OT: - MAL update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: MAL update

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Since 2013, Providence has put the same number of guards in the NBA as us. :eek:

Reaction Score
I couldn't care less one way or another about that tiny secular school to our east whose fans believe we are peers.

I do however believe starting a thread like this is like leaving food on the ground at a picnic. It will attract too many unwanted pests

Why do you point out that Providence is a secular school? How does that figure into any equation?

UConn was a minority as a "non secular" school in the OBE. Was that a problem?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Most don't have hard feelings about Delle Donne. It was an unfortunate situation for everyone but she had the worst of it. She quit basketball for 3 months, was going to try to pick up volleyball. Most women's fans are happy she got back on the court at all, even though she wasn't at UConn. And while it would have been great if she played 4 healthy, happy years at UConn, it's not like UConn sucked those years.
She pretended she was sick of basketball and wanted to play volleyball in school in order to get her release and then went on the immediately play basketball at Delaware and become a First Team All-America. I liken that to Diallo working out with our players for years and then suddenly deciding we wanted to play for the Anti-Christ.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Most don't have hard feelings about Delle Donne. It was an unfortunate situation for everyone but she had the worst of it. She quit basketball for 3 months, was going to try to pick up volleyball. Most women's fans are happy she got back on the court at all, even though she wasn't at UConn. And while it would have been great if she played 4 healthy, happy years at UConn, it's not like UConn sucked those years.

No, we didn't suck, but we likely would not have lost quite so many games vs. Notre Lame during that stretch, and quite possibly might have won at least one or two more NCs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
She pretended she was sick of basketball and wanted to play volleyball in school in order to get her release and then went on the immediately play basketball at Delaware and become a First Team All-America. I liken that to Diallo working out with our players for years and then suddenly deciding we wanted to play for the Anti-Christ.

No.

UConn would have released her no matter what - she was only on campus for a few days.

She just had other things going on in her life. Even now, she's the rare WNBA player who doesn't cash in by going overseas during the offseason - she takes care of her handicapped sister.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No.

UConn would have released her no matter what - she was only on campus for a few days.

She just had other things going on in her life. Even now, she's the rare WNBA player who doesn't cash in by going overseas during the offseason - she takes care of her handicapped sister.
She also played volleyball for a year before starting hoops again.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She also played volleyball for a year before starting hoops again.

And come on...we're talking about freakin Delaware here. She obviously didn't got there 'to play hoops'. Totally different scenario to Diallo. And I'm of the opinion that Diallo didn't ff__ck us either. I think our coaches ff__cked themselves.

Reaction Score
And come on...we're talking about freakin Delaware here. She obviously didn't got there 'to play hoops'. Totally different scenario to Diallo. And I'm of the opinion that Diallo didn't ff__ck us either. I think our coaches ff__cked themselves.

Diallo was swayed. Our coaches didn't screw themselves. The stories of Diallo joining the team for the spring were too real--too much smoke, and it was plausible. Calipari rushed in when he heard that, and swayed him. Happens to the best recruiters out there. I certainly hope that wasn't held against Glen Miller, because if it was, it's amateurish. I've seen the same thing happen repeatedly, where a recruit tells people he is 99% committed, and the recruiter is left totally surprised at the last minute.

Reaction Score
No.

Yeah, I go to Delaware, albeit she graduated before I came here, but you can't really say a bad word about EDD, she was homesick and was caring for her sister, Id hope no one was bad mouthing her up in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I go to Delaware, albeit she graduated before I came here, but you can't really say a bad word about EDD, she was homesick and was caring for her sister, Id hope no one was bad mouthing her up in Storrs.

BS.

EDD is someone whom I dislike and will never ever root for.

Im probably the only one who holds this opinion or is willing to state it publicly. She screwed the program and caused us a title. An absolutely huge amount of time,resources, and effort was completely wasted on that EDD knucklehead.

Reaction Score
As you know now that's not how you win a recruiting battle.

You're right the way you win recruiting battles is to recruit people who eventually will not be recruited by the Squid while falling prey to his "ponzi scheme." Pretty simple isn't it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom