May recruiting [only] thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

May recruiting [only] thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
BallOutmedia reported a few months ago that UConn was recruiting Prosper. Prosper herself offers up no clues.

Morgan Valley is now following the CEO of Prosper's AAU team (BecomeOne).

Louisville is also recruiting Prosper and might be the leader for Kitts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jamelle and CD are at the AAU event in Atlantic City.
Go get em

1653148851113.png

Reaction Score
BallOutmedia reported a few months ago that UConn was recruiting Prosper. Prosper herself offers up no clues.

Morgan Valley is now following the CEO of Prosper's AAU team (BecomeOne).

Louisville is also recruiting Prosper and might be the leader for Kitts.
Expect that to continue. Kind of refreshing on one hand. Keeps everyone guessing and you aren't seeing posts that may not be entirely true just for clout.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That weird quirk where Blue Star had Ashlynn Shade ranked 53rd for the longest time has finally been corrected. They moved her up to....19th. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That weird quirk where Blue Star had Ashlynn Shade ranked 53rd for the longest time has finally been corrected. They moved her up to....19th. :rolleyes:
wow......18 players that are better than Shade.........I guess Geno better reconsider her recruitment......;)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
So I guess Azzi and Paige are now doing recruiting. Seems strange to me somehow, but I like it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It was the offer that was delayed for a while, not the commitment. And delayed only that it came after others were offered.
The time frame was summer of 2019 and the late offer to Caroline may have been due to the fact that there was a very talented U16 team of players at FIBA Americas for USA basketball being evaluated by UCONN. I believe every player on that team was a UCONN player of interest at one point or another except maybe Lyndon Jones. Azzi was injured and not a part of the team. Caroline was not eligible for the team. At the Big Guard/ Wing (Caroline's position and in also in Caroline class) there was Saylor, Sonia Citron, & Payton Verhulst. Kiki Rice, Olivia Miles, and KK Bransford were also on that squad but the UCONN priority was clearly Azzi. Lauren Betts was also on that squad along with Amari.

Reaction Score
and Mikaylah WIlliams, consensus #1, appears as 20th, well she was previously unranked ...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong 2024 Lady Strong/Strong Center 2024
This post player is far from your traditional power forward. She can put the ball on the court and beat players off the dribble. Her footwork is solid, and she has a quick reaction, often catching defenders unprepared and unable to stop her. She is strong and once she was positioned; she controlled that space. She is not only an inside threat but a threat from deep as well. She knocked down long range shots with ease.

Reaction Score
@Fossil asked some good questions as the last post in the old May Recruiting thread;

The Post:
OK. Is UConn going to stay pat with two recruits for next year and two the season after because it appears that everyone wants to stay home on the West Coast or in the SEC or even throw in a monkey wrench and go from PA to North Carolina won’t mention her name. So who are real possibilities for Connecticut seems like all the big names are staying home or avoiding Connecticut. Do we still have offers that may be real as to someone UConn can actually sign?

My answer;
I would be shocked if UCONN ends up with only 2 players in the 2023 HS class. @Sluconn Husky has pointed out at least two new players in the class that appear to be getting "late" UCONN interest in Avery Treadwell & Laila Hull. The only known outstanding UCONN offer in this class is for Booker although it would be safe to assume that Mikaylah Willimas has a UCONN offer unless... she has indicated that UCONN is not a possibility. Plenty of good players still out there. I have no idea where UCONN interest lies but my priority would be in this order Kitts, Prosper, Delaney Thomas as a SF/Wing. Riley Stack or Olivia Anderson as a PF and Del Rosario as a true post.
I would love it if they could get Riley Stack. A lot of upside. I think she is better than Betts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom