May recruiting [only] thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

May recruiting [only] thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Some of us really like Jadyn Donovan, Kiki Rice’s teammate, who has jumped from #10 to #3. She’s a taller Jewell Loyd. Geno, give her a call!
Does Donovan really have the perimeter game of a Jewell Loyd? A ton of athleticism but I thinking Mir Mcclean not Jewell.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does Donovan really have the perimeter game of a Jewell Loyd? A ton of athleticism but I thinking Mir Mcclean not Jewell.

Jewell didn't have the outside shot in high school or at N.D. that she does now. Jadyn reminds me of Mir, but a little taller and a better ball handler. Let's see what she does next year without Kiki. How about a comparison to a taller Kalana Greene?

Reaction Score
Some of us really like Jadyn Donovan, Kiki Rice’s teammate, who has jumped from #10 to #3. She’s a taller Jewell Loyd. Geno, give her a call!
Couldn't agree more. She's extremely athletic and quick. She has potential to be one of the best defenders in WCBB. Her running game parallels what CW gave us only with more speed. She's extremely gifted.

Reaction Score
Jadyn Donovan doesn't have a great perimeter game yet but she was playing on the same team as Kiki Rice also, and on maybe the best high school team in the country. It's not like she was given ample opportuntity to throw up 20-25 shots a game like a lot of these players. She has incredible potential. Let's help her become everything she has the potential to be. She's one of my favorite prospects and has been for months.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Jewell didn't have the outside shot in high school or at N.D. that she does now. Jadyn reminds me of Mir, but a little taller and a better ball handler. Let's see what she does next year without Kiki. How about a comparison to a taller Kalana Greene?

Couldn't agree more. She's extremely athletic and quick. She has potential to be one of the best defenders in WCBB. Her running game parallels what CW gave us only with more speed. She's extremely gifted.

When I see Ms. Donovan I think a bit of Alysha Clark: absolutely fabulous defender who can handle herself very well inside. If I recall Clark's early pro life, she had to develop her shot incrementally outside. There's one other thing about Donovan I like: she has long arms and she uses them to rebound and disrupt passing lanes.

Just to add "outside UConn" intel, ND is making strong pushes for Donovan and Dudley (they've both been out to ND). I think Niele envisions Dudley working as a complement to Sonia Citron, who is 6'1" and Emma Risch, who may be up to 6'3" at this point. BTW, Coco, Risch's stroke is the closest I've seen to Alicia Ratay in a long, long time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
CONCORD — Sanford (N.C.) Grace Christian sophomore post player Sarah Strong has a little different meaning when she puts on her traveling team jersey.

“I just go out and play,” Strong said. “I want to work on my conditioning, jump higher and run faster. I want to improve my shooting and ballhandling.”

After her prep season ended, she closely watched the NCAA Women’s Tournament, and the nail-biting games NC State had to top Notre Dame, but then to fall to UConn in two overtimes in essentially a road game in the Elite Eight. The recruiting relationship with the Wolfpack continues to go well.

“It was fun because I just love watching basketball,” Strong said. “Those were two good teams. NC State has a good team, but so do Connecticut and Notre Dame.

“NC State did a good job but Paige [Bueckers of UConn] did good over the last two overtimes.”

Strong also watched South Carolina top UConn in the national title game on TV. The Huskies and Fighting Irish had assistant coaches tracking Strong on Sunday, but the Gamecocks have yet to offer.

Reaction Score
CONCORD — Sanford (N.C.) Grace Christian sophomore post player Sarah Strong has a little different meaning when she puts on her traveling team jersey.

“I just go out and play,” Strong said. “I want to work on my conditioning, jump higher and run faster. I want to improve my shooting and ballhandling.”

After her prep season ended, she closely watched the NCAA Women’s Tournament, and the nail-biting games NC State had to top Notre Dame, but then to fall to UConn in two overtimes in essentially a road game in the Elite Eight. The recruiting relationship with the Wolfpack continues to go well.

“It was fun because I just love watching basketball,” Strong said. “Those were two good teams. NC State has a good team, but so do Connecticut and Notre Dame.

“NC State did a good job but Paige [Bueckers of UConn] did good over the last two overtimes.”

Strong also watched South Carolina top UConn in the national title game on TV. The Huskies and Fighting Irish had assistant coaches tracking Strong on Sunday, but the Gamecocks have yet to offer.

I am surprised SC has not offered yet. Her mom, Allison Feaster, is from Chester, SC and I am sure she still has a lot of family in that area.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Posters - stop taking potshots at others. Im moderating this thread, not you. Continued denigration and condescending/sarcastic comments will get you a time out, maybe until the season starts. I’ve had enough
It'd be nice to just have a recruiting thread have only recruiting info but that is probably asking too much.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It'd be nice to just have a recruiting thread have only recruiting info but that is probably asking too much.
Drumguy, what exactly do you consider only recruiting info. It would be a short thread if there were posts like UCONN interested in player x. Coach MV following player y. I want, I need info on many of the players out there, I enjoy a good discussion on why or if a player is a good fit for our team. Who knows a player not considered UCONN material today may look like the second coming tomorrow.
I have written a few times that this thread is the most important and best recruiting info I can find anywhere. Are there a few of us that go off on tangents at times, most defiantly. I look for a diversified field of opinions on players from the BY family. We have many knowledgeable past coaches, players and BB junkies who thankfully add to this thread, I don't want to throttle them or their ideas. Nor do I want excessive bickering or written bloodshed. Like you I want good recruiting info, if you have an idea on what or how you want your info I'm all ears, if you have an idea on how or what way to discuss recruits that's better, let-r-rip. I'm all for better, I think we all are.
That being said I very much want one more recruit for 2023, who's your top pick? Plus my #1 after the 2023 is Olivia Olson.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Drumguy, what exactly do you consider only recruiting info. It would be a short thread if there were posts like UCONN interested in player x. Coach MV following player y. I want, I need info on many of the players out there, I enjoy a good discussion on why or if a player is a good fit for our team. Who knows a player not considered UCONN material today may look like the second coming tomorrow.
I have written a few times that this thread is the most important and best recruiting info I can find anywhere. Are there a few of us that go off on tangents at times, most defiantly. I look for a diversified field of opinions on players from the BY family. We have many knowledgeable past coaches, players and BB junkies who thankfully add to this thread, I don't want to throttle them or their ideas

Well stated.
I was a little surprised to see some of the recent comments here, but I'll leave that to HuskyNan.

Like you, I come to this thread and the one in the General Basketball area to learn about prospects. And since competition exists outside of the courts as well, I like to find out what teams are also interested in certain prospects. That tells me something about the prospects and the teams involved (in fact, more so than most rating service ranks). From time to time (well, actually pretty often), UConn and Notre Dame have interest in the same player. I've got no problem sharing that interest on this board because, well, I'd think posters would like to know that information.
Find the same over on the "other" board. I'll try to keep it short and to the point.

Luckily, I find there are several posters who like to do the same. Some of my best "conversations" here are in-depth talks with other recruitniks.

Keep the faith. ;)

Reaction Score
I am surprised SC has not offered yet. Her mom, Allison Feaster, is from Chester, SC and I am sure she still has a lot of family in that area.
My impression is that it's a mater of "why offer a no chance prospect and confuse other bigs that we want." If Strong stays in the Carolinas, it's gonna be NC State where her dad played and is a strong and active Wolfpack supporter.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I have written a few times that this thread is the most important and best recruiting info I can find anywhere. Are there a few of us that go off on tangents at times, most defiantly. I look for a diversified field of opinions on players from the BY family. We have many knowledgeable past coaches, players and BB junkies who thankfully add to this thread, I don't want to throttle them or their ideas. Nor do I want excessive bickering or written bloodshed. Like you I want good recruiting info, if you have an idea on what or how you want your info I'm all ears, if you have an idea on how or what way to discuss recruits that's better, let-r-rip. I'm all for better, I think we all are.
That being said I very much want one more recruit for 2023, who's your top pick? Plus my #1 after the 2023 is Olivia Olson.
I'm generally a lurker in the recruiting thread, I know nothing so it's where I get my info on potentials. I agree, we can stretch and look at the recruiting tangents, It's just the tendency to start sniping and then go off on tangents that end up in pizza discussions that are annoying, as we actually have at least 2 pizza threads along with beer, scotch, various music themes and travel.

Iirc this is the 3rd time this thread had to be restarted this month and Nan had to Mom the thread up above again to try to stop the sniping.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adjusted 2024 ESPN rankings, UConn POI:

#1 Edwards

#2 Cambridge

#3 Olson

#5 Strong

#6 Parker

#10 Thomas

#11 Prince

#13 McGill

#14 Lee

#17 Jones

#18 Smith

#19 Fiso

#20 Koval

#22 Roberts

#25 Peterson

#27 Ume

#28 Cheli

#31 Smith

#36 Coppinger

#37 Walker

#38 Berry

#46 Grandberry

#50 Tomlinson
I don't see Toby Fournier listed as a UConn POI on this 2024 list. From those highlights, her length, athleticism, & elevation are enticing. Hoping she is playing recruiting close-to-vest like Cassandre Prosper & that UConn is paying attention.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't see Toby Fournier listed as a UConn POI on this 2024 list. From those highlights, her length, athleticism, & elevation are enticing. Hoping she is playing recruiting close-to-vest like Cassandre Prosper & that UConn is paying attention.

Haven't seen confirmation there is interest. Doesn't mean they don't have any, just not publicly confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom