LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LSU's staff is getting a makeover it appears. Starkey will be coming in as an assistant. Kaylin Rice was demoted to recruiting coordinator to bring in another assistant Coach Garey Redus

Reaction Score
LSU's staff is getting a makeover it appears. Starkey will be coming in as an assistant. Kaylin Rice was demoted to recruiting coordinator to bring in another assistant Coach Garey Redus

Is Westbrook no longer with the team? I do not see her listed anymore. Of all the people she brought with her to Baylor, I assumed Messer and Mitchell would be the ones to leave first.

Reaction Score
Is Westbrook no longer with the team? I do not see her listed anymore. Of all the people she brought with her to Baylor, I assumed Messer and Mitchell would be the ones to leave first.
I honestly have zero clue to be honest unless she was offered another job as an assistant somewhere. Could be a error on LSU's part, LSU was missing multiple staffing members last season until they finally fixed the issue on the website.

Reaction Score
I honestly have zero clue to be honest unless she was offered another job as an assistant somewhere. Could be a error on LSU's part, LSU was missing multiple staffing members last season until they finally fixed the issue on the website.
Could Westbrook possibly be going to UCF with Sytia?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Kim started following Esmery, Jasmine, and Ladazhia on Instagram. Guess that means an announcement of Ladazhia transferring from Mizzou should be upcoming.

Reaction Score
Kim started following Esmery, Jasmine, and Ladazhia on Instagram. Guess that means an announcement of Ladazhia transferring from Mizzou should be upcoming.
She visited almost a month ago and Kim mentioned already having commitments from the portal before Jasmine or Esmery visited. LSU had multiple players enter the portal this week before Jasmine and Esmery announced today. Something tells me they told them to hold off on announcements until roster space officially cleared out...

If Ladazhia heads here LSU would have 2 spots left for next season (if everyone else stays). Gusters may be on the outside looking in if she stays IMO. Unless she gets into shape and improves significantly, there is no way she will be getting more minutes than the two mentioned above. She has scrubbed her social media of the LSU coaches and has been throwing everyone under the bus but still hasn't officially entered the portal, its a weird situation to say the least.

Reaction Score
So how are LSU fans feeling now with some of these transfers coming in?;)
Next year is going to be a challenge (regardless whoever they bring in) but I look forward to some fresh faces between the transfers and incoming freshmen class.

Morris and Martinez are locked in as starters, will be interested to see how the rest of the lineup shakes out. The talent certainly is improving, which we haven't had in a while at LSU.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Next year is going to be a challenge (regardless whoever they bring in) but I look forward to some fresh faces between the transfers and incoming freshmen class.

Morris and Martinez are locked in as starters, will be interested to see how the rest of the lineup shakes out.
Do Esmery and Ladhazia both play PF ? Or, did Ladzhazia play Center at Mizzou?

Reaction Score
Do Esmery and Ladhazia both play PF ? Or, did Ladzhazia play Center at Mizzou?
Ladahiza was Missouri's biggest player. She is not exactly a true center but they probably can play Esmery and Ladazhia together effectively. I don't think having a true C would be a deal breaker, just need those two to play well together. Ladazhia is 6'4 and Martinez is 6'2. Kim hinted at Amani Bartlett playing much more next season, and she is 6'3. Then they have Sa'Myah Smith coming in who is 6'4.

Don't think we have a true center on the team next year minus Gusters (who I am not convinced would be a regular starter).

Reaction Score

Remember, as a kid, watching his dad play CF for the Reds and Pirates. Ugh, feel so old all of a sudden. :(

Reaction Score
Remember as a kid watching his dad play CF for the Reds and Pirates. Ugh, feel so old all of a sudden. :(
front_156203__50899.1573285207.jpg

Good times

Reaction Score

Excited about Ladazhia. She will definitely be utilized much more under Kim than she was at Missouri

Reaction Score

Rumor has is there is a "big prospect" on campus right now. Kateri Poole recently visited as well. LSU has 2 spots left to fill their 22-23 roster unless someone else transfers.

Multiple LSU coaches just started following Angel Reese but I'm not doing this to myself :D

Reaction Score

Rumor has is there is a "big prospect" on campus right now. Kateri Poole recently visited as well. LSU has 2 spots left to fill their 22-23 roster unless someone else transfers.

Multiple LSU coaches just started following Angel Reese but I'm not doing this to myself :D

Interesting. Would she be a good fit for Coach Mulkey's style of play? I know she was dealing with injuries this season, but I got the sense she never really caught on to Ohio State's system.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Would she be a good fit for Coach Mulkey's style of play? I know she was dealing with injuries this season, but I got the sense she never really caught on to Ohio State's system.
Reese, Williams, and Martinez would seem to create a logjam in the paint - but who knows

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Tell Dan Levy GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
Reese, Williams, and Martinez would seem to create a logjam in the paint - but who knows
I am not sure how that would work at all unless they decided to have a giant lineup. At least Martinez and Reese are very athletic/mobile. Certainly not the Hannah Guster types...

But I feel its a pipe dream anyways but no coach in America would pass up a talent like that.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Getting a player like Reese is exactly what Kim needs to keep the program rolling along. Reese is pretty unorthodox but a heck of a talent and I think she'll be a great fit. I'm guessing LSU competes with Tennessee for 2nd place in conference this year with a core of Reese, Morris, Martinez and Williams. That's a fantastic rebuild job after losing so much talent to graduation.

Reaction Score
Getting a player like Reese is exactly what Kim needs to keep the program rolling along. Reese is pretty unorthodox but a heck of a talent and I think she'll be a great fit. I'm guessing LSU competes with Tennessee for 2nd place in conference this year with a core of Reese, Morris, Martinez and Williams. That's a fantastic rebuild job after losing so much talent to graduation.
God please don't jinx this :D

I will be honest, most of the players that graduated were pretty replaceable outside of Pointer. No one is going to replace what Pointer brought to this team. Autumn, Faustine and Cherry were good kids that played hard. Not the most consistent or talented but experience made a difference for the team last season.

But adding Williams, Esmery, and that talented freshmen class, along with a potential Reese to go with Alexis Morris will definitely put the program at a talent level they havent had in quite a long time.

Not sure how lineups would work but you gotta think they get the best players on the floor and they will figure it out at some point.

Reaction Score
Well baring any other "visits" by Angel Reese :rolleyes: The roster should look like this for next season (13 scholarship players)

Alexis Morris (G)- 6th year senior (she has been in college for a decade it feels like)
Ryan Payne (G)- 5th year senior
Jasmine Carson (G)- 5th year senior
LaDazhia Williams (F)- 5th year senior

Angel Reese (F)- Junior
Hannah Gusters (C)- Junior
Last Tear Poa (G)- Junior
Kateri Poole (G)- Junior

Amani Bartlett (F)- Sophomore
Timia Ware (G)- Sophomore

Flaujae Johnson (G)- Freshman
Sa'Myah Smith (F)- Freshman
Alisa Williams (G)- Freshman

Two walks ons: Emily Ward and Izzy Besselman

Reaction Score
Well baring any other "visits" by Angel Reese :rolleyes: The roster should look like this for next season (13 scholarship players)

Alexis Morris (G)- 6th year senior (she has been in college for a decade it feels like)
Ryan Payne (G)- 5th year senior
Jasmine Carson (G)- 5th year senior
LaDazhia Williams (F)- 5th year senior

Angel Reese (F)- Junior
Hannah Gusters (C)- Junior
Last Tear Poa (G)- Junior
Kateri Poole (G)- Junior

Amani Bartlett (F)- Sophomore
Timia Ware (G)- Sophomore

Flaujae Johnson (G)- Freshman
Sa'Myah Smith (F)- Freshman
Alisa Williams (G)- Freshman