Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 372 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
:D Yes, If we can build our attendance back up with the help of a competitive schedule or conference, things might change. Even still, in today’s dynamic a 40,000 seat stadium is a hindrance.
It can be expanded to 50,000 relatively easily. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ethics question? How can a reporter for the company responsible for much of this sheet show objectively report on this issue?
Huh? You think that people should be barred from reporting something because they or their employer has some interest in the matter being discussed?

Are you not allowed to say “Syracuse sucks” because UConn fans have an interest in Syracuse sucking?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Yep and that’s without using any of the space at the concourse. You could easily get another 2500+ there as well as we did with the temporary bleachers for the Michigan game.

Reaction Score
Huh? You think that people should be barred from reporting something because they or their employer has some interest in the matter being discussed?

Are you not allowed to say “Syracuse sucks” because UConn fans have an interest in Syracuse sucking?
In other words, if I am on the board of ESPN and let it slip at the car wash, that the carousel is in full swing and the attendant tells me that I have a good source, things are still heated, I can report that news. Not I am at the Ukrainian Lady and turn to the guy sitting next to me Cuse sucks. I’m surprised you didn’t come up with a better analogy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yep and that’s without using any of the space at the concourse. You could easily get another 2500+ there as well as we did with the temporary bleachers for the Michigan game.

Just keep wrapping it around the end zone and it becomes 15k-20k more. Evens up the sidelines on both ends and gives it a more classic horseshoe shape with beautiful downtown Hartford skyline through the other end zone.

1658163977070.png

Reaction Score

Expanding is easy. Stadiums have been expanded for decades. Thing is, it makes more sense to let this one run it's course and build a beauty, you know, on campus.
oy boy....

Reaction Score

Thanks. That would be great!

Reaction Score
Expanding is easy. Stadiums have been expanded for decades. Thing is, it makes more sense to let this one run it's course and build a beauty, you know, on campus.
oy boy....

Wasn’t it that the roads were inadequate to handle game day traffic and that there were problems getting town approvals which nixed that idea last time?

Reaction Score

I'd argue that the Big 12 is the one with more leverage, and especially when the 4 corners programs join them. But very revealing, nonetheless.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

I'd argue that the Big 12 is the one with more leverage, and especially when the 4 corners programs join them. But very revealing, nonetheless.

When are the 4 corners joining the Big12? Something tells me that if the Big10 or SEC don’t poach anybody else, they will stay.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wasn’t it that the roads were inadequate to handle game day traffic and that there were problems getting town approvals which nixed that idea last time?
Nope

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Almost everything about the Rent is ideal.

Great sightlines from nearly every seat in the house. Sufficient parking, even when we were filling the place. Reasonable access with highways in close proximity.

The drawbacks are a) it is not on campus (but I can argue that two decades ago we never could have drawn more than 20k-25k regularly in Storrs) and b) locals in East Hartford capped capacity (although this could be negotiated) at 55k.

The issues we have been facing for the past near decade are all the result of terrible leadership from the school as a whole and from the athletic department specifically. When Hathaway returned to take over for Lew, after seeing what we were drawing in the brand new Rent as a startup, his thoughts should have been "how soon can we plan Stadium expansion". Instead, he thought " we're at capacity already, I don't need to do anything here".

An achiever would have thought "if we can draw 40k today, we can build to 65k in 15 years, 75k in 25 years". Hathaway never thought that way.

CL82

Reaction Score
Almost everything about the Rent is ideal.

Great sightlines from nearly every seat in the house. Sufficient parking, even when we were filling the place. Reasonable access with highways in close proximity.

The drawbacks are a) it is not on campus (but I can argue that two decades ago we never could have drawn more than 20k-25k regularly in Storrs) and b) locals in East Hartford capped capacity (although this could be negotiated) at 55k.

The issues we have been facing for the past near decade are all the result of terrible leadership from the school as a whole and from the athletic department specifically. When Hathaway returned to take over for Lew, after seeing what we were drawing in the brand new Rent as a startup, his thoughts should have been "how soon can we plan Stadium expansion". Instead, he thought " we're at capacity already, I don't need to do anything here".

An achiever would have thought "if we can draw 40k today, we can build to 65k in 15 years, 75k in 25 years". Hathaway never thought that way.
Given that we could have comfortably fit the people who actually showed up to games at the end of the last year in Memorial Stadium, I’m going to say that I really don’t see the urgency for expansion of the Rent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom