OT: - MAL update | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: MAL update

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, let's see: MAL, Kris Dunn, Pachal Chukwu

3 top kids. 3 out of 40 or so the last 5 years. That's not going to cut it as the top destination. Furthermore, clearly MAL preferred to go to UConn, but he was scared off by the competition. So be it.

In the same period, UConn landed: Diarra, Vital, Jalen Adams, Enoch, Drummond. And before that, kids like Napier, Kemba and Jeff Adrien.

All these kids went elsewhere:

Hamidou Diallo
Jermaine Samuels
Kimani Lawrence
Wabissa Bede
Wenyen Gabriel
Mustapha Heron
Bruce Brown
Mamadou Diarra
Tyrique Jones
Christian Vital
Jalen Adams
Donovan Mitchell
Aaron Falzon
Tyler Lydon
Josh Sharma
Steven Enoch
Jared Reuter
Noah Vonleh
Wayne Selden
Kahlil Dukes
Goodluck Okonoboh
Abdul Abu
Kaleb Joseph
Jared Terrell
Bonzie Colson
Nerlens Noel
Kaleb Tarcewski
Kuran Iverson
Jake Layman
Olivier Hanlan
Mitch McGarry
Andre Drummond
Khem Birch
Alex Murphy
Nadir Tharpe
Mo Harkless
Pat Connaughton
Nate Lubick

In the last 5 years ranked kids PC has RICKY LEDO TOP 25, KRIS DUNN TOP 25, ALPHA DIALLO TOP 100, MAL TOP 40 UCONN has JALEN ADAMS TOP 25, MAMADOU TOP 100 can we be unbiased for a second and not go back to the Calhoun era? We are not the uconn of the past losing a top 40 player HURTS when we are recruiting the same Top talent in 2018 and they have had more recent success.

Reaction Score
its says OT this is a pretty big deal PC has become the school for top local players maybe?

Let me get this straight? So in one thread your point is we can't expect good players to sacrifice for the team, but on another your point is that a good player leaving because he doesn't want to sacrifice for the team says something about the team.

Mods -- pretty obvious at this point this is someone trolling with a new handle. Please make him disappear.

Reaction Score
In the last 5 years ranked kids PC has RICKY LEDO TOP 25, KRIS DUNN TOP 25, ALPHA DIALLO TOP 100, MAL TOP 40 UConn has JALEN ADAMS TOP 25, MAMADOU TOP 100 can we be unbiased for a second and not go back to the Calhoun era? We are not the UConn of the past losing a top 40 player HURTS when we are recruiting the same Top talent in 2018 and they have had more recent success.

Ricky Ledo and Kris Dunn are from the Calhoun era.

Alpha Diallo is from Colorado.

You are out of your depth.

Reaction Score
Ricky Ledo and Kris Dunn are from the Calhoun era.

Alpha Diallo is from Colorado.

You are out of your depth.
Ricky and Dunn are from the Cooley era.
Alpha was born and raised in NY went to prep school in New England.
try again...

You think these HS kids are worried about anything pass the last 5 years?

Reaction Score
Ricky and Dunn are from the Cooley era.
Alpha was born and raised in NY went to prep school in New England.
try again...

You think these HS kids are worried about anything pass the last 5 years?

So--if you're not going to consider kids from the previous 5 years because in one of them Calhoun was still coach, then why are you bringing up kids who are from BEFORE that period.

Compare like for like, not apples and oranges.

Ricky Ledo came out BEFORE Andre Drummond.

Alpha Diallo grew up in Colorado and played his middle school and high school ball there: Alpha Diallo, a top high school basketball prospect, leaves Colorado – The Denver Post

It amazes me you don't even know the background of players on your own favorite team!!!!

Who cares where he was born? Where did he develop into a basketball player? COLORADO

Reaction Score
So--if you're not going to consider kids from the previous 5 years because in one of them Calhoun was still coach, then why are you bringing up kids who are from BEFORE that period.

Compare like for like, not apples and oranges.

Ricky Ledo came out BEFORE Andre Drummond.
ricky ledo graduated 2012
drummond graduated 2011

Reaction Score
ricky ledo graduated 2012
drummond graduated 2011

Why are you going back to Rickey Ledo if you want to do a recruiting comparison? Calhoun was still coaching back then. He passed on Ledo (for good reason).

By the way, Alpha Diallo grew up in Colorado, and MAL really wanted to be a UConn Husky, but he was afraid of the competition.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Providence on landing Ricky Ledo. I remember him having a fantastic year for them.
Hey, at least we can counter with we landed Scott Hazelton when he was a McDonalds All-American.:rolleyes:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In the last 5 years ranked kids PC has RICKY LEDO TOP 25, KRIS DUNN TOP 25, ALPHA DIALLO TOP 100, MAL TOP 40 UConn has JALEN ADAMS TOP 25, MAMADOU TOP 100 can we be unbiased for a second and not go back to the Calhoun era? We are not the UConn of the past losing a top 40 player HURTS when we are recruiting the same Top talent in 2018 and they have had more recent success.

As I mentioned previously, we stopped recruiting Kris Dunn because of other commitments. He likely would have matriculated at UCONN.

So Basically, Ricky Ledo, Alpha Diallo, and MAL. Were we even interested that much in Diallo? I know we weren't in Ledo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Friend of Dunn's told me that. But I'll fully admit that is second hand info. I'm sure Dunn is plenty happy with where he ended up in the end, given where he was drafted.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
its says OT this is a pretty big deal PC has become the school for top local players maybe?
Good one!

PC becoming the school for top local players is similar to the comment a few months back on Facey being a 1st round NBA pick.

pj

Reaction Score
Ledo never played a minute of college basketball. Winning the recruiting battle for Ledo is like winning the goat on Let's Make a Deal.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think it is pretty safe to state that you are one of the PC fans who seven years ago predicted our demise (because we landed the wrong Lamb, Napier instead of Knight, no Selby or Joseph) and bragged about how Keno and KREW (whatever that was supposed to mean) would dominate New England going forward.

Are you seriously claiming that landing Ledo accomplished anything? Most schools didn't waste the time as they knew he wouldn't be immediately eligible and that he would declare for the draft without ever suiting up.

Reaction Score

How many games did PC win with Ledo?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom