Maryland now is a "powerhouse" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland now is a "powerhouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Preview of the final minutes of the upcoming game.....

439x.jpg

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
And to think, I could have coached this many powerhouses....
images

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
So does making it to the Elite 8 and getting blown out make you a powerhouse? WCBB is in a sad, sad state of affairs if that is the case...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice pics in this thread!

What's the over/under on margin of victory? 20-25?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

I don't like being overconfident, but Maryland got shellacked by Notre Dame on a neutral court, and I have every expectation that UConn will be better than ND last year. Add to that the fact the game will be in CT, and it's hard for me to picture it being close. ACC teams do not have a recent history of enjoying their sojourns in the Nutmeg State.

JS

Reaction Score
"Well, you can't argue with
four straight ACC titles and
NCAA semifinal berths ...
Oh, wait, you're not talking
about lacrosse?"
l45248-1.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Well, you can't argue with
four straight ACC titles and
NCAA semifinal berths ...
Oh, wait, you're not talking
about lacrosse?"
l45248-1.jpg
Are you being LAX?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
On the men's side, they have some of the whiney-est fans. Not sure if their WCBB fans are the same ...
Can't judge a fan base by a few members - but -

when RU returned the Jimmy V game of a few years ago (we had beaten them at our house, the year Brenda was pregnant), a group of their fans sat in the courside media seats next to our bench holding up signs about revenge and saying some really vile things, slurs on our player's names, etc. They were "chased" at game time to their real seats. Sadly, Maryland actually played defense and they beat us.

Reaction Score

I think thats the conservative margin of victory point spread! It all depends on how much of a beat down Geno will allow.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Can't judge a fan base by a few members - but -

when RU returned the Jimmy V game of a few years ago (we had beaten them at our house, the year Brenda was pregnant), a group of their fans sat in the courside media seats next to our bench holding up signs about revenge and saying some really vile things, slurs on our player's names, etc. They were "chased" at game time to their real seats. Sadly, Maryland actually played defense and they beat us.
Maryland students have been called out for their lack of class before:

Maryland AD urges fans to improve behavior (2011)
University of Maryland sports fans urged to clean up behavior (2004)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Some haven't believed me when I described the behavior I saw from MD fans first hand as I sat behind their bench at Penn State. Vulgar doesn't begin to describe it.

Reaction Score
Some haven't believed me when I described the behavior I saw from MD fans first hand as I sat behind their bench at Penn State. Vulgar doesn't begin to describe it.

Oh, they can be really vile. It's mostly students, too, though I suppose they deserve a point or two for sheer loyalty; sometimes they show up to volleyball games.

Reaction Score
"On Monday, Dec. 3, the Terps will head north to take part in the Jimmy V Classic when they take on Connecticut. It will mark the first meeting between the two powerhouses. Game time will be announced at a later date."

LINK
come on, you have to consider the source - its a press release from maryland! pathetic to say powerhouse for sure when compared to Uconn and some others. basically i agree with all the comments on this one, funny pictures also. maryland has better (more athletic) players coming into the program now and next years look really good, most play defense too! now i know you'll say brenda will wreck that or something but better showings are on the way for maryland. we will get killed by Uconn this year and probably next year also - i would not have scheduled the games. but do you give maryland any credit for giving it the ole college try? hate us if you want but we hate duke. we all have our punching bags.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
FIRST FOUR MINUTES after we start like we did against Duke two years ago.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
come on, you have to consider the source - its a press release from maryland! pathetic to say powerhouse for sure when compared to Uconn and some others. basically i agree with all the comments on this one, funny pictures also. maryland has better (more athletic) players coming into the program now and next years look really good, most play defense too! now i know you'll say brenda will wreck that or something but better showings are on the way for maryland. we will get killed by Uconn this year and probably next year also - i would not have scheduled the games. but do you give maryland any credit for giving it the ole college try? hate us if you want but we hate duke. we all have our punching bags.

This isn't true hate. I have much more animosity towards Notre Dame. If Maryland turned this into a true rivalry I would love it, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maryland hasn't done itself any favor by having a relatively weak schedule to get ready for UConn. Nebraska is the only quality team prior to playing UConn and who knows how strong they will actually be. It will be interesting to take a look at UConn's schedule to see if its any stronger before they play each other.
They play December 3 - about a month or so into the season - both teams should be about 7-0 or so depending on how many games they have played. ESPN - "Two undefeated powerhouses face off..." blah blah. It will be interesting to see how the game is advertised. Still, give Brenda credit for stepping up to play UCONN. I still think we destroy them, and look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom