Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 143 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
View attachment 13482
Interesting considering Bowlsby is usually quiet about everything.

For Bowlsby to say anything, he had to get a wink and a nod specifically from the Longhorns. That bodes well since they seemed to be decidedly against expansion. In turn, TT and TCU will fall in behind Texas. I think we'll be ok and we deserve to be ok.

Reaction Score
View attachment 13493
B12 requires 8/10 votes to approve. Thinking its UT, TT and TCU currently anti.

I wonder who is against? Basically, everyone in the XII outside of Texas, Oklahoma and possibly Kansas and Oklahoma St. should be for it because without the XII, which will happen if the XII dos not expand and get a network in place, is dead and they will be in trouble. Maybe a few schools are holding out hope for FSU and Clemson? Maybe Oklahoma is now against any expansion as they want the conference to fail so that they can move onto the BIG or SEC? Maybe Kansas pulls a Syracuse and gets cold feet about a possible threat to their alpha position in XII basketball?

Reaction Score
So if this 7 of 10 is now true that's quite a swing - wonder if the smaller schools have had a Come To Jesus moment with the B1G contracts coming out.
If there is expansion it would be interesting to see what kind of extension is given as I'd imagine the Big 12 smaller schools want to run far from Delany's 6-year contract end date.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Majority not enough

It's believed seven of the 10 schools favor expansion. But Big 12 bylaws call for a super majority vote of 75 percent (so at least eight schools) to make a major change. Texas is believed to be influencing Texas Tech's and Texas Christian's decisions to also be reluctant to expansion.

Texas Tech has long fallen in line with Texas. Both are public universities that have been in the same league together since 1956, when they were in the Southwest Conference. Texas and Texas Tech were founding members of the Big 12 in 1996.

TCU is believed to be following Texas' lead because the conference's power broker reportedly helped the Horned Frogs get into the Big 12 four years ago.

Reaction Score
I wonder who is against? Basically, everyone in the XII outside of Texas, Oklahoma and possibly Kansas and Oklahoma St. should be for it because without the XII, which will happen if the XII dos not expand and get a network in place, is dead and they will be in trouble. Maybe a few schools are holding out hope for FSU and Clemson? Maybe Oklahoma is now against any expansion as they want the conference to fail so that they can move onto the BIG or SEC? Maybe Kansas pulls a Syracuse and gets cold feet about a possible threat to their alpha position in XII basketball?

As I said in another thread, there are quotes and actions to make me believe Texas really isn't as anti-expansion as they've been made out to be.

Now for hearsay and gossip.

I post on another forum (a Big 12 forum) with a poster who claims to be golfing buddies with the Kansas State AD. He claims K-State is anti-expansion because their coaches believe the current scheduling gives them easy travel and more manageable paths to championships.

And I really doubt the Cincinnati Enquirer's conjecture that TCU feels so obligated to Texas that they're willing to defer their every decision to Texas' wishes.

So the former TCU AD got the former Texas AD drunk and TCU was voted into the Big 12?

Texas and TCU have had a long and acrimonious relationship. Don't forget Texas, Baylor, A&M and Tech all abandoned the old SWC and TCU with it back in 1996, thus dooming the Horned Frogs to 16 years of mid-major hell.

I imagine TCU wouldn't mind sticking it to Texas, Baylor and Tech anytime they can.

Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 3h3 hours ago
Hmm. Something tells me Big 12's next move will be to add 2 teams, go to an 8-gm schedule & stage a title game.

Alex Apyan ‏@AeroApe51 · 3h3 hours ago
@johnehoover @dennisdoddcbs who's your money on these days John?

John E. Hoover Verified account 
‏@johnehoover
@AeroApe51 @dennisdoddcbs UConn making a big push. Cincy too. Still BYU. Probably in that order.

John E. HooverVerified account
@johnehoover
Co-host of Further Review w Hoover & Rew on The Franchise Tulsa ... Columnist at http://TheFranchiseOK.com ... Listen at am1270/fm107.9 in Tulsa, fm107.7 in OKC

Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 3h3 hours ago
Hmm. Something tells me Big 12's next move will be to add 2 teams, go to an 8-gm schedule & stage a title game.

Alex Apyan ‏@AeroApe51 · 3h3 hours ago
@johnehoover @dennisdoddcbs who's your money on these days John?

John E. Hoover Verified account 
‏@johnehoover
@AeroApe51 @dennisdoddcbs UConn making a big push. Cincy too. Still BYU. Probably in that order.

John E. HooverVerified account
@johnehoover
Co-host of Further Review w Hoover & Rew on The Franchise Tulsa ... Columnist at http://TheFranchiseOK.com ... Listen at am1270/fm107.9 in Tulsa, fm107.7 in OKC

Wait, so the order is UConn and Cincy 1/2 but BYU is still in?
2-2-fish-snapes-family-and-friends-32653170-500-374.jpg

junglehusky

Reaction Score

Maybe this is right, or maybe the survival of the league beyond 10 years might influence how they vote. Who knows.

Reaction Score
jacobscourant2:29pm via Twitter Web Client
Getting number of tweets/emails about UConn and Big 12: Talked to the highest sources in Storrs other day. They remain in holding pattern.

jacobscourant2:32pm via Twitter Web Client
It's up to Big 12. UConn believes it has learned the line between being letting its positives be known to Big 12 & publicly begging.

jacobscourant2:37pm via Twitter Web Client
This is UConn's pivate take: Power 5 conferences expand now for national not regional footprint. With NY, this can work to UConn advantage.

jacobscourant2:38pm via Twitter Web Client
Just remember it's those Big 12 presidents doing the picking. They're the ones with the power.

Reaction Score
Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Since March, B12 ADs have seen scheduling models for future that include 8 and 9 conf games and a 16 team league.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 54m54 minutes ago
Dezy Hume Retweeted Dennis Dodd

Then isn't that a public record? @MattSBN @Jake_Trotter @ChuckCarltonDMN

Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@DezyHume Big 12 not covered on open meeting requests, has been careful not to e-mail presentations or documents to members.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 14m14 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN how did they get the research then? Physical copies are also a public record once they hit campus.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 8m8 minutes ago
@DezyHume ADs got briefed on preliminary info at Big 12 meeting in Dallas. Nothing sent to campus yet and probably won't for a while.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 6m6 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN gotcha. Didn't realize they met since the research was in.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 4m4 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN however, I'm not buying it. I'm sure somebody has something.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 18m18 minutes ago
Clarification: Big 12 football coaches and ADs will get the Navigate Research schedule presentation in joint meeting Wednesday.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Since March, B12 ADs have seen scheduling models for future that include 8 and 9 conf games and a 16 team league.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 54m54 minutes ago
Dezy Hume Retweeted Dennis Dodd

Then isn't that a public record? @MattSBN @Jake_Trotter @ChuckCarltonDMN

Chuck CarltonVerified account‏@ChuckCarltonDMN
@DezyHume Big 12 not covered on open meeting requests, has been careful not to e-mail presentations or documents to members.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 14m14 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN how did they get the research then? Physical copies are also a public record once they hit campus.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 8m8 minutes ago
@DezyHume ADs got briefed on preliminary info at Big 12 meeting in Dallas. Nothing sent to campus yet and probably won't for a while.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 6m6 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN gotcha. Didn't realize they met since the research was in.

Dezy Hume ‏@DezyHume 4m4 minutes ago
@ChuckCarltonDMN however, I'm not buying it. I'm sure somebody has something.

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 18m18 minutes ago
Clarification: Big 12 football coaches and ADs will get the Navigate Research schedule presentation in joint meeting Wednesday.

Public record or no, schools will just ignore FOI requests for as long as they can if they get one for something they don't want to release.

Reaction Score
I could live with it...if the ACC split

BIG 18 East

FSU
Miami
Clemson
Louisville
VT
West Virginia
UNC
Duke
Pitt

BIG 18 West

Texas
Oklahoma
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Iowa State

You could switch UConn for Pitt and I'd still be happy

Reaction Score
Two round robins and div. champs meet in a CCG....great east vs west story lines

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I could live with it...if the ACC split

BIG 18 East

FSU
Miami
Clemson
Louisville
VT
West Virginia
UNC
Duke
Pitt

BIG 18 West

Texas
Oklahoma
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Iowa State

You could switch UConn for Pitt and I'd still be happy

Why not just put us in your damn fantasy conference in the first place then?!

Reaction Score
Why not just put us in your damn fantasy conference in the first place then?!

I said that I could see them as interchangeable.....it's always easier to list current conference members first over a team that you have never played.

Reaction Score
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 3h3 hours ago
University of Memphis lobbies for possible Big 12 expansion spot http://usat.ly/26Qf1ab via @usatoday

Tim Brando Verified account 
‏@TimBrando
@DanWolken @USATODAY Very foolish IMO. The American Athletic Conference has upside,and more $ than others outside the so called Autonomous 5

@TimBrando Even though it’s clearly been the best of the Group of Five, school in the American would kill to go to the Big 12 right now.

Dan Wolken Verified account 
‏@DanWolken
@TimBrando I should say *every* school in the American would kill for a Big 12 invite right now.

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · 3h3 hours ago
.@DanWolken It won't happen. The only school that makes financial sense for the BIG12 is BYU,and there scheduling issues are sadly a problem

@TimBrando I too am skeptical they will actually expand

@DanWolken Schools in the AAC had better understand how good they've got it. West Virginia was a reach, and Memphis, UCONN, Cinn. are too.

Grumpy Tim ‏@T_E_Conroy · 1h1 hour ago
@TimBrando @DanWolken how exactly do UConn and Cinci "have it well" in the AAC?

‏@TimBrando @T_E_Conroy @DanWolken NOT a comparison to Power 5, but others in the Group of 5.The Group of 5 should collaborate and make a better TV deal

Reaction Score
Sources tell me the ACC Network (long anticipated)may happen sooner than some expect. Keeping an eye on Notre Dame. BIG10 remains an option

Eric Michael Weiss ‏@EricHoudini12 · 2h2 hours ago
@TimBrando what about the grant of rights? ACC would get all of ND's TV money if they bolt

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · 2h2 hours ago
.@EricHoudini12 yeah it's an issue but not the kind that gets in the way of what could be MAJOR realignment that impacts with REALLY BIG $.

Eric Michael Weiss ‏@EricHoudini12 · 2h2 hours ago
@TimBrando the next question would be why bolt to big 10 now after going to ACC? Why not have gone to big 10 in first place?

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando · 2h2 hours ago
.@EricHoudini12 are you unaware of the new deal they just got? 250 million per year thru beginning in 2017. That's only half their package.

Jeff Bacheler ‏@jbach2121 · 2h2 hours ago
@joeovies @TimBrando ND's halfway through the ACC door - can't see them turning around at this point to go to the B1G...

‏@TimBrando @jbach2121 @joeovies Nor do I. In simply reporting what I'm told is happening. There are options and concerns.An ACC/NET solves some issues

Reaction Score
Tim Brando and Mike Aresco are friends I believe. Even still Brando sounds stupid with those comments. "How good uconn has it", with less money and less access than when they were in the Big East? G5 should come together and negotiate a better TV deals? Sounds stupid.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 3h3 hours ago
Memphis makes its lobbying pitch for Big 12 membership (via the @memphisnews).
http://www.commercialappeal.com/spo...possible-Big-12-expansion-spot-377975011.html

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 3h3 hours ago
Big 12's Bob Bowlsby on members' positions on big issues facing league: "I think for the most part those positions aren’t established yet."

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 8m8 minutes ago
Bob Bowlsby on his advice to Big 12 members: “If they ask me, ‘Should we let this linger on another six months,’ I’ll say definitely no.”

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 6m6 minutes ago
TCU's Gary Patterson on Big 12 issues: “Whatever it takes for our conference to make sure we’re not disadvantaged."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom