Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 450 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Memphis is naturally a MUCH better fit than us for the Big12 culturally, academically and geographically. Checks off the BBall check box enough, has a large tv market and football has been competitive. Larger capacity stadium closer to campus. But they don't have NYC... so we shall see how much the league (outside of Yormark) really cares about NYC and MSG. Memphis is generally on the same page as UCF who the BIG12 clearly values.
Memphis? How are they academically a better fit than we are?

Reaction Score
I'd love to know what we did to him. Is he that mad that we played Oklahoma in the fiesta bowl? I love how that gets held against us somehow. Like we forced our way into the game.
If by we you mean UConn, yes we did. UConn won that privilege fair and square. Which you of course know. But when that happened there was outrage and immediate calls for change. And change did happen shortly after. Maybe not root cause, but certainly a contributory cause.

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was quite that simple, but that wouldn't be surprising. As I've been saying, we're going to end up dealing with many similar attitudes if we join the conference.
You can be sure the fans will be fantastic and welcoming. Sure, they will have opinions but they're still offer you bbq at their tailgate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They better hope nothing happens to the ACC because the floor will crumble from beneath them and they'll have nowhere to go. Maybe they could beg the Big East to let them in, and if we're still a member it would be fun to vote no and reject them.
And of course that would be stupid as you already know.

Reaction Score
They better hope nothing happens to the ACC because the floor will crumble from beneath them and they'll have nowhere to go. Maybe they could beg the Big East to let them in, and if we're still a member it would be fun to vote no and reject them.
They wouldn’t be alone. ESPN would find a home for them likely.

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was quite that simple, but that wouldn't be surprising. As I've been saying, we're going to end up dealing with many similar attitudes if we join the conference.
Football is ls culture. How we think about football, enjoy football, talk about football is different here than there.

Journalists down south, and the older the more parochial, do not like sharing their sport with others.

Ever notice how much college football hates an underdog story? It’s weird.

Reaction Score
The four corner schools will all move or none will move. And nothing else will happen. Unfortunately, that's my prediction.

Reaction Score
Football is ls culture. How we think about football, enjoy football, talk about football is different here than there.

Journalists down south, and the older the more parochial, do not like sharing their sport with others.

Ever notice how much college football hates an underdog story? It’s weird.
Yeah it is weird. I honestly hate southern football culture and won't be looking forward to the constant down talking if we join the conference. People think I'm exaggerating and are giving me crap for pointing out the social and cultural differences. But they'll see if/when it happens.

Reaction Score
AZ got cold feet and backed out. Or something developed in the PAC12 media negotiations.
Also, could it be that maybe UC was using BIG12 threat as a "gentle" push to the PAC12 to get things done... that it was never going to really leave?

Reaction Score
If the PAC stays together, then the BIG 12 likely adds UConn and one other school. The Big 12 just visited Memphis, so it appears to be in play in case the western schools like San Diego State decide to join the PAC.

Reaction Score
Memphis new partner?
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer