Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 893 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand the assumption that yormark still has the votes when it was just reported that the unofficial vote was 6-2 and at least a couple schools still needed convincing. Otherwise the latest intel would be along the lines of “yormark still has the votes…”
Possible alternative consideration: After Big 12 presidents potentially just received media details, Endeavor’s reports, more information from UConn, etc, why would anyone reasonably believe undocumented rumors to be accurate? Alternatively, what’s the likelihood no university presidents would be compelled to share important updates with their respective board of trustees before any formal votes would occur? Bit early in the process? To be determined.

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand the assumption that yormark still has the votes when it was just reported that the unofficial vote was 6-2 and at least a couple schools still needed convincing. Otherwise wouldn’t the latest intel be along the lines of “yormark still has the votes…”
That wasn't an "unofficial" vote. Dodd got info about 8 schools.
6 Yes 2 No

He doesn't know about the other 8 schools. If he did, he would have put it in the story.

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand the assumption that yormark still has the votes when it was just reported that the unofficial vote was 6-2 and at least a couple schools still needed convincing. Otherwise wouldn’t the latest intel be along the lines of “yormark still has the votes…”
It seems he's never had the votes to begin with. He's trying to persuade them

Reaction Score
This feels illegal but it's probably not. It's surely a conflict of interest.
The loss of UConn on its channels really hurts espn hoops credibility.

They do not have the most storied name in women’s basketball on its channel nearly as much anymore. And, they literally embarrassed themselves on hoops coverage when they all acknowledge the best team in the country and sport, a historic dynasty, isn’t on their channel after December.

ESPN men’s hoops coverage been cringeworthy with no UConn, Villanova, Marquette and creighton.

It’s gonna be the Paige bueckers year for women’s hoops, and they don’t have much access to Paige.

I think espn desperately wants the men’s and women’s product back on their network.

Especially if Hurley keeps UConn top 10.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Also the two no votes…guarantee one is Oklahoma State and other is TCU?

Thst would be my guess.
I would almost certainly bet the other no is Utah given their vocal displeasure with joining and wanting to be in as strong of a football league as possible

None of the people are still there likely but TCU did receive a UConn vote and support to join the Big East 15 years ago. Not exactly shocking to imagine them being supportive of us joining this go round.

Reaction Score
Okie really is one of those schools that is tied to being southwest football culturally.
If you've ever been to Stillwater, you would sympathize with those poor people. This is all they have. By the way, the water is not still in Stillwater. But there's still some water left there. And that's how it got its name.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bingo- the concern is the lack of big time athletics donors/fundraising (which is something UConn has struggled with for years). Relying on the state to fund improvements to facilities (look at how long its taken to do anything at The Rent, XL, Gampel as an example) rather than a large base of donors is one of many things that highlight the existing issue, along with the lack of initiative related to NIL and low fundraising amount as it relates to football.

I would hope as part of the presentation, AD David Benedict has a list of high end donors willing to step up with multi-year commitments once it becomes official.
Except UConn actually has excellent NIL for basketball And reasonably good NIL for football.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Except UConn actually has excellent NIL for basketball And reasonably good NIL for football.
Reasonably good would depend who you are comparing us to. Football funding is the issue here.

CL82

Reaction Score
Reasonably good would depend who you are comparing us to. Football funding is the issue here.
Look at the portal class we have this year. We are able to compete with P4 schools.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
That wasn't an "unofficial" vote. Dodd got info about 8 schools.
6 Yes 2 No
The fact that two B12 schools went "on the record" as NO votes is not a good sign.

Pair that with the fact that this was leaked to the media just before the presentation from the consultants, and it feels like Yormark's UConn expansion is being sabotaged from within.

My guess is if this is not finalized and voted on by this Friday, it is dead in the water.

Reaction Score
The fact that two B12 schools went "on the record" as NO votes is not a good sign.

Pair that with the fact that this was leaked to the media just before the presentation from the consultants, and it feels like Yormark's UConn expansion is being sabotaged from within.

My guess is if this is not finalized and voted on by this Friday, it is dead in the water.
I think your reading to much into this

CL82

Reaction Score
Saw an article on espn that said Ohio st spent 20 M on nil for fb. That’s crazy
It's all insanity at this point. Amazingly, we seem to be managing it.

Reaction Score

No Big 12 schools went on the record as NO votes.

Reaction Score
Sen. Derek Slap, D-West Hartford, who co-chairs the legislature's Higher Education Committee, said the state should do whatever it can to facilitate UConn jumping to the Big 12, including if that means extra money for exit and entrance fees or stadium upgrades

Slap gets it. Also, mayor of west hartford is Shari cantor who is on the BOT. Big UConn Athletics fan.

Reaction Score
The loss of UConn on its channels really hurts espn hoops credibility.

I'm sure they would also like to take another sh
Sen. Derek Slap, D-West Hartford, who co-chairs the legislature's Higher Education Committee, said the state should do whatever it can to facilitate UConn jumping to the Big 12, including if that means extra money for exit and entrance fees or stadium upgrades

Entrance fees? Not surprised that is a thing, but I don't think that has been mentioned yet.

CL82

Reaction Score
You have to like seeing that. Trying to read the tea leaves on the phrase "stadium upgrades" does that mean that he's locked into upgrading the Rent, or would building a new stadium on campus be an upgrade?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom