LSU basketball 2022, Part II | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Will be interested to see how she does here. I know its a JUCO player but she seemed to turn a lot of heads the last year from a lot of major programs. Her final two schools were LSU and Maryland.

Reaction Score
Part II for LSU!

Ya think Kim has made a splash?

Anybody know their average attendance this year?

If they win Sunday against Tennessee and win the SEC tournament, they will make a strong case for a 2 seed. Even if they lose in the tourney to SCar, they might have a shot at it if other things fall right.

Reaction Score
CDB2A030-0B35-4143-80DB-C70C88F437E7.jpeg

Part II for LSU!

Ya think Kim has made a splash?

Anybody know their average attendance this year?

Reaction Score
If they win Sunday against Tennessee and win the SEC tournament, they will make a strong case for a 2 seed. Even if they lose in the tourney to SCar, they might have a shot at it if other things fall right.
LSU may be in for some hurting tomorrow and the SECT as they are planning to rest Alexis Morris, she has a MCL strain. We weren't gonna win the SECT anyways.

I would say yes she had made a splash. They are not there yet, still have a long way to go, but for her first year she has taken a group of seniors who really haven't had much success and have them playing as well as they can. They have won the most regular season games since their last final four team. I think we have spent more time in the top 25 this week then all of the years under Nikki combined. All in all I don't know how any sane person can't call this season unbelievably successful. I expected improvement but not 24-4 type improvement,

Next year will be a uphill climb losing a lot of experience so they will have to throw the new players into the fire much more than usual. They will really need to hit the portal hard to try to get some experience and proven players to compliment Morris. I expect Kim's first incoming class to be very good but freshmen have a large learning curve and that takes time. I'm sure they will figure it out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the excitement, success and attendance, I don’t see the number one prospect leaving the state

Reaction Score
With the excitement, success and attendance, I don’t see the number one prospect leaving the state
I feel she probably stays home but following recruiting nothing is a given, especially in the day of NIL.... I will feel better when the papers are signed. But her going to a bunch of LSU games and often hanging out with the team here the past few months is encouraging.

She has kept her recruitment pretty down low in general.

Reaction Score
I think Last-Tear Poa will be able to contribute immediately. She averaged 14.7 in 20 minutes per game shooting 33% from 3 point snd 90% on FT's at the comm college level.

Reaction Score
I feel she probably stays home but following recruiting nothing is a given, especially in the day of NIL.... I will feel better when the papers are signed. But her going to a bunch of LSU games and often hanging out with the team here the past few months is encouraging.

She has kept her recruitment pretty down low in general.
I do know. She should get a pretty bag with the NIL for LSU. Regardless to that part. I think we are in good standing with her. But like you said. Her recruitment has been silent. Similar to Janiah Barker

Reaction Score
That was ugly down the stretch! I think LSU will play a strong Kentucky team in the quarters who has won their last 6. We need to take our W, get rested and get ready for the the NCAA.

Reaction Score
That was ugly down the stretch! I think LSU will play a strong Kentucky team in the quarters who has won their last 6. We need to take our W, get rested and get ready for the the NCAA.
They had a 15 point lead near the 5 minute mark. Bad turnovers and not hitting free throws. Unfortunately Pointer was the only player capable of handling a press but she had a bad night with it.

Cherry can’t do that and Payne isn’t experienced enough to do it consistently.

I was pleased with Gusters today.

This team will have to claw to score points until Morris comes back. Pointer has to be better in the meantime

Reaction Score
Something tells me. Mississippi state will get their revenge on Kentucky

Reaction Score
With the regular season, lets take a look at what they have accomplished since the hire last year.

1. Went from 9 wins to 25 wins
2. Won Most Regular Season Games since LSU's last final four team with Fowles
3. Finished 2nd in the SEC, their highest finish in over 13 years
4. 5th in D1 in home attendance, more fans attended games this year than the last 4 combined.
5. Ranked in the top 10 for the first time in over 13 years and should host NCAAT opening round
6. Went from one of the worst teams in D1 offensively and has them among the top of the SEC scoring averaging over 70+ PPG (with Morris of course)
7. Signed a McDonalds All American, four star 6'4 post player from Texas and the #1 JUCO recruit.

I don't know what is going to happen in the post season but I am proud at how far this team has come. They aren't perfect, they arent always the most talented but they play hard and for each other. A terrific job by the players and the coaching staff.

FMI0D4dUUAA1FSS

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
With the regular season, lets take a look at what they have accomplished since the hire last year.

1. Went from 9 wins to 25 wins
2. Won Most Regular Season Games since LSU's last final four team with Fowles
3. Finished 2nd in the SEC, their highest finish in over 13 years
4. 5th in D1 in home attendance, more fans attended games this year than the last 4 combined.
5. Ranked in the top 10 for the first time in over 13 years and should host NCAAT opening round
6. Went from one of the worst teams in D1 offensively and has them among the top of the SEC scoring averaging over 70+ PPG (with Morris of course)
7. Signed a McDonalds All American, four star 6'4 post player from Texas and the #1 JUCO recruit.

I don't know what is going to happen in the post season but I am proud at how far this team has come. They aren't perfect, they arent always the most talented but they play hard and for each other. A terrific job by the players and the coaching staff.

Very happy to LSU and their fans on here. Pretty remarkable stuff after 1 season, Kim is a heck of a coach and is just a couple of recruits away from building LSU into a powerhouse. Even with all of her players graduating, I bet she reloads well via the portal considering there will likely be a lot of talented kids available in just a few weeks. In the past she's done an excellent job incorporating transfers (Chloe Jackson, Te'a Cooper, Dijonai Carrington).

Kind of an out there idea, but I think Queen Egbo could definitely benefit from another year of college basketball, and being a grad transfer at LSU would be a perfect fit for her to further develop. I thought she made great strides under Kim and played her best basketball the 2nd half of last season.

At any rate, hoping LSU tears it up in the SEC tournament and in the NCAAs. Congrats on a great year so far.

Reaction Score
Very happy to LSU and their fans on here. Pretty remarkable stuff after 1 season, Kim is a heck of a coach and is just a couple of recruits away from building LSU into a powerhouse. Even with all of her players graduating, I bet she reloads well via the portal considering there will likely be a lot of talented kids available in just a few weeks. In the past she's done an excellent job incorporating transfers (Chloe Jackson, Te'a Cooper, Dijonai Carrington).

Kind of an out there idea, but I think Queen Egbo could definitely benefit from another year of college basketball, and being a grad transfer at LSU would be a perfect fit for her to further develop. I thought she made great strides under Kim and played her best basketball the 2nd half of last season.

At any rate, hoping LSU tears it up in the SEC tournament and in the NCAAs. Congrats on a great year so far.
One person I wish could hit the portal….. Tamari Key. Lol she will not get better at UT. And she have so much potential. Don’t mind me. Wishful thinking lol.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
One person I wish could hit the portal….. Tamari Key. Lol she will not get better at UT. And she have so much potential. Don’t mind me. Wishful thinking lol.
I don't see that one happening...she's in a good spot at Tennessee in that the team will likely be strong again and she'll be one of the centerpieces of the team. She's also a junior and we almost never see kids transfer out after their junior season unless they're able to finish undergrad in 3 years and grad transfer. She still has a ton of potential but I do think she's gotten better and better each season under Harper.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
If she did transfer, I bet she would end up at UNC so she could play a season with her little sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom