Larrier turning pro at end of season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier turning pro at end of season

Reaction Score
I get that his season didn't hold up to our very high expectations, but Terry Larrier is the best pro prospect on this team. Best of luck to him!

Reaction Score
Not shocked in the slightest. Will make some good money overseas. Lots of squandered potential at UConn.

Reaction Score
The good news is, yes, in basketball.!The bad news is, it’s in Bratislava.
and? Probably a step up in regards to quality of life, if not now, than soon (like much of Western Europe) and for sure safety compared to the states.

Reaction Score
To call his UConn career "forgettable" is an insult to memory.

Together he and Purvis epitomized the KO era:
- initial recruiting failures
- over-hyped as transfers
- significant deficits in basketball IQ, skill (moreso Purvis), or toughness (moreso Larrier)
- poorly integrated in the team game

Hopefully Sid Wilson breaks the mold.

Nothing against Larrier personally (though unlike Purvis he never exactly made himself a fan favorite), but I'm not exactly saddened by the news.

UconnAngel

Feed the orphans
Reaction Score
Shabazz summarized the season as players trying too hard to get to the NBA too early. This attitude wrought havoc on teamwork and team chemistry. I am a little sad that KO failed to rein Larrier in. A few more games could have been won and blowouts avoided. Sid will take his place with better results by February of next year. This is assuming KO and he stay with the team and the team pretty much stays intact.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I’m curious how he’d work out in a rip Hamilton role, running around and basically only doing some catch and shoot. Kid needs to find something if he’s gonna make it long term as a pro.
He’s not 25% of what Rip was. Rip’s work ethic was legendary, he was a leader, and a winner. Not even close to a valid compare.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not sure Larrier ever was present at UConn, physically or mentally. But best of luck to him, because the problems at UConn are bigger than him.

It's a shame. I really thought we had something after the Oregon game with a team led by AG, JA, TL.

Reaction Score
During the Memphis game, Joe D said Larrier was participating in senior night, so this is not really new news.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don't wish him ill will. He is a mediocre player after knee injuries and a horrible cog to fit in to a team sport.
I don't see how he can make money in any quality league on any continent.
On the other hand, never heard a peep about him doing anything bad off the court and looks like he is on track for a degree.
So, Fair winds and Following Seas Mr. Larrier.

Reaction Score
It makes sense for him to leave; in fact, I can't think of a reason for him to stay. He's old, he got his degree and he's not going to improve all that much if he comes back for another year. Might as well start earning money overseas, I can respect that. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
He’s not getting any younger, he has already been hurt badly once, and he’s had awful coaching here. Hope he makes as much money playing ball as he can.
Bad coaching isn't his problem.

Reaction Score
He will never make it in the NBA. The guy can’t even dribble.
If I were advising him.
I was would tell him to transfer to a school as a post grad especially one with good shooters who spread the flow.
His dribbling is a minor deterrent
His strength , toughness , and defense must improve
You will be amazed how much his on ball skills improve

Reaction Score
That sounds like he's implying there will be a mass exodus even if KO is retained. One of the few reasons his supporters kept bringing up was that firing him would leave the roster empty; sounds like that may happen regardless.
I'll say it again. There will be MORE players staying at UCONN if we have new coach versus KO staying.

Reaction Score
Best of luck! It' best for all parties involved. Time for everyone to move on. TL wasn't even a fraction of what he was expected to be here. He's going to be fighting an up hill battle to make a g league team. Lots of holes in his game and he is afraid of contact. Not even good enough to be a 3 and D guy imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom