Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 894 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Slap gets it. Also, mayor of west hartford is Shari cantor who is on the BOT. Big UConn Athletics fan.
As is her husband, Mike, who is also a UConn grad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis.
I know it's a joke, but we're trying to join them, not the other way around. So insulting them doesn't make much sense. The whole "we're better than you" attitude doesn't play well elsewhere and hasn't been accurate in our lifetimes, if it ever was.

Just curious whether anyone who visited KC/Lawrence for the first time last November had any perceptions changed by the trip? Does it make you more or less likely to support a move to the Big XII.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know it's a joke, but we're trying to join them, not the other way around. So insulting them doesn't make much sense. The whole "we're better than you" attitude doesn't play well elsewhere and hasn't been accurate in our lifetimes, if it ever was.

Just curious whether anyone who visited KC/Lawrence for the first time last November had any perceptions changed by the trip? Does it make you more or less likely to support a move to the Big XII.

We are better than them.

Reaction Score
Article rife with wrongness.

These Big East writers are terrified UConn will abandon them.

As if we had a choice in the matter.

Love how the Big East people continue the false narrative that UConn and others “left” the Big East.

IMG_5443.jpeg

Reaction Score

Do you REALLY think anything written here (even something that innocuous) would have ANY impact on us being invited?????

Reaction Score
I don't know where the idea came from that this was going to get done quick. It's been in the works for months, and they still have to make it right with Fox.
From Mark Zanetto who has a UConn podcast. He broke the story, said UConn had the votes and it was imminent. He doubled down on the imminent but has now backed off it being imminent.

Reaction Score
Slap gets it. Also, mayor of west hartford is Shari cantor who is on the BOT. Big UConn Athletics fan.
Slap gets my vote. Lol. He has a portion of Farmington too.

Ritter…this will mean less wasted tax payer money over the course of next 10-15 years. Stop with any other thought about college athletics, if this is who we want to be, upfront costs, and don’t try and be an athletic director .

Reaction Score
I don't know where the idea came from that this was going to get done quick. It's been in the works for months, and they still have to make it right with Fox.

It came from a podcaster who had a source saying that this was “imminent”.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Do you REALLY think anything written here (even something that innocuous) would have ANY impact on us being invited?????
Of course not.
No but people here whine about how/why they don't like us. It should be pretty damn clear why they don't like us.
This is exactly it. Other fans do read this stuff and it doesn't help.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Beginning to feel like this is the Colorado/B12 scenario all over again. We were essentially the "fill in" if the B12 was only able to get an odd number of teams for expansion last time. At the time, it was if they were only able to get Colorado, then UConn would be the pair with Colorado for expansion. When the P12 disintegrated, it then became UConn would be the fill in if they were only able to get 3 of the 4 P12 teams. But once they got the 4 P12 schools, UConn was out.

Feeling like a similar situation here. B12 is doing their due diligence again preparing for the potential of FSU reaching a deal with the ACC and being available and vetting UConn as the pair to add if FSU came onboard so that the B12 can act quick. But that only works if the rest of the ACC stays--which once the damn breaks with ACC GOR, we all know it will implode quickly. So unfortunately UConn is "vetted" by the B12 just in case they need a fill in...but if the FSU negotiated settlement with the ACC is complete, then it is likely that the ACC implodes and the B12 adds 4-6 teams from the ACC and we are again left out yet again.

Starting to feel all too familiar.

Reaction Score
Bob Thompson@rltsports
Principal, Thompson Sports Group LLC. a sports and media consulting firm. Former Fox Sports executive and BTN co-founder.

Reaction Score
Twitter has been a cesspool for years. Most of the posts aren't even real. You're acting like the attitude doesn't go both ways.
All the people I'm talking about are real. They are big supporters of the program, they have spaces shows, and go to UConn events. They make us look really bad and from what I've seen it's mostly one-sided.

I'm not acting like anything. People from around the country say nasty things about each other based on geography. I'm talking about the nasty things UConn fans say about people from other parts of the country because this is a UConn community and we're trying to get into a conference that largely represents a part of the country some of our fanbase throws verbal bombs at routinely.

Reaction Score
All the people I'm talking about are real. They are big supporters of the program, they have spaces shows, and go to UConn events. They make us look really bad and from what I've seen it's mostly one-sided.

I'm not acting like anything. People from around the country say nasty things about each other based on geography. I'm talking about the nasty things UConn fans say about people from other parts of the country because this is a UConn community and we're trying to get into a conference that largely represents a part of the country some of our fanbase throws verbal bombs at routinely.
Oh my gosh they have spaces??? They're super big time then!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom