Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 853 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Why would the B1G want a school in a state with less people than CT?
I doubt the B1G wants UT, but if UT has any appeal it's because it is a rapidly growing state. It will have more people than CT within 5 years.

The BiG focus is on digesting the PAC entrants and the ACC possibilities.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
PAC 12 schools don’t want to be in a cornpone truck stop conference. They used to play in LA, now they play in Manhattan.

That may be the best post you have made in 20+ years of posting on the Boneyard. I can't stop laughing.

Reaction Score
Why would ACC go after Utah? Feel like if they are trying to poach a Big 12 school, they are better off going after Arizona or Kansas.

Reaction Score
Why would ACC go after Utah? Feel like if they are trying to poach a Big 12 school, they are better off going after Arizona or Kansas.
More importantly, why would Utah, if true, risk stability for a conference that may lose 4 of its top programs?

Reaction Score
The theory is that it balances them out a little with 4 schools out west and it strengthens their football product quite a bit. Both are true. Utah also has a pretty good basketball program. At the same time, the move would further weaken the B12 as a football conference and competitor. .

Reaction Score
Can't imagine going near the ACC until you see how the conference shakes out regarding potential departures. I can't imagine a worse position for a new member than losing the top FB schools and being committed to subsidizing some of the remaining duds (you know who they are...) in the conference to boot!

Reaction Score
Utes never wanted to be in same conference as BYU

Reaction Score
The Big 12's biggest strength is the individual weakness of its teams. None of them really believe that they should be in the Big Ten or SEC. That means prospective members can reasonably expect the Big 12 to look similar in the near future. The ACC is the Old Big East. It wouldn't seem wise to choose the ACC over the other 3 Ps. Like a newspaper having an obituary ready for an old celebrity, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a draft of "Requiem for the ACC" ready to go.

Reaction Score
So, the Big 10 is going to take Utah when they could get Stanford, Cal, UNC, Virginia, ... Not happening. And, Stanford and Cal are getting half shares in the ACC and SMU is getting zero media share, but Utah would get a full share? Or, take a half share from the ACC and reduce their conference payout by $15 million vs the Big 12. Not happening.
They are taking Utah because Vermont doesn’t play football. I doubt Utah goes to the Big 10. I guess they could go to tha ACC to shore up the non-Atlantic Coast component

Reaction Score
I just thought this was interesting and wasn’t sure where to park it:

Oh I don’t know this is such a big deal. I’ve seen similar language in many contracts including reference to federal and state government agencies. I haven’t read any coaches contracts but I wouldn’t be shocked to see similar language in them.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

On point 2:

Without having read the agreement I can state it isn't necessary for the ACC to retain Clemson's rights to fulfill the deal.

The difficult part would be in providing a product that both parties (ESPN, ACC) would agree to as being substantially equivalent to the product that included Clemson.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Not open to "new" expansion members, but maybe open to expansion with universities he's already been in contact with???

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this is a clear indication that all of this speculation that four or so ACC members will land in B12 soon is doubtful. Maybe they would take Louisville.
Well, arguably, he could not be "searching" for new members but be "open to listening" to new members make their case why they would be a good addition to the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom