Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 895 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I didn't say that, you're the one pretending they aren't real.
I'm not saying theyre not real. I'm saying that they're posting on a platform where the majority of posts aren't even real. It's an unserious place for unserious people to spend their time

Reaction Score
I'm not saying theyre not real. I'm saying that they're posting on a platform where the majority of posts aren't even real. It's an unserious place for unserious people to spend their time
Again with the not real? They're real people who are really making those posts. Sure, I highly doubt they would go on live television and say the vile things they say behind a keyboard. I would imagine the same for the FSU board fans you brought up and for people posting on this forum.

Reaction Score
Beginning to feel like this is the Colorado/B12 scenario all over again. We were essentially the "fill in" if the B12 was only able to get an odd number of teams for expansion last time. At the time, it was if they were only able to get Colorado, then UConn would be the pair with Colorado for expansion. When the P12 disintegrated, it then became UConn would be the fill in if they were only able to get 3 of the 4 P12 teams. But once they got the 4 P12 schools, UConn was out.

Feeling like a similar situation here. B12 is doing their due diligence again preparing for the potential of FSU reaching a deal with the ACC and being available and vetting UConn as the pair to add if FSU came onboard so that the B12 can act quick. But that only works if the rest of the ACC stays--which once the damn breaks with ACC GOR, we all know it will implode quickly. So unfortunately UConn is "vetted" by the B12 just in case they need a fill in...but if the FSU negotiated settlement with the ACC is complete, then it is likely that the ACC implodes and the B12 adds 4-6 teams from the ACC and we are again left out yet again.

Starting to feel all too familiar.
I have those thoughts on some level, too. Or maybe it's just my Conference Realignment PTSD, I don't know. I am not a lawyer, but we all should be hoping that the ACC GOR is ironclad. But even with that GOR, ESPN has an out clause, if I am not mistaken, in year 2027 and they are most likely going to exercise it because the 1) ACC does not have a lot of interest in comparison to the other P conferences and 2) ESPNs payments to the ACC are increasing as time goes on and ESPN would rather save that money and not spend it on a conference that is perceived to be lacking interest in comparison to the B1G, SEC, and Big 12. That is why I want UConn to get the Big 12 invite now.

Reaction Score
I have those thoughts on some level, too. Or maybe it's just my Conference Realignment PTSD, I don't know. I am not a lawyer, but we all should be be hoping that the ACC GOR is ironclad. But even with that GOR, ESPN has an out clause, if I am not mistaken, in year 2027 and they are most likely going to exercise it because the 1) ACC does not have a lot of interest in comparison to the other P conferences and 2) ESPNs payments to the ACC are increasing as time goes on. That is why I want UConn to get the Big 12 invite now.
As you noted UConn needs the Big12 invite NOW, but a bit ago you mentioned this is going to take a while.... so doesn't that suggest "now" is out of the question? So what conclusion can one draw based on that logic?

Reaction Score
As you noted UConn needs the Big12 invite NOW, but a bit ago you mentioned this is going to take a while.... so doesn't that suggest "now" is out of the question? So what conclusion can one draw based on that logic?
I hope "now" is not out of the question. By "taking time", I am hoping this happens before Saturday if not today or tomorrow. But this might take a week or a few weeks. The UConn fan in me wants this invite very soon, but the impartial side of me says this might take some time.

Reaction Score
Forde-Yard dash - here is another writer who likes to change history. "The “home” football stadium isn’t even in Storrs; it’s in East Hartford. Getting fans (especially students) to travel that far was hard enough when the team was good—and it hasn’t been good in ages." I was there when the team was good. The stadium was filled to capacity. The student sections were full to the point where I had to move my seats to make room for a bigger student section. I went to every game until 2008 when I moved to Arizona for my wife's health. To say it was hard to get people to games is just wrong. If they get into the Big 12 I am willing to bet that the fans will return.

Reaction Score
Forde-Yard dash - here is another writer who likes to change history. "The “home” football stadium isn’t even in Storrs; it’s in East Hartford. Getting fans (especially students) to travel that far was hard enough when the team was good—and it hasn’t been good in ages." I was there when the team was good. The stadium was filled to capacity. The student sections were full to the point where I had to move my seats to make room for a bigger student section. I went to every game until 2008 when I moved to Arizona for my wife's health. To say it was hard to get people to games is just wrong. If they get into the Big 12 I am willing to bet that the fans will return.
You are correct. For games like WVA the Rent was full and hoping. For Michigan they had to put temporary bleachers in one end zone. The stadium was build with foundations to expand it.
For all of those with the death wish of having the stadium in Storrs, you are ignoring the fact that fans from Stamford and even Hartford suburbs are just not going to Storrs to sit in endless traffic delays.

Reaction Score
Beginning to feel like this is the Colorado/B12 scenario all over again. We were essentially the "fill in" if the B12 was only able to get an odd number of teams for expansion last time. At the time, it was if they were only able to get Colorado, then UConn would be the pair with Colorado for expansion. When the P12 disintegrated, it then became UConn would be the fill in if they were only able to get 3 of the 4 P12 teams. But once they got the 4 P12 schools, UConn was out.

Feeling like a similar situation here. B12 is doing their due diligence again preparing for the potential of FSU reaching a deal with the ACC and being available and vetting UConn as the pair to add if FSU came onboard so that the B12 can act quick. But that only works if the rest of the ACC stays--which once the damn breaks with ACC GOR, we all know it will implode quickly. So unfortunately UConn is "vetted" by the B12 just in case they need a fill in...but if the FSU negotiated settlement with the ACC is complete, then it is likely that the ACC implodes and the B12 adds 4-6 teams from the ACC and we are again left out yet again.

Starting to feel all too familiar.
UConn is always being vetted where others it’s like “come on in” Guess its better than not being considered although the results are the same. I love the UConn underdog mentality.

Reaction Score
You are correct. For games like WVA the Rent was full and hoping. For Michigan they had to put temporary bleachers in one end zone. The stadium was build with foundations to expand it.
For all of those with the death wish of having the stadium in Storrs, you are ignoring the fact that fans from Stamford and even Hartford suburbs are just not going to Storrs to sit in endless traffic delays.
But, you have an in-built fanbase of 15k in Storrs. So you need 20k to travel.

Reaction Score
But, you have an in-built fanbase of 15k in Storrs. So you need 20k to travel.
Those 15k kids would turn into 20k when their friends from home and other schools show up to tailgate and go to a game!!

How many people are employed at UConn-Storrs within a 25 min drive? My friend works for Dining Services, her husband Employee season ticket discounts. A bunch.

Die hard do what I need to do to go to a game fans. How many season tix we have last year. At least them.

Has anyone been to Penn St Football? Do you know how far those "hometown fans" need to travel to get to the Happy Valley? I was an hour away i Lewisburg. The locals bar was the Towne Tavern(great black diamond steak $11 1984.) Had some Rutgers friends come out for the PSU-Rutty game in '83 or4, saw the Towne Tavern owners in the parking lot, RV, TV, Living Room furniture, they'd been there since Wed for a Saturday game. Half never went inside.

No, we aren't 107,000 Penn St fans in Beaver, but we certainly could be 50 in Storrrs. Build it and they will come, win and more will come.

We just need to get our foot BACK in the door.

Reaction Score

-> "Obviously there is an enormous realignment of these leagues and you don't want to be left behind," Lamont said. "I understand where they are coming from there. TV revenues are important as well. I think I'm going to rely upon Dave (Benedict) to do the right thing." <-

-> UConn would reportedly be expected to upgrade and invest in the football program before the team competes in the Big 12.

"I think that UConn’s got to set its priorities. They have one of the biggest grants per capita of any state university in the country," Lamont said. "So rather than ask the taxpayers to do a little bit more ... but let me see what the proposal is coming in, there may be a private/public partnership that makes some sense in this, as well." <-

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"I think that UConn’s got to set its priorities. They have one of the biggest grants per capita of any state university in the country," Lamont said. "So rather than ask the taxpayers to do a little bit more ... but let me see what the proposal is coming in, there may be a private/public partnership that makes some sense in this, as well." <-
Translation: The state is not going to buy UConn another stadium.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

-> "Obviously there is an enormous realignment of these leagues and you don't want to be left behind," Lamont said. "I understand where they are coming from there. TV revenues are important as well. I think I'm going to rely upon Dave (Benedict) to do the right thing." <-

-> UConn would reportedly be expected to upgrade and invest in the football program before the team competes in the Big 12.

Lamont was (asked) about UConn competing in a league with football powers.

"Yeah, why not?" he said. "Think of what the energy that would be. Look, we’ve got a great coach there. I expect big things from the team this year and they expect big things from themselves."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Will they sit there if the traffic delays aren't endless? Just wondering.

(For what it's worth, I think he just called Stamford and Hartford fans "casuals".)

Reaction Score

for @nelsonmuntz
We are at the “ where UConn cant do what is financially in their best interest portion of the expansion talk”

UConn, I swear, is treated like Notre Dame in this regard.

UCLA leaving PAC-6? Nothing .

SMU to the ACC along with Stanford! What a great job by SMU to be relevant, what a job .

UConn trying to keep its athletic department with peer institutions so it can maximize revenue and long term compete? WHY MUST THEY RUIN WHAT THEY ARE GOOD AT.

Reaction Score
Translation: The state is not going to buy UConn another stadium.
Nor should they. UConn can build its stadium, the university and AD department can take the debt. But, it isn’t gonna be run outside of the University.

A big issue with revenue for UConn is, in the immortal words of Warde Manuel “I am just a tenant”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom