OT: - MAL update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: MAL update

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He would've been the 6th man here to. Really hard to understand this decision.

Reaction Score
I didn't wish any of the kids that transferred out any ill will but success but I wish nothing good for MAL. PC is in their glory days and they are practically hanging banners for making the NCAA. What a losing mentality. Never was amazed at his vids. Hoped his winning would carry over. Never seen a kid decommit over an assistant like Miller. So bizarre. F PC!

Reaction Score
Would be good for defense. On offense will never be a double digits scorder in a high level. Can't makeep contested jump shots. Release ridiculously slow. Vital is 10 times the shooter now

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I didn't wish any of the kids that transferred out any ill will but success but I wish nothing good for MAL. PC is in their glory days and they are practically hanging banners for making the NCAA. What a losing mentality. Never was amazed at his vids. Hoped his winning would carry over. Never seen a kid decommit over an assistant like Miller. So bizarre. F PC!

Durham and Jackson can go suck an egg too.
Enoch gets a pass

Reaction Score
He could've committed there to begin with, not wasted our time, now we don't have a backup pg. We probably aren't getting Blake Harris, and I'm not sure we even have another capable backup plan.
Jalen is our backup PG. Not bad.

Reaction Score
He could've committed there to begin with, not wasted our time, now we don't have a backup pg. We probably aren't getting Blake Harris, and I'm not sure we even have another capable backup plan.

We are not going to put any blame on the staff ? Kid is top 40 in the country why would he want to sit on the bench on a bad team. Ollie promised him 20 mpg wasnt going to happen and if he didnt leave christian vital was going to

Reaction Score
I agree but he does give Providence a key player depth wise for next year. They will be very good next year.

Love Waters!

OK PSA for EVERYONE TREMONT WATERS IS NOT I repeat NOT coming to UCONN! why you ask? That kid is not going ANYWHERE he doesn't start DAY ONE! Jalen and AG are starting so lets get over that one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We are not going to put any blame on the staff ? Kid is top 40 in the country why would he want to sit on the bench on a bad team. Ollie promised him 20 mpg wasnt going to happen and if he didnt leave christian vital was going to
Right right guess I forgot about all our backup perimeter players. There couldn't possibly be 20 mpg available.

Reaction Score
OK PSA for EVERYONE TREMONT WATERS IS NOT I repeat NOT coming to UConn! why you ask? That kid is not going ANYWHERE he doesn't start DAY ONE! Jalen and AG are starting so lets get over that one.

2 things though - one he does want to go to a higher level program there's no doubt about that and 2 there's probably not one with a guarantee of that starting spot. So my guess he either takes the Ivy route or ends up somewhere knowing he's good enough to compete for time.

Reaction Score
Full disclosure, I have never seen MAL play. But his decision to leave UConn for Providence tells me all I need to know. Good luck with that choice and feel free to schedule spring break in advance. You're second weekend in March will always be open.

Reaction Score
OK PSA for EVERYONE TREMONT WATERS IS NOT I repeat NOT coming to UConn! why you ask? That kid is not going ANYWHERE he doesn't start DAY ONE! Jalen and AG are starting so lets get over that one.

A lot of recent info suggests otherwise as he definitely seems interested. We will be playing a TON of 3 guard lineups this year with the lack of big men. I think you'll see 3 guards, Larrier, and a big (Carlton, Cobb, Diarra) on the floor a ton. Basically we'll have 100 minutes per game for guards (PG, SG, and 1/2 of SF). 4 guards getting ~25 minutes each.

Reaction Score
Durham and Jackson can go suck an egg too.
Enoch gets a pass
This is why I don't understand the 4 threads which continue to drive attention to what these players will be with their new teams and what they would have been for us. Wish them nice hoop careers (really don't) in college and the NBA (also nah).

Reaction Score
This is why I don't understand the 4 threads which continue to drive attention to what these players will be with their new teams and what they would have been for us. Wish them nice hoop careers (really don't) in college and the NBA (also nah).

Nah, hope they actually stay healthy but aren't as good as advertised. Pretty simple, screw them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NEXT.........................
please

Reaction Score
I suggest we move this to the basketball recruiting forum.
This is a UConn basketball forum
Were we discuss UConn basketball ,food and drink..
Unless an MAL is a sandwich he has no place here.

Reaction Score
I suggest we move this to the basketball recruiting forum.
This is a UConn basketball forum
Were we discuss UConn basketball ,food and drink..
Unless an MAL is a sandwich he has no place here.

its says OT this is a pretty big deal PC has become the school for top local players maybe?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
its says OT this is a pretty big deal PC has become the school for top local players maybe?

How do you figure? Give me a list of guys where this is the case. And don't put Dunn on there, because we stopped recruiting him, not the other way around? Counter balance that with guys like Enoch and Adams. And maybe waters.

Reaction Score

Hmmmm, let's see: MAL, Kris Dunn, Pachal Chukwu

3 top kids. 3 out of 40 or so the last 5 years. That's not going to cut it as the top destination. Furthermore, clearly MAL preferred to go to UConn, but he was scared off by the competition. So be it.

In the same period, UConn landed: Diarra, Vital, Jalen Adams, Enoch, Drummond. And before that, kids like Napier, Kemba and Jeff Adrien.

All these kids went elsewhere:

Hamidou Diallo
Jermaine Samuels
Kimani Lawrence
Wabissa Bede
Wenyen Gabriel
Mustapha Heron
Bruce Brown
Mamadou Diarra
Tyrique Jones
Christian Vital
Jalen Adams
Donovan Mitchell
Aaron Falzon
Tyler Lydon
Josh Sharma
Steven Enoch
Jared Reuter
Noah Vonleh
Wayne Selden
Kahlil Dukes
Goodluck Okonoboh
Abdul Abu
Kaleb Joseph
Jared Terrell
Bonzie Colson
Nerlens Noel
Kaleb Tarcewski
Kuran Iverson
Jake Layman
Olivier Hanlan
Mitch McGarry
Andre Drummond
Khem Birch
Alex Murphy
Nadir Tharpe
Mo Harkless
Pat Connaughton
Nate Lubick

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, let's see: MAL, Kris Dunn, Pachal Chukwu

3 top kids. 3 out of 40 or so the last 5 years. That's not going to cut it as the top destination. Furthermore, clearly MAL preferred to go to UConn, but he was scared off by the competition. So be it.

In the same period, UConn landed: Diarra, Vital, Jalen Adams, Enoch, Drummond. And before that, kids like Napier, Kemba and Jeff Adrien.

All these kids went elsewhere:

Hamidou Diallo
Jermaine Samuels
Kimani Lawrence
Wabissa Bede
Wenyen Gabriel
Mustapha Heron
Bruce Brown
Mamadou Diarra
Tyrique Jones
Christian Vital
Jalen Adams