haven't heard of her not participating. It's day one though I would caution.

Reaction Score
The guy from Blue Star said Arnold sat out due to a medical issue on day one, then said the same thing happened on day two. No clue as to what the issue is. (See the thread on the UConn main board about the U17 trials for more info).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KK didn't make the cut. Neither did Olivia Olson.

UConn POI that did make it:

Morgan Cheli, Madison Booker, Jaloni Cambridge, Kennedy Umeh, Mackenly Randolph, Mikaylah Williams

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey with another new 2023 follow:

6-1 forward Qadence Samuels out of Bishop McNamara in D.C.

Samuels is ranked #35 at ESPN and was on Shane Laflin's list of risers a few months ago:

W Qadence Samuels
6-foot-1
Bishop McNamara (Md.)

Samuels effortlessly runs the floor. She glides baseline to baseline and is a threat to either sprint for an easy layup at the rim or spot up for the transition triple. Her confidence and effectiveness from deep have really improved over the last year. Her improved shot preparation has helped her in all aspects of her shooting, and she attacks the elbows for pull-up jumpers very well.

Defensively, her frame and length allow her to be a real weapon for her team. Her high school and club (Team Takeover) programs emphasize defense, and she has begun to buy in. As that becomes more of a staple, she can be a lock-down type of defender, and her rebounding will improve as she adds more strength.

Samuels, who averages 13.5 points and 6.9 rebounds, has a competitive edge in between the lines that separates her. As she learns to translate that into day-to-day work, consistency and production, watch her stock continue to rise. She has offers from North Carolina, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Florida State, Alabama, Kansas State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech Miami, Mississippi State and Pitt.

Reaction Score
Sounds like KK wasn't able to play. Too bad for her; hope she's okay.

Olson not make the cut is surprising.
I wonder what shape Olson's game is in as she was wearing a boot recently when she visited Vandy. I noticed she seemed to have it off a few days later but have no idea how long she wore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom