Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 851 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Big East commissioner Val Ackerman “strongly objects” to a $70M tab her league may owe in damages...

tom cruise GIF

"Is that how it works? You strongly object..."
There is still such a thing as a strong letter to the Times you know!

Reaction Score
Basically saying what we already know. UConn has no chance at the ACC. Even though it’s the perfect fit. At this point I hope the ACC just blows up and becomes AAC+
I think both UConn and Tulane have a really good chance of getting into ACC. The ACC leaders may be in denial now but they will reach reality or the conference will be similar to the MAC.

Reaction Score
I think both UConn and Tulane have a really good chance of getting into ACC. The ACC leaders may be in denial now but they will reach reality or the conference will be similar to the MAC.

UConn, Tulane and USF seem like the most logical ACC expansion candidates to me. USF might be first in the pecking order if both Florida State and Miami (Fla.) leave.

I have seen Memphis suggested elsewhere. But I cannot imagine Duke, Wake Forest, Stanford, Cal and so on ever inviting the Tigers.

Reaction Score
UConn, Tulane and USF seem like the most logical ACC expansion candidates to me. USF might be first in the pecking order if both Florida State and Miami (Fla.) leave.

I have seen Memphis suggested elsewhere. But I cannot imagine Duke, Wake Forest, Stanford, Cal and so on ever inviting the Tigers.
I'd add SDSU to that list. OSU and WSU are also possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Basically saying what we already know. UConn has no chance at the ACC. Even though it’s the perfect fit. At this point I hope the ACC just blows up and becomes AAC+
IMG_2641.jpeg

I don't know, I was thinking just the opposite.UConn men's basketball is a big rating draw as is women's basketball. Football Is down due to sucking, but we may actually be substantially better this year and then it will pop up.

But remember that "the ACC network" will also broadcast other content. UConn baseball is very good. In addition to that there is men's and women's soccer. we would definitely "bring value."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what would cause Utah to moce to the ACC (and need to pay another departure fee) after just joining the B-12.

Reaction Score
View attachment 101007
I don't know, I was thinking just the opposite.UConn men's basketball is a big rating draw as is women's basketball. Football Is down due to sucking, but we may actually be substantially better this year and then it will pop up.

But remember that "the ACC network" will also broadcast other content. UConn baseball is very good. In addition to that there is men's and women's soccer. we would definitely "bring value."
For me it’s not a sporting issue. We know what UConn brings there. It’s because the ACC network is already available in the state of Connecticut. I’ve never understood why. Who is our “local” ACC team? Wish I could petition to get it off my cable.

Reaction Score
View attachment 101007

Honestly, it's absurd that UConn is not at the top of any expansion list for The ACC. Forget Utah as that had to be a brain fart by this guy, but USF, SDSU, and OSU? What ratings are they going to draw in football playing against ACC Teams? Especially if Clemson and FSU are not a part of the league. Nobody is tuning in for Pitt v. Tulane, VPI v. Washington State, or some other mish mash. I can't wait to see the incredible ratings and attendance that Stanford and Cal draw playing small time opponents from the opposite side of the country. You'll probably be able to buy a ticket for their home games and sit on the team bench if you want.

I suspect that outside of maybe 7-8 programs in the current ACC you could substitute UConn for any of the others and draw the same football ratings. The ACC is a basketball conference with 2-1/2 Football Draws (FSU, Clemson & Miami if they are good) desperately trying to get away. What numbers would any school not named UConn draw during basketball season? You can sell UConn v. Duke, UNC, Cuse, and a few others to huge in season ratings. You can't sell any of the proposed teams in this article to do this. Sure, people will watch Duke v. SDSU because Duke is the draw. Who is watching WFU v. SDSU?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For me it’s not a sporting issue. We know what UConn brings there. It’s because the ACC network is already available in the state of Connecticut. I’ve never understood why. Who is our “local” ACC team? Wish I could petition to get it off my cable.
Because it's essentially the old ESPN news channel repackaged. Because it is an ESPN channel rather than an independent channel, like the Big Ten network, I don't think the carriage fee analysis applies to it.

Reaction Score
Because it's essentially the old ESPN news channel repackaged. Because it is an ESPN channel rather than an independent channel, like the Big Ten network, I don't think the carriage fee analysis applies to it.
I will admit I have zero knowledge of how that works. So wouldn’t that mean every market gets ACCN as well? Or is it just a northeast thing because of ESPN being located in Bristol?

Reaction Score

Utah did not want to go to the B12 . The last place they want to be is in a conference with is BYU . At the time they had a gun to their heads
If they knew then that the ACC was an option. The ACC could have gotten them plus the Arizona schools. Even U of A would have bought in .
I really don’t think it’s grasped back East in what disrespect the PAC schools had for many of the B12 schools. . The ACC from a peer prospective is a much better fit for these largely AAU schools. The Big 12 would be on shaky ground if they did that .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom