OT: - MAL update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: MAL update

Reaction Score
She pretended she was sick of basketball and wanted to play volleyball in school in order to get her release and then went on the immediately play basketball at Delaware and become a First Team All-America. I liken that to Diallo working out with our players for years and then suddenly deciding we wanted to play for the Anti-Christ.
She took a full year off. She did what she had to do for herself. Its over.

Reaction Score
Diallo was swayed. Our coaches didn't screw themselves. The stories of Diallo joining the team for the spring were too real--too much smoke, and it was plausible. Calipari rushed in when he heard that, and swayed him. Happens to the best recruiters out there. I certainly hope that wasn't held against Glen Miller, because if it was, it's amateurish. I've seen the same thing happen repeatedly, where a recruit tells people he is 99% committed, and the recruiter is left totally surprised at the last minute.

We played like cr#p all year. That was probably the biggest influence in changing his mind. So the coaches had a huge affect.

Reaction Score
We played like cr#p all year. That was probably the biggest influence in changing his mind. So the coaches had a huge affect.

I find it hard to believe that any non-point guard recruit watching us the last few years can say, "Yes, that's the type of basketball I want to play." We have played really awful offensive basketball. So if you are an off-guard or worse yet a big man, why in God's name would you want to come here to be a designated screener or garbage man around the hoop? I thought it would change a bit last year and it didn't and this year was a bit of a wash, but I yearn for the day when we can have three guys on the court who can actually handle, shoot, and/or pass at a positive level. We have not had that since 14. Last year our only real triple threat guy was Hamilton and he was a poor shooter and did not have a great handle. We know Purv's limitations and Gibbs was too slow to create his own shot. Jalen was the only guy who was a true triple threat this year but he's still a mediocre shooter at this point. I totally understand why Diallo did not want to come here and with three combo guards returning, I see MAL not wanting to be a part of it either.

Reaction Score
Im probably the only one who holds this opinion or is willing to state it publicly. She screwed the program and caused us a title. An absolutely huge amount of time,resources, and effort was completely wasted on that EDD knucklehead.

Just want to take a second and acknowledge your bravery in being willing to publicly state this. Borderline heroic.

Reaction Score
MAL goes to PC will guys from his aau program follow like AJ Reeves and David Duke? Top two guards in new england 2018

Reaction Score
Hope he announces PC soon, kind of sick of this thread now. I appreciated the info early on but now I'm thinking he's not our guy, kind of could care less.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why, exactly?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I go to Delaware, albeit she graduated before I came here, but you can't really say a bad word about EDD, she was homesick and was caring for her sister, Id hope no one was bad mouthing her up in Storrs.
Mmm, missing her sister is more accurate than caring for her sister. It's not like her mom and dad ignore her sister unless EDD is there.

I agree though that EDD was homesick and she has a special relationship with her sister.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Save me! I released the wrath of the blue hairs when I criticized EDD! I am a fan of the UConn Women but that board is like another world. Posters are way to civilized and complementary of opponents and congratulatory in defeat. My attitude towards opponents and kids that choose other schools is, Flock Them!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The fact that he backed out of his signed LOI in April killing our chances with the numerous other top 100's we were in on makes me seriously "dislike" him. Save the good wishes. He's also one extremely ugly dude.
IDGAF about this kid. Unless we play him. Then I want us to win.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
BS.

EDD is someone whom I dislike and will never ever root for.

Im probably the only one who holds this opinion or is willing to state it publicly. She screwed the program and caused us a title. An absolutely huge amount of time,resources, and effort was completely wasted on that EDD knucklehead.
Props to you for concocting this absolute crock of excrement.

LoveMeSomeUC

"My point being" James A. Calhoun
Reaction Score
She pretended she was sick of basketball and wanted to play volleyball in school in order to get her release and then went on the immediately play basketball at Delaware and become a First Team All-America. I liken that to Diallo working out with our players for years and then suddenly deciding we wanted to play for the Anti-Christ.
I consider myself the biggest UConn fan...no way would I be sending my kid to UConn over Kentucky. It would be bad parenting!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall pulls a scholarship that a former head coach who shall not be named offered a kid and the internet goes crazy. A kid backs out of a scholarship and gets a big "good for you!" Sometimes I don't understand where people get their values from.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall pulls a scholarship that a former head coach who shall not be named offered a kid and the internet goes crazy. A kid backs out of a scholarship and gets a big "good for you!" Sometimes I don't understand where people get their values from.
I'm not saying the scholarship pull was the worst thing to ever happen or an isolated incident but if you can't tell the difference between a man who's made millions pulling an 18 year old's scholarship and a 18 year old getting cold feet or having a change of heart and backing out of a commitment I don't think there is much that will change your mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom