Larrier turning pro at end of season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Larrier turning pro at end of season

Reaction Score
Same thing was said about Purvis last year. And then we got this year's product. OOOOOOPPPPPSS!

And, for that matter, same thing was said about Deandre Daniels in February of 2014. He was crucified here in early February. The threads are still up.

So basically, we have gotten worse every year since 2014.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's called pulling a DHam.

He's doing it in hopes of moving on to a person or organization that may actually be able to teach them something about the game of basketball.

As for the mass exodus, I honestly think that's an ideal scenario. There's really nothing to build around and you want the coach to find guys loyal and ready to play for him, not simply reluctantly. A dozen transfers this offseason really wouldn't lose us anything besides a dozen or so bricks per game or a handful of balls dribbled off our own feet per game.

Reaction Score
Nowadays turning pro means different things.

Just saying some kids no longer think NBA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's embarrassing how bad posters are in this thread, like whiny little brats when things don't go their way.

Kid is graduating from UConn. Tore his ACL. Never got into trouble. He has some skills that can be useful to pro teams, that much is obvious. why anyone thinks he should stay for a 5th year of college, after graduation, when he's already 23, and the team will be no better next year!

Jeez, wish him good luck.
and he will be better an additional year removed from the injury. That kind of injury takes more than one season to fully recover from. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. He is still a UCONN HUSKY! Best of Luck!!!!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
As for the mass exodus, I honestly think that's an ideal scenario. There's really nothing to build around and you want the coach to find guys loyal and ready to play for him, not simply reluctantly. A dozen transfers this offseason really wouldn't lose us anything besides a dozen or so bricks per game or a handful of balls dribbled off our own feet per game.

Regardless of how talented the players may or may not be, I don't think a mass exodus would be very good. Could cause some APR problems down the road.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how talented the players may or may not be, I don't think a mass exodus would be very good. Could cause some APR problems down the road.
Glad Larrier is getting his degree.
Good spot up shooter with below average skills in other areas.
Assuming polley, Whaley, and Wilson come back, his minutes would get significantly squeezed. Could even be a bench player if came back.

Best of luck....

Reaction Score
Turning pro or just leaving school? By his play he won't last in NBA long, if he even makes it there.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Terry hope he meets his goals.

Hope KO also realizes they're better sharing his minutes with guys who want to be here. There's a reason they made a run without him.

Reaction Score
No one would have thought RP would be doing as well as he is. I'd give any kid a second chance to prove himself in a system other than Ollie's.

Wrong, no doubt with the wide open play of the awfully limited defense of the G/D league I thought Rodney would be better, as DHam is too. Larrier is not even close to either of these players and it is NOT KO's fault here, the kid just isn't as good as advertised period.

Reaction Score
Larrier is going to be a grad transfer to a big P5 school..,He has never said going Pro..
He didn't?

Getting back on the court this season, has played 25 games, averaging 13.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, with 24 assists and 61 turnovers. Having kept up with his academics, he is set to graduate in May with a degree in urban and community studies. He would have the option of returning to UConn, or transferring to another school with immediate eligibility as a grad student, but is not thinking along those lines, as he told reporters after the Huskies’ practice Tuesday.

“Definitely pro, pursuing basketball,” Larrier said, when asked of his plans. “I am going to continue to pursue basketball and see where it takes me and hopefully things work out for the best.”

UConn's Terry Larrier, Set To Graduate, Plans Pro Career After This Season

Reaction Score
You do realize a team actually has to run an offense that features off-ball movement for that to take place, right? What's Larrier going to do, set a down screen for himself to come off? Instead, we run our 900th high ball screen of the game while three other players stand still.

We ran a few curls for Larrier throughout the season, where he caught the ball in motion about 15' from the hoop and good things happened as long as he didn't put the ball on the floor.

If JC asked Rip to be the primary ball-handler in PnR or told him to go stand in the corner while KEA ran high ball screens all day it'd have been a shitshow too.

lol. Ok man. Kid can’t even dribble the ball. And half his shots were complete bricks. You’re right, he should have been couched to pass out of his post move rather than throw a brick or turn it over on the same spin move he did every time right into a defender.

Reaction Score
lol. Ok man. Kid can’t even dribble the ball. And half his shots were complete bricks. You’re right, he should have been couched to pass out of his post move rather than throw a brick or turn it over on the same spin move he did every time right into a defender.

I mean to be fair, half of Steph Curry's shots are bricks too.

Reaction Score

Based on this response you didn't read what I wrote. Have a good one.

Reaction Score
Wish him the best. He is a Husky. His body make up has always mystified me. He is 185 lbs at 6 ft 8? That is incredible. He had to rehab after the ACL tear.

Reaction Score
If this is true there is no way KO is retained. I bet its a done deal, KO is gone. We are 100% getting a new coach. Larrier going grad transfer is all the evidence I need.

All aboard the Hurley train, no doubt he is choice 1,2,and 3.
Not saying you are wrong but how the heck does a 24 yo graduate with surgically repaired knee leaving to play professionally prove anything?

Reaction Score
Not saying you are wrong but how the heck does a 24 yo graduate with surgically repaired knee leaving to play professionally prove anything?

Terry Larrier will turn 23 in mid August.

I wish him the best and hope he gets into a situation where he can flourish.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Larrier, he missed 2 seasons, one due to transfer and the other due to injury. And, it looks like he hasn't fully recovered from his injury. The best thing for him at this stage is to graduate from college and spend full time developing his game.

We never saw the full basketball potential of Terry Larrier, but you have to wish him good luck in the future and he at least earned a college degree from UConn to fall back on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom