Larrier turning pro at end of season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Larrier turning pro at end of season

Reaction Score
I wish Larrier the best of luck. He has played selfish since he arrived at UCONN. His intention was to turn Pro after last season but he got injured. I questioned his shot selections last season. Addition by subtraction... I have said it many times, he needs to go after this season.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He’s not 25% of what Rip was. Rip’s work ethic was legendary, he was a leader, and a winner. Not even close to a valid compare.

I’m talking about one of Rips roles in the pro game.

Larrier needs to find a catch and shoot kind of role.

Reaction Score
Larrier needs to find a catch and shoot kind of role.

Agreed, and it's another example of the issues with our coaching and offensive system. Why in the world our staff ever thought it was a good idea to have a player like Larrier isolate and be a pick-n-roll ballhandler is beyond me. We did an awful job of putting Larrier in a position to succeed.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
He still has a lot of upside. The only problem is he is soon to be 23 y.o.
Strength and ball handling are his 2 biggest problems. He also needs to integrate in a team more and learn to be a facilitator/leader. But he has the potential to carve out a decent pro career and make some cash.

Reaction Score
Good luck to him. He (presumably?) has his undergrad degree. Another year at his age dividing time between school and hoops is pointless. Focus on the craft, get better and chase the dream.

I don't understand people knocking him so much. He's a young man playing basketball for us with a broken face on a dumpster fire team. Go get yours, Terry!

Reaction Score
Agreed, and it's another example of the issues with our coaching and offensive system. Why in the world our staff ever thought it was a good idea to have a player like Larrier isolate and be a pick-n-roll ballhandler is beyond me. We did an awful job of putting Larrier in a position to succeed.

Wouldn’t catch and shoot require you to work hard off the ball. See the comments about Rip.

Reaction Score
Honestly at this point .. who cares?
Good luck to him, he may need it.

Reaction Score
Larrier is going to be a grad transfer to a big P5 school..,He has never said going Pro..

We are sinking for sure.. We have not hit
Rock Bottom yet..

Next year has potential for a disaster I am afarid..

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Larrier is going to be a grad transfer to a big P5 school..,He has never said going Pro..

We are sinking for sure.. We have not hit
Rock Bottom yet..

Next year has potential for a disaster I am afarid..

Big P5 school...where is this coming from?

Reaction Score
You don’t think a P5 team who is a contender wouldn’t take a flyer on Larrier to fill a spot ?? I do

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hope the kid makes some money. He wore/wears the uniform i respect that.

That's where I'm at, too. He needs another year in my opinion, but it is what it is. The road for him will be harder through Europe or the G League.

Best of luck to Terry. Let's do everything we can to get Jalen to stay now...

Reaction Score
Good luck to him. He (presumably?) has his undergrad degree. Another year at his age dividing time between school and hoops is pointless. Focus on the craft, get better and chase the dream.

I don't understand people knocking him so much. He's a young man playing basketball for us with a broken face on a dumpster fire team. Go get yours, Terry!

It's embarrassing how bad posters are in this thread, like whiny little brats when things don't go their way.

Kid is graduating from UConn. Tore his ACL. Never got into trouble. He has some skills that can be useful to pro teams, that much is obvious. why anyone thinks he should stay for a 5th year of college, after graduation, when he's already 23, and the team will be no better next year!

Jeez, wish him good luck.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You don’t think a P5 team who is a contender wouldn’t take a flyer on Larrier to fill a spot ?? I do

“I think such a team would...” —> “Larrier is going to be”

I’m not seeing how the leap is made.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's embarrassing how bad posters are in this thread, like whiny little brats when things don't go their way.

Kid is graduating from UConn. Tore his ACL. Never got into trouble. He has some skills that can be useful to pro teams, that much is obvious. why anyone thinks he should stay for a 5th year of college, after graduation, when he's already 23, and the team will be no better next year!

Jeez, wish him good luck.

Players with flaws don’t deserve fan support. Read the bylaws.

Reaction Score
Look, Larrier has been a complete zero at UConn. Injury played a big role obviously but he spent 3 years here and was basically a waste of a scholarship. Go pro, be a grad transfer, whatever......I already forgot he was ever here.

Reaction Score
Starting 5

PG : “The unknown shoulder”
SG: transfer from Middlesex CC ???
Wing: Sid Wilson
PF: Kwintin Williams
C: The big Russian

The 20+ point loss record is definitely in jeopardy next year again.

Reaction Score
good luck, but to me, it's a failed project. he came in with a big reputation and we were all looking forward to him being a world beater for us. had all the tools to be a hit. but now, we see it as addition by subtraction.

Reaction Score
I wish Larrier the best of luck. He has played selfish since he arrived at UCONN. His intention was to turn Pro after last season but he got injured. I questioned his shot selections last season. Addition by subtraction... I have said it many times, he needs to go after this season.
In defense of Larrier, you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, I am embarrassed for you.

Reaction Score
I wish him well in the future. Having coached a lot of kids, not everyone has a killer instinct. If he had Vital’s aggression then everyone would be singing a different tune. Ollie (or new coach ) needs some shooters and some bulldogs.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. There will be MORE players staying at UCONN if we have new coach versus KO staying.
Exactly, word has it, if KO is actually kept on for another year the fallout will be huge. Our best course of action is to let KO go and hopefully negotiate a reduced buyout. It's our only way forward

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom