May recruiting [only] thread | The Boneyard

May recruiting [only] thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Pretty much confirmed that UConn's late interest in a couple of '23's meant their other targets had told them they were going elsewhere. Doesn't bode well for Madison Booker either.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey with a new follow, 2026 guard Kate Harpring, a 5-8 shooting guard from Georgia and daughter of former NBA'er Matt Harping.

More on Harpring in the following posts.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Pretty much confirmed that UConn's late interest in a couple of '23's meant their other targets had told them they were going elsewhere. Doesn't bode well for Madison Booker either.
Besides Treadwell which 2023 is getting late UCONN interest.

Reaction Score

Ducharme was sort of a late commit and I read comments suggesting that UConn waited for another recruit (my guess a frontliner) and when that didn't happen it was fortunate Ducharme had waited. So the stars really had to be aligned for her to end up in Storrs.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ducharme was sort of a late commit and I read comments suggesting that UConn waited for another recruit (my guess a frontliner) and when that didn't happen it was fortunate Ducharme had waited. So the stars really had to be aligned for her to end up in Storrs.
She wasn't a late commit (April) and the rest of your post is not accurate.

Reaction Score

And again this has nothing to do with recruiting

Reaction Score
She wasn't a late commit (April) and the rest of your post is not accurate.

And again this has nothing to do with recruiting

I guess I was wrong about her committment. Maybe I should have said UConn's offer was late compared to other UConn 2020's. I definitely remember her talking about the offer being delayed for some reason.

And I'll let the topic die here.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@Fossil asked some good questions as the last post in the old May Recruiting thread;

The Post:
OK. Is UConn going to stay pat with two recruits for next year and two the season after because it appears that everyone wants to stay home on the West Coast or in the SEC or even throw in a monkey wrench and go from PA to North Carolina won’t mention her name. So who are real possibilities for Connecticut seems like all the big names are staying home or avoiding Connecticut. Do we still have offers that may be real as to someone UConn can actually sign?

My answer;
I would be shocked if UCONN ends up with only 2 players in the 2023 HS class. @Sluconn Husky has pointed out at least two new players in the class that appear to be getting "late" UCONN interest in Avery Treadwell & Laila Hull. The only known outstanding UCONN offer in this class is for Booker although it would be safe to assume that Mikaylah Willimas has a UCONN offer unless... she has indicated that UCONN is not a possibility. Plenty of good players still out there. I have no idea where UCONN interest lies but my priority would be in this order Kitts, Prosper, Delaney Thomas as a SF/Wing. Riley Stack or Olivia Anderson as a PF and Del Rosario as a true post.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

War in Ukraine hits home for LI high school basketball star Kate Koval

Koval came to the United States with an eye on a career as a professional basketball player. Back home, she was a member of the Ukrainian under-16 and under-18 national teams but decided the opportunities to play and learn the game were better in the United States.

“They have better academics here,” Koval said. “My goal is to move on to college and to the WNBA or to play professionally in Europe.”

Koval has adapted to the speed of the game and the physicality of play in the U.S. She has improved her conditioning and started a weightlifting regimen.

She was selected for Newsday’s All-Long Island first team after averaging 19.6 points, 12.6 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per game, including 25 points and 22 rebounds in an 86-51 victory over Staten Island Academy.

“She is a unique player and one of the greatest kids we’ve had the pleasure of spending time with,” Raiti said. “She’s an A-plus student, and the sky's the limit with her basketball skill set. She can pick any college across the country — as all the big ones have expressed interest.”

While the letters and emails pour in from prospective colleges, Koval is interested in only one form of communication— the one from her dad — from her homeland.

“I wait for his contact all the time and it’s comforting to hear his voice,” she said. “Those are good days.”

Reaction Score
@Fossil asked some good questions as the last post in the old May Recruiting thread;

The Post:
OK. Is UConn going to stay pat with two recruits for next year and two the season after because it appears that everyone wants to stay home on the West Coast or in the SEC or even throw in a monkey wrench and go from PA to North Carolina won’t mention her name. So who are real possibilities for Connecticut seems like all the big names are staying home or avoiding Connecticut. Do we still have offers that may be real as to someone UConn can actually sign?

My answer;
I would be shocked if UCONN ends up with only 2 players in the 2023 HS class. @Sluconn Husky has pointed out at least two new players in the class that appear to be getting "late" UCONN interest in Avery Treadwell & Laila Hull. The only known outstanding UCONN offer in this class is for Booker although it would be safe to assume that Mikaylah Willimas has a UCONN offer unless... she has indicated that UCONN is not a possibility. Plenty of good players still out there. I have no idea where UCONN interest lies but my priority would be in this order Kitts, Prosper, Delaney Thomas as a SF/Wing. Riley Stack or Olivia Anderson as a PF and Del Rosario as a true post.
Thank you Coco

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This getting to know video on Prosper is old but new to the BY I think
Prosper has WNBA and Olympic aspiration and a brother playing at Clemson. I think she would do well at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Chris Dailey with a new follow, 2026 guard Kate Harpring, a 5-8 shooting guard from Georgia and daughter of former NBA'er Matt Harping.

More on Harpring in the following posts.
if I remember correctly her dad had a really nice jump shot........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
More really really good Prosper stuff here. I'm really really starting to get excited about the possibility of her coming to UCONN. Featured throughout the video is the defensive side of the ball and nobody loves defense more than me. She is an excellent perimeter defender. Most noteworthy is the poise. At the 2:00 minute mark of the video she starts a very articulate on camera interview. At the 2:20 mark of the video a basketball comes near her face- she just causally catches the ball flicks it back onto the court without even blinking, hesitating or breaking eye contact with the interviewer. This was a Kia Nurse day 1 at UCONN kind of poise. Speaking of Kia we need to get her involved in this recruitment if she is not already.

Reaction Score
More really really good Prosper stuff here. I'm really really starting to get excited about the possibility of her coming to UCONN. Featured throughout the video is the defensive side of the ball and nobody loves defense more than me. She is an excellent perimeter defender. Most noteworthy is the poise. At the 2:00 minute mark of the video she starts a very articulate on camera interview. At the 2:20 mark of the video a basketball comes near her face- she just causally catches the ball flicks it back onto the court without even blinking, hesitating or breaking eye contact with the interviewer. This was a Kia Nurse day 1 at UCONN kind of poise. Speaking of Kia we need to get her involved in this recruitment if she is not already.

I'm all in on Cassandre. This is a Griffin level athlete and defender who can really shoot. And the intangibles appear to be impeccable. I think she could "live long and Prosper" at UConn.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score

Coco I'm all in, looks like a great find. This young lady could be the slasher I love and the defender the Huskies need. I'm excited again!

Reaction Score
It has been reported on a Louisville board that Prosper is playing here in Louisville this weekend and may visit the campus.

Reaction Score
She strikes me as more like Ducharme than Griffin, but with longer arms and a bit more speed. She may not have quite shooting range of Caroline, but she's got the same toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom