Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 897 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
But it is completely misinformed. Even if you only care about the Basketball Program (which is idiotic, but that is a separate issue), then you have to make the move to the B12. You can be disappointed that it has gotten to the point it has, that is fine. But saying "we don't need to make the change because we are have proven we can be successful in the Big East" is ignorant to what is going to happen to College Athletics in the next 5 years.

It is akin to the Blockbuster BOD laughing Netflix out to the boardroom in the year 2000 when they could have bought them for $50MM. Blockbuster laughed them out of the room as they thought "we own 90% of the movie rental business and own the industry. We don't need the online capabilities of Netflix as we can just dominate them out of the market". We all know how that turned out.

The entire landscape of college athletics is going change in over the next 5 years. If we do not make this B12 move now, then we will become irrelevant as an Athletic Department in 15 years. While we may not be excited that we have gotten tot his point, it is the reality and we must adjust or die. Let's not be arrogant and end up like Blockbuster! :)
Facts!

Reaction Score
Even if you only care about the Basketball Program (which is idiotic, but that is a separate issue), then you have to make the move to the B12.
1724873074378.gif

Reaction Score
Have we ever had another conference commissioner pulling for us like this? It will be very demoralizing if we can't get in with this kind of support.
At the end of the day this is it, right? At least we know that. We're never getting into the Big 10 or SEC, and we have the Big 12 commissioner going to bat for us with university presidents who owe him one after how well he did following the Pac 12 implosion. And we're coming off of back to back national championships with the highest profile coach in college basketball.

If we can't get in here, it's either stay where we are and kill football or join the remains of the ACC when it starts to fall apart. Neither are viable solutions long term and in my opinion we may as well stay in the Big East and get comfortable.

Reaction Score
I believe the B1G is watching, not necessarily with interest, but with curiosity(I guess thats interest) The people in those seats don't get there by leaving any stones unturned. Should Mora and the Pigskin men hit it out of the park this year, eyebrows will be raised in all the right places. I doubt there is anything we could possibly do for the SEC no matter how far we come.

Reaction Score
I believe the B1G is watching, not necessarily with interest, but with curiosity(I guess thats interest) The people in those seats don't get there by leaving any stones unturned. Should Mora and the Pigskin men hit it out of the park this year, eyebrows will be raised in all the right places. I doubt there is anything we could possibly do for the SEC no matter how far we come
Ok pump the breaks, AllHusky.

Reaction Score
I believe the B1G is watching, not necessarily with interest, but with curiosity(I guess thats interest) The people in those seats don't get there by leaving any stones unturned. Should Mora and the Pigskin men hit it out of the park this year, eyebrows will be raised in all the right places. I doubt there is anything we could possibly do for the SEC no matter how far we come.
Why? If Fox doesn't want to pay us more in the Big 12 vs the Big East, why would they want to pay even more in the B1G?

Reaction Score
Why? If Fox doesn't want to pay us more in the Big 12 vs the Big East, why would they want to pay even more in the B1G?
Do you believe that the Big Ten itself has no input, only Fox? Extrapolating Yormarks belief that hoops in undervalued, the B1G may have more interest in jacking up the Basketball end of things than the B12. Yeah it’s quite a stretch, but these folks always are looking for where a buck might come from.

Reaction Score
Do you believe that the Big Ten itself has no input, only Fox? Extrapolating Yormarks belief that hoops in undervalued, the B1G may have more interest in jacking up the Basketball end of things than the B12. Yeah it’s quite a stretch, but these folks always are looking for where a buck might come from.
We just need our foot in the door.

Reaction Score
there is no way on this earth that the B10 has any interest in UConn.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day this is it, right? At least we know that. We're never getting into the Big 10 or SEC, and we have the Big 12 commissioner going to bat for us with university presidents who owe him one after how well he did following the Pac 12 implosion. And we're coming off of back to back national championships with the highest profile coach in college basketball.

If we can't get in here, it's either stay where we are and kill football or join the remains of the ACC when it starts to fall apart. Neither are viable solutions long term and in my opinion we may as well stay in the Big East and get comfortable.
Sad to hear and you’re probably correct. If nothing happens here it’s time to take our football back and slink home.

Unfortunately Mom won’t have tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches for us.

Maybe the governor will give us all a big bottle of our favorite beverage.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Big 10 just added 4 west coast schools and have Rutgers for NYC access and easy football wins for the rest of conference. I’d honestly say the SEC or the AFC East are more likely to come calling.

Reaction Score
The Big 10 just added 4 west coast schools and have Rutgers for NYC access and easy football wins for the rest of conference. I’d honestly say the SEC or the AFC East are more likely to come calling.
Let’s see if we can raise their FB eyebrows just a little bit. If we can’t then you and the mighty Patman are absolutely right. It’s an easy stance to take, like betting on the sun rising.

I got to UConn in the mid 80’s, went to school elsewhere. If you had asked me then to bet on how many National Championships we’d have in M&W hoops by now, I’d have laughed too.

I’d prefer to ask what is the best scenario for us and see what it would take to attain that.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
if we have a solid season this year in football I think consideration would go up considerably (haha), I think these conversations will be a thing for a lot longer than we want.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sad to hear and you’re probably correct. If nothing happens here it’s time to take our football back and slink home.

Unfortunately Mom won’t have tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches for us.

Maybe the governor will give us all a big bottle of our favorite beverage.
Don’t forget 7th place ribbons.

Reaction Score
Earlier this summer before we got involved with B12 3.0, I posted a timeline and aggressive but doable actions to achieve consistent top 20 rankings, and have a shot at the playoffs( as an independent. That timeline was in the 15-20 year range. Can we sustain those efforts without a P? Invite? Whew, tough. With one, no problem.

Point is, one season is not going to do it, 10 is the minimum “buy in”. Doable? Yes. Probable?

Go Huskies!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom