Maryland now is a "powerhouse" | The Boneyard

Maryland now is a "powerhouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"On Monday, Dec. 3, the Terps will head north to take part in the Jimmy V Classic when they take on Connecticut. It will mark the first meeting between the two powerhouses. Game time will be announced at a later date."

LINK

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
According to some people on my "teams with something to prove thread", they didn't have anything to prove this season. If they want to be referred to credibly as a powerhouse, they sure do.

U

UCONNfan1

According to some people on my "teams with something to prove thread", they didn't have anything to prove this season. If they want to be referred to credibly as a powerhouse, they sure do.
True, but they have won a NC and have been a really good team more often than not the past 6-7 years. Believe me, I can't wait to put a beatdown of gargantuan proportions on them this year, but I won't begrudge them the "powerhouse" monniker. On the men's side, they have some of the whiney-est fans. Not sure if their WCBB fans are the same but I've circled the UCONN-MD game on my calender as "must see TV"... I'll be enjoying popcorn for the bloodbath...

Reaction Score
What a joke.

images

We ARE a powerhouse! And! Don't! You! For! Get! It!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Brenda after learning the Terps are officially a powerhouse:

sp-terpsw_15_1332207841.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn Associate Head Coach Chris Dailey chokes upon hearing Maryland is a "powerhouse", forcing Assistant Coach Marissa Moseley to apply the Heimlich maneuver.

53075032.jpg

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Maryland hasn't done itself any favor by having a relatively weak schedule to get ready for UConn. Nebraska is the only quality team prior to playing UConn and who knows how strong they will actually be. It will be interesting to take a look at UConn's schedule to see if its any stronger before they play each other.

Reaction Score
Maryland hasn't done itself any favor by having a relatively weak schedule to get ready for UConn. Nebraska is the only quality team prior to playing UConn and who knows how strong they will actually be. It will be interesting to take a look at UConn's schedule to see if its any stronger before they play each other.

One thing you can count on, UMD will not play any defense

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't worry, the article on Dec. 2 will have this correction...

reality+warning+sign.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog