May recruiting [only] thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May recruiting [only] thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This getting to know video on Prosper is old but new to the BY I think
Prosper has WNBA and Olympic aspiration and a brother playing at Clemson. I think she would do well at UCONN.

FWIW, ND "trackologists" have noted that ND coaches have spent time over the last year in the province of Ontario. Pretty certain Niele took a visit to see Prosper. Toby Fournier, Class of '24, also comes up in Irish discussions. And if Prosper is playing in Louisville, ND is most certainly sending coaches there. The Irish don't recruit outside of the U.S. much, but when they do it counts and she's from Ontario: Natalie Achonwa is from the suburbs of Toronto.

Reaction Score
You all know that recent events have caused me to shy away from investing my heart and soul into my dreams of recruits. I will however agree that Prosper looks like a “get”

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Besides KK Arnold, the following UConn POI will try out for the U17 American team in about a week:

Mikaylah Williams, Jaloni Cambridge, Morgan Cheli, Olivia Olson, Joyce Edwards, Jordan Lee, Taliyah Parker, MacKenly Randolph, Kennedy Smith, Blanca Thomas, Kennedy Umeh, and Tajianna Avant-Roberts

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
More really really good Prosper stuff here. I'm really really starting to get excited about the possibility of her coming to UCONN. Featured throughout the video is the defensive side of the ball and nobody loves defense more than me. She is an excellent perimeter defender. Most noteworthy is the poise. At the 2:00 minute mark of the video she starts a very articulate on camera interview. At the 2:20 mark of the video a basketball comes near her face- she just causally catches the ball flicks it back onto the court without even blinking, hesitating or breaking eye contact with the interviewer. This was a Kia Nurse day 1 at UCONN kind of poise. Speaking of Kia we need to get her involved in this recruitment if she is not already.

I hope that Aaliyah is having Cassandre and her family over for a barbecue this week!

She reminds me of a former Husky who made the journey from McKeesport to the Springfield HOF, Dr. Swin Cash.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Besides KK Arnold, the following UConn POI will try out for the U17 American team in about a week:
Mikaylah Williams, Jaloni Cambridge, Morgan Cheli, Olivia Olson, Joyce Edwards, Jordan Lee, Taliyah Parker, MacKenly Randolph, Kennedy Smith, Blanca Thomas, Kennedy Umeh, and Tajianna Avant-Roberts
Thanks Slu I was really asking about the U18 list the one Ice Brady though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When Sahara Williams verbaled to OU this week, one local paper mentioned some schools she picked the Sooners over: Iowa, Iowa State, and Southern Cal.

There's a conspicuous by absence thing going on there.

Reaction Score
FWIW, ND "trackologists" have noted that ND coaches have spent time over the last year in the province of Ontario. Pretty certain Niele took a visit to see Prosper. Toby Fournier, Class of '24, also comes up in Irish discussions. And if Prosper is playing in Louisville, ND is most certainly sending coaches there. The Irish don't recruit outside of the U.S. much, but when they do it counts and she's from Ontario: Natalie Achonwa is from the suburbs of Toronto.
Correction, Prosper is from Quebec but is playing for a prep program in Ontario, called Capital Courts. One of their former players, Merissah Russell is at Louisville.

Prosper has also had the pleasure of training with Achonwa at various Canada Basketball development sessions. I believe she even got a shooting session in with Jewell Lloyd a while back.

Looking forward to seeing her team play this weekend as she's not with the Kia Nurse EYBL program. The BecomeOne program have several interesting 2023 prospects, including one who has committed to Maryland (Summer Bostock). Believe Todd is joining up with them too as a reclassified 2023. Will also be watching to see how she fares as I don't really know how much she has improved while at IMG this year.

Reaction Score
OU? OMG! SMDH! WTH? WWST?
What's wrong with Oklahoma? While it's only been one year for the Oklahoma head coach, they improved and got into the tournament as well.

Based on the schools referenced, she may have a better chance at playing time in comparison to Iowa and Iowa State. If memory is correct, Iowa State's 2023 is pretty good.

Reaction Score
What's wrong with Oklahoma? While it's only been one year for the Oklahoma head coach, they improved and got into the tournament as well.

Based on the schools referenced, she may have a better chance at playing time in comparison to Iowa and Iowa State. If memory is correct, Iowa State's 2023 is pretty good.
OU is OK for QBs is all. They must have her major.

Reaction Score
Uconn, LSU and Texas noted as 3 teams recruiting Mikaylah Williams. Maybe it means nothing but someone had to note the 3 teams for it to be in the report.

Add Ole Miss , Tenn , SC , LV and Duke . Overall i think it comes down the LSU , TX and Tenn

Reaction Score
I’ve seen a lot of talk of Prosper in this thread but is there anything that links up to her? Are we actively recruiting her?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I count around 9-10 UConn POI not in PN's watchlist, maybe most notably Morgan Cheli.

Reaction Score
I'm aware Ms. Prosper is from Quebec because, well, you told me. :D
However, given that she plays for Capital Courts (once again, you've communicated with me. This is all on file at McGraw's Bench. I listen.), I just figured for the case of recruiting, she's mainly in Ontario, which is why Coach Ivey flies to that province! A number of times. Stay tuned.
Fair, however others in the thread may not be aware. Gotta make sure Quebec gets it's fair due with respect to acknowledgement of Canadian talent. ;)

Also, she's not with Kia Nurse Elite this year as you referenced their EYBL squad in the Non-Uconn thread. She'll be in Louisville with BecomeOne's AAU program this weekend I believe.

Toby Fournier is still with the Kia Nurse EYBL team this year however. The EYBL squad is playing in Dallas this weekend.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen a lot of talk of Prosper in this thread but is there anything that links up to her? Are we actively recruiting her?
There's been some chatter in Canada that UConn has expressed interest, but nothing that I can say is concrete. Personally, if they weren't I'd be surprised.

She's not on social media so you have to rely on what has been posted through Capital Courts' social media channels.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Fair, however others in the thread may not be aware. Gotta make sure Quebec gets it's fair due with respect to acknowledgement of Canadian talent. ;)

Also, she's not with Kia Nurse Elite this year as you referenced their EYBL squad in the Non-Uconn thread. She'll be in Louisville with BecomeOne's AAU program this weekend I believe.

Toby Fournier is still with the Kia Nurse EYBL team this year however. The EYBL squad is playing in Dallas this weekend.

Thanks again for the input. Get to see both Fournier and Prosper, then...

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Thanks, Slu.
I've got to watch Mary Ashley Groot in action. My wife taught for a decade at one of Manhattan's private schools and the fact that Groot plays for The Dalton School is wild. Also interested to see how sharpshooter Allie Ziebell does.

Reaction Score
It's interesting that California had 9 payers invited to U18 camp. I don't think New York had more than 3. The center of the basketball universe seems to have tilted west. In earlier years, the greater NYC area was the hotbed of basketball wasn't it?

Reaction Score
Is UCONN not recruiting Chloe Kitts 6'3" from Florida c/o 2023? Seems like the best front court player left with Toomey off the board and Cunningham having eliminated UConn. Does it seem Geno prefers Prosper or will wait for the class of 2024 for more backcourt players?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is UCONN not recruiting Chloe Kitts 6'3" from Florida c/o 2023? Seems like the best front court player left with Toomey off the board and Cunningham having eliminated UConn. Does it seem Geno prefers Prosper or will wait for the class of 2024 for more backcourt players?
It is unknown if UCONN is recruiting Kitts. UCONN has Offered Booker a similar player to Kitts and Prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom