Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 176 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Pitt has some tradition....has had 25 1st rounders...and old national "names" like Mark May, Tony Dorsett, Bill Fralic, Hugh Green, and Dan Marino.

Sometimes the memory still resonates even when the product fades.....and likewise, negative memories linger when the product has been upgraded from a less illustrious past.

I still have a difficult time thinking of Kia's as a higher quality car.

"Despite significant product quality gains, Hyundai and Kia find themselves in the unenviable position where consumer perception takes much longer to change than it does to evolve their product lines. According to the J.D. Power 2015 Avoider Study,SM 14% of new car shoppers avoid Hyundai and Kia vehicles due to a perception of poor quality. TheAvoider Study surveys buyers of new vehicles and asks them why they chose to avoid, reject, or purchase particular models. While 14% of new car shoppers avoid these Korean brands due to perceived quality issues, Kia ranks second and Hyundai fourth among 33 nameplates in the J.D. Power 2015 U.S. Initial Quality StudySM (IQS), which measures new-vehicle quality after 90 days of ownership."

You are stuck in the 1970s.

Do you even realize that was 40 years ago?

Reaction Score
You are stuck in the 1970s.

Do you even realize that was 40 years ago?

Yep...and it's been 60 years since Jim Brown pounded would be tacklers at Syracuse.

And yes...I watched Dan Marino, Mark May and Hugh Green play at Tallahassee in 1980. That team had four 1st rounders on it and we beat them for their only loss that season...they were end ranked #2.

Tradition lingers....sometimes past death (in the case of Syracuse and BC).

But I am with you...the far past is the far past.

Who wants to be a fan base who are akin to an aged spinster who tearfully fingers a desiccated corsage in a age browned album?

Saying that...I am still not ready to consider a KIA.

Reaction Score
Not unusual, billy boy probably has shoes that are north of 40 yrs old. He just needs to work some dated references out of his postings...

Ahhhh...the young have no appreciation for the existential questions.

Like..."Is it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved?"

Or...Is it better to have once been at the very pinnacle but to have fallen into mediocrity, than to have never been at the top and be mediocre.

Some theologians would define hell as "knowing of God" but being forever separated.

The younger Pitt fans have no such torment. Those innocent babes do not suffer the torment of knowledge.

Reaction Score
Ahhhh...the young have no appreciation for the existential questions.

Like..."Is it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved?"

Or...Is it better to have once been at the very pinnacle but to have fallen into mediocrity, than to have never been at the top and be mediocre.

Some theologians would define hell as "knowing of God" but being forever separated.

The younger Pitt fans have no such torment. Those innocent babes do not suffer the torment of knowledge.
Wow Billy
Shakespeare,Augustine ,and Freud references in the same post
Impressive

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did you guys know Rutgers invented football?
... well not really, since the game they played followed English 'football' Rules, but yeah.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dear Boneyard,

So sorry I referenced Pitt in my above post. I had no idea my simple jab would unleash this level of lunacy upon you.

Yours truly,

LD

My God man...don't say the name. It's like saying Voldemort. Just call them "the program that shall not be named, south". There is also an east and a north. They are all in your league and used to be in ours.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Any actual news?

I would love to talk about how many draft picks UConn has had in the last 10 years or whatever. But we're still in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 4h4 hours ago
Bowlsby also said he anticipates meeting of Big 12 board of governors either by phone or in-person to further discuss expansion in July.

At spring meetings in Irving, Big 12 presidents had requested more data on expansion from conference consultants.

@BYUScott Only thing I can tell you is that a lot of this is going to be driven by the data and what it says makes sense.

Alex Apyan ‏@AeroApe51 · 4h4 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @BYUScott do you mean *if* what the data says makes sense, or do you know the data makes sense?

Chuck Carlton‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@AeroApe51 @BYUScott Should be if, correct. Don't want to mislead.

Michael ‏@palmer4Cy · 4h4 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN Should be top football brands admitted instead of market correct? With no network?

@palmer4Cy My educated guess is that expansion would have to make sense academically, athletically and financially to the presidents.

Reaction Score
Bowlsby also said he anticipates meeting of Big 12 board of governors either by phone or in-person to further discuss expansion in July.

At spring meetings in Irving, Big 12 presidents had requested more data on expansion from conference consultants.

@BYUScott Only thing I can tell you is that a lot of this is going to be driven by the data and what it says makes sense.

Alex Apyan ‏@AeroApe51 · 4h4 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN @BYUScott do you mean *if* what the data says makes sense, or do you know the data makes sense?

@AeroApe51 @BYUScott Should be if, correct. Don't want to mislead.

Michael ‏@palmer4Cy · 4h4 hours ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN Should be top football brands admitted instead of market correct? With no network?

@palmer4Cy My educated guess is that expansion would have to make sense academically, athletically and financially to the presidents.

Prepare for CR rule 1 to be invoked again.
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if the Big 12 gave a rats ass about academics. The snooty ACC gave up on faking it about acadamics mattering and are now a laughingstock in terms of athletics and academics sharing a space at the same table.

I'm not holding my breath.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hope they don't expand. I fear our island of misfit toys becoming smaller with BYU and Cincy departing.

Reaction Score
I hope they don'tk expand. I fear our island of misfit toys becoming smaller with BYU and Cincy departing.
I still contend the BIG12 will add UCONN and Cincy as full members beginning with 2017-18......I can't see them adding BYU as a full member, and I do not believe they will offer them football only. I think the negatives for BYU are time zone, the altitude they play at, and their 24 year old red shirt freshmen.....I think they will hold a 5th Texas school against Houston. UCONN's state flagship status, academics, and over all athletic program will prevail in the end.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I still contend the BIG12 will add UCONN and Cincy as full members beginning with 2017-18.I can't see them adding BYU as a full member, and I do not believe they will offer them football only. I think the negatives for BYU are time zone, the altitude they play at, and their 24 year old red shirt freshmen.....I think they will hold a 5th Texas school against Houston. UCONN's state flagship status, academics, and over all athletic program will prevail in the end.
Dude, I want to believe you are right. Shamefully, my faith has waned some.

Reaction Score
I still contend the BIG12 will add UCONN and Cincy as full members beginning with 2017-18.I can't see them adding BYU as a full member, and I do not believe they will offer them football only. I think the negatives for BYU are time zone, the altitude they play at, and their 24 year old red shirt freshmen.....I think they will hold a 5th Texas school against Houston. UCONN's state flagship status, academics, and over all athletic program will prevail in the end.

I'd agree if not for the fact that our administration disagrees that we're contenders.

Reaction Score
I agree with you NYUConn. However, we must all take solace in the fact that the administration is positioning UConn for future acceptance, monitoring the situation closely, building new facilities, hoping to win championships in the AAC, reaching out to the ACC and B1G to see what needs to be done to make UConn acceptable to them, and counting on philanthropy to keep the whole thing afloat for the next decade or so when UConn may or may not be invited to a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
I agree with you NYUConn. However, we must all take solace in the fact that the administration is positioning UConn for future acceptance, monitoring the situation closely, building new facilities, hoping to win championships in the AAC, reaching out to the ACC and B1G to see what needs to be done to make UConn acceptable to them, and counting on philanthropy to keep the whole thing afloat for the next decade or so when UConn may or may not be invited to a P5 conference.

Oh totally.

I'm not saying the administration isn't doing whatever we can to find a new home, I'm just saying I'm not holding my breath on a Big 12 invite given the administration through various media reports seems to acknowledge it's a long shot.

Other signs show us positioning ourselves for a ACC or B1G invite at some point down the line.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if the Big 12 gave a rats ass about academics. The snooty ACC gave up on faking it about acadamics mattering and are now a laughingstock in terms of athletics and academics sharing a space at the same table.

I'm not holding my breath.

I tend to agree with this. If the B12 adds for academics, I would be shocked. It looks more and more like they will add just to be able to have even football scheduling for a championship game only. I don't see them adding for anything else other than football. Might even be two football-only members, like BYU and a FL directional (recruiting).

This is a dead conference walking...umm, no, limping its way to its inevitable Big East fate.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I tend to agree with this. If the B12 adds for academics, I would be shocked. It looks more and more like they will add just to be able to have even football scheduling for a championship game only. I don't see them adding for anything else other than football. Might even be two football-only members, like BYU and a FL directional (recruiting).

This is a dead conference walking...umm, no, limping its way to its inevitable Big East fate.

Just to day dream - adding UConn, BYU, Cincy and one of USF/UCF would make for a respectable conference. It won't happen, but it doesn't stop me from giving it some thought. Bringing UT and OK football to FL, the northeast and the mtn west on a regular basis might actually do quite a bit for TV ratings and university branding. Especially if the existing B12 members were to truly buy into the additions. Ultimately, staying bottled up in 1 state with four rural satellite states in not formula for long term success in the modern era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom