Larrier turning pro at end of season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Larrier turning pro at end of season

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wish Terry the very best and thank him for becoming a Husky. Given that he will have gra, I think this is a smart move for him. I think he has more to offer than we’ve seen and should have a nice career somewhere.

Reaction Score
Larrier is a very good basketball player that came to UConn and had nothing but bad luck. Don't confuse talent/ability with a horrible offense.(coaching) As I said in another post, he is the best pro prospect on this roster, Jalen Adams included.

Reaction Score
Exactly, word has it, if KO is actually kept on for another year the fallout will be huge. Our best course of action is to let KO go and hopefully negotiate a reduced buyout. It's our only way forward
I’m tired of the players with the AAU attitude of leaving immediately if the coach doesn’t kiss their feet.

Reaction Score
In defense of Larrier, you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, I am embarrassed for you.
I am sorry we don't watch the same game. I wish the kid well but we're a team that plays much harder on defense without him on the floor. He shoots the ball everytime he touches it on offense or turns the ball over. I would prefer to loose by 20 playing with heart and effort than watching selfish basketball and no effort on defense. I have said it many times in previous posts that he needs to turn pro after the season. Matter fact the joke was on me when I said he needs to turn pro. I was saying that in a nice way that his time was up at UCONN.

Reaction Score
That's where I'm at, too. He needs another year in my opinion, but it is what it is. The road for him will be harder through Europe or the G League.

Best of luck to Terry. Let's do everything we can to get Jalen to stay now...
Maybe he’ll play for Danny hurley at Arizona.

Reaction Score
I’m tired of the players with the AAU attitude of leaving immediately if the coach doesn’t kiss their feet.

He's not a one-and-done. He's 23, and ready to get paid, wherever it may be. What were you doing at 23?

Reaction Score
good luck, but to me, it's a failed project. he came in with a big reputation and we were all looking forward to him being a world beater for us. had all the tools to be a hit. but now, we see it as addition by subtraction.

Same thing was said about Purvis last year. And then we got this year's product. OOOOOOPPPPPSS!

And, for that matter, same thing was said about Deandre Daniels in February of 2014. He was crucified here in early February. The threads are still up.

Reaction Score
I am sorry we don't watch the same game. I wish the kid well but we're a team that plays much harder on defense without him on the floor. He shoots the ball everytime he touches it on offense or turns the ball over. I would prefer to loose by 20 playing with heart and effort than watching selfish basketball and no effort on defense. I have said it many times in previous post that he needs to turn pro after the season. Matter fact the joke was on me when I said he needs to turn pro.
We can have different opinions. Maybe I misconstrued the tone of your original post. I read it more as a bashing than being sincere. I apologize for that. As far as the game, TL forces things because he has to. This team is so inept that he knows he has to score every time down. TL isn't the cause of our demise, he is a result of it. I feel really bad for his two years here. It should have gone differently.

Reaction Score
Larrier is a very good basketball player that came to UConn and had nothing but bad luck. Don't confuse talent/ability with a horrible offense.(coaching) As I said in another post, he is the best pro prospect on this roster, Jalen Adams included.
You must be his father. Thanks for choosing UCONN, sorry it didn't worked out. Good luck to y'all,

Reaction Score
If kids like Whaley or Carlton are leaving, then I don't know what to say, but... the grass certainly isn't always greener.

I will only be bummed if Jalen leaves.

Mass exodus? Ummmm, who are you talking about? Whaley? Carlton? Polley?

The grass is not always greener.

Reaction Score
You must be his father. Thanks for choosing UCONN, sorry it didn't worked out. Good luck to y'all,
I promise you I have no relation. In fact, I never even met the kid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Attitude reflects leadership, Jalen's next.
Don't make me laugh
Are you one who cried the blues when VJ and Enoch left?
Talk about the worst attitudes

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To call his UConn career "forgettable" is an insult to memory.

Together he and Purvis epitomized the KO era:
- initial recruiting failures
- over-hyped as transfers
- significant deficits in basketball IQ, skill (moreso Purvis), or toughness (moreso Larrier)
- poorly integrated in the team game

Hopefully Sid Wilson breaks the mold.

Nothing against Larrier personally (though unlike Purvis he never exactly made himself a fan favorite), but I'm not exactly saddened by the news.

RP and TL - the only thing they share is the fact they transferred to UConn

Reaction Score
Same thing was said about Purvis last year. And then we got this year's product. OOOOOOPPPPPSS!

And, for that matter, same thing was said about Deandre Daniels in February of 2014. He was crucified here in early February. The threads are still up.
the difference is that we were considered a tournament team with daniels "being crucified" and not with larrier . HUGE difference. we expected more from a player who was an x factor for this team (daniels) whereas larrier, who isn't considered that because we aren't sniffing any postseason. . he did nothing for the program unfortunately, and showed that with his utter selfishness. (if providing for the university in terms of basketball success is what you're getting at with the daniels threads)

Reaction Score
If kids like Whaley or Carlton are leaving, then I don't know what to say, but... the grass certainly isn't always greener.

For us or them?

Reaction Score

I 100% agree the grass is not always greener.
I truly hope they stay a few of them will be nice players as JR and Seniors

Reaction Score
I hear you can have a Ball in Lithuania!! Regardless of where the journey takes you, I wish you the best. Husky for life!

Reaction Score
Exactly, word has it, if KO is actually kept on for another year the fallout will be huge. Our best course of action is to let KO go and hopefully negotiate a reduced buyout. It's our only way forward

If this is true there is no way KO is retained. I bet its a done deal, KO is gone. We are 100% getting a new coach. Larrier going grad transfer is all the evidence I need.

All aboard the Hurley train, no doubt he is choice 1,2,and 3.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: A year ago we lost some Miller linked players, be prepared to lose some KO linked players now.

Another head scratcher. Did this dude ever play college basketball?

I wish him well, it just seems strange after the season that he had. The season after a knee injury I give a guy lots of benefit of the doubt. I don’t think you actually recover what you will until the year after. However, having said that, his turnovers and selfish offensive play made him tough to like as a BB player.

Perhaps in another system, he will find a role with a good point guard, who will give him the ball only in certain spots and situations. It’s probably fitting Larrier and KO leave together.

He's like a really bad version of Carmelo Anthony. His teams never won anything in the NBA either.

Reaction Score
You don’t think a P5 team who is a contender wouldn’t take a flyer on Larrier to fill a spot ?? I do

But why would Larrier take that risk? New system, year older, chance of re injury ... for him to do that would be a clear message of what he thinks of the current coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t catch and shoot require you to work hard off the ball. See the comments about Rip.

You do realize a team actually has to run an offense that features off-ball movement for that to take place, right? What's Larrier going to do, set a down screen for himself to come off? Instead, we run our 900th high ball screen of the game while three other players stand still.

We ran a few curls for Larrier throughout the season, where he caught the ball in motion about 15' from the hoop and good things happened as long as he didn't put the ball on the floor.

If JC asked Rip to be the primary ball-handler in PnR or told him to go stand in the corner while KEA ran high ball screens all day it'd have been a shitshow too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom