Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Speculation about Missouri and UCONN as likely candidates is not unexpected. What I think is interesting is to take that a step further and speculate about how the SEC would respond if Missouri were to leave for the B1G. A few weeks ago the following candidates would have been mentioned as replacements: UNC, NC State, Va Tech, UVA and to a lesser extent FSU, Georgia Tech and Clemson. Who does the SEC add, given the ACC GOR, if Missouri were to leave?
UT (Texas)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The B1G was at 11 teams for a few years. Why don't they just take UConn, stay at 15 and wait it out.

The minute UConn is taken by a major conference the other conferences will be saying, "Damn why didn't we take them! Great academics, good TV markets, great mens and womens bb, great other sports, and now that they are in a major conference their FB team is going to kick ass in 5 years. Damn."

Who knows who would call Delany once a 15 team B!G sets in. Only one more spot nd, ut

Reaction Score
I think this is acryptic statement and we are going to the SEC. One of the SEC big wigs made a statement about their new SEC network and this was included....

"We understand that in the 11-state footprint is where the most passionate fans are, but there are a lot of SEC fans in California and Texas and New York and Connecticut and Virginia and Nebraska.''

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think this is acryptic statement and we are going to the SEC. One of the SEC big wigs made a statement about their new SEC network and this was included....

"We understand that in the 11-state footprint is where the most passionate fans are, but there are a lot of SEC fans in California and Texas and New York and Connecticut and Virginia and Nebraska.''
We made it y'all!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The B1G was at 11 teams for a few years. Why don't they just take UConn, stay at 15 and wait it out.

The minute UConn is taken by a major conference the other conferences will be saying, "Damn why didn't we take them! Great academics, good TV markets, great mens and womens bb, great other sports, and now that they are in a major conference their FB team is going to kick ass in 5 years. Damn."

Who knows who would call Delany once a 15 team B!G sets in. Only one more spot nd, ut
11 teams worked because there were no divisions. 15 would be unbalanced or would need three 5 team pods with the two highest ranked pod teams playing for Conf championship

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Who said that

?

Reaction Score
So the B1G and SEC are fighting over us right now?

Nah...it just means "someone" had one of those pointed conversations with ESPN that Ruskin is always advocating to happen and now they are just screwing with us... McMurphy AND Skinner mention UConn on the same day??? What a flipping coincidinky! ;)

Reaction Score
I took creative writing, but you guys must have took creative reading.:eek:

How does, "but there are a lot of SEC fans in .... Connecticut..." translate into your going to the SEC. If you were correct University of Nebraska, Omaha must be going with you because University of Nebraska, Lincoln sure isn't.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately all the SEC fans in ct work in Bristol

Reactions: pj

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

How does, "but there are a lot of SEC fans in .... Connecticut..." translate into your going to the SEC. If you were correct University of Nebraska, Omaha must be going with you because University of Nebraska, Lincoln sure isn't.
Were optimistic ok........... Lol

Reaction Score

You must recharge your sarcasm meter. Not sure about anyone else but my tongue was being held firmly in my cheek. :cool:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Dude, try being in our position for the past 3 years...

If a bird were to on someone here's driveway tomorrow and it looked anything like the letters "S" "E" and/or "C" that person would take it as some kind of a sign. Conference realignment messes with you in a way you couldn't possibly understand because your team(s) is/are safe.

Reaction Score
I asked this in another thread and last time I checked, it hadn't been answered.

Regarding Missouri - When does the SEC network begin and will teams be forced to sign a GOR prior to the network being officially starting? If so, when would that be?

Isn't that the next conf. realignment timeline we will all be watching as that would be when Missouri has to decide if they want the SEC or the B1G (If the B1G is genuinely interested)...

The Southeastern Conference and ESPN Announce new TV Network and Digital Platform20-Year Agreement and Rights Extension through 2034; AT&T U-verse Will Distribute the Network at Launch
http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NE...762/sec-and-espn-announce-new-tv-network.aspx

GOR already in effect? Regardless, Mizzou is not B1G bound based on my reading of the release.

Reaction Score
Speculation about Missouri and UCONN as likely candidates is not unexpected. What I think is interesting is to take that a step further and speculate about how the SEC would respond if Missouri were to leave for the B1G. A few weeks ago the following candidates would have been mentioned as replacements: UNC, NC State, Va Tech, UVA and to a lesser extent FSU, Georgia Tech and Clemson. Who does the SEC add, given the ACC GOR, if Missouri were to leave?
houston.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Football drives the bus. Maybe, just maybe, you can influence it if you have a Hall of Fame coach and a proven basketball program that isn't banned from the tournament and suddenly looking very tenuous. It's a longshot, but it helps.

When your football program is clearly not as big and your biggest seller, which is your basketball program, is in uncertain territory? Billy Mays couldn't have sold us to the ACC. I don't blame Herbst or Manuel at all.

You obviously didn't get the memo. There would be no ND, USC, WVU football victories without Calhoun. But for what Jim Calhoun accomplished, there would be no Rentschler Field. Whatever mistakes his program may have made don't alter this reality.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You obviously didn't get the memo. There would be no ND, USC, WVU football victories without Calhoun. But for what Jim Calhoun accomplished, there would be no Rentschler Field. Whatever mistakes his program may have made don't alter this reality.

Right. And I'm not taking anything away from the man's tremendous accomplishments. However, that doesn't make it Manuel or Herbst's fault that we weren't invited to the ACC for an inferior football program to Louisville, nor does it change the tenuous situation of UConn's basketball program while transitioning away from a Hall of Fame coach or dealing with a postseason ban.

Nor does it absolve Calhoun of his responsibility for the APR mess. Even great men make mistakes.

Reaction Score
Right. And I'm not taking anything away from the man's tremendous accomplishments. However, that doesn't make it Manuel or Herbst's fault that we weren't invited to the ACC for an inferior football program to Louisville, nor does it change the tenuous situation of UConn's basketball program while transitioning away from a Hall of Fame coach or dealing with a postseason ban.

Nor does it absolve Calhoun of his responsibility for the APR mess. Even great men make mistakes.

What is it with this APR stuff and Calhoun? How is it a mistake to have kids leave in Spring in the middle of classes? What do you want him to do? Tie Gavin Edwards down? Many other schools lapsed with APR as well. BCS schools too! You can't do anything about it--unless you rig a phony system to give credits to players so they can leave early and pursue their basketball careers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So if I read all this correctly, nothing is happening, people are still looking to blame someone for that fact that something didn't happen already, and the SEC is getting a cable channel. Meanwhile, a guy at ESPN thinks that people in Connecticut will watch Georgia-Florida and Bama-LSA (rocket scientist there). Oh, and GopherHawk is tired of winter and the oxidation of ferrous metals and has a little bit of Michigan/Ohio State envy. That about cover the last 50 posts?

Reaction Score
What is it with this APR stuff and Calhoun? How is it a mistake to have kids leave in Spring in the middle of classes? What do you want him to do? Tie Gavin Edwards down? Many other schools lapsed with APR as well. BCS schools too! You can't do anything about it--unless you rig a phony system to give credits to players so they can leave early and pursue their basketball careers.

I'm just saying, most basketball programs managed to get through this unscathed. We're not the only program that has kids leaving. I'm not saying he has to tie Gavin Edwards down or that he's totally to blame. But it was on his watch and it did happen, just like the Nate Miles thing. Nobody's perfect. I was just saying, it wasn't on Manuel and Herbst.

Reaction Score
I'm just saying, most basketball programs managed to get through this unscathed. We're not the only program that has kids leaving. I'm not saying he has to tie Gavin Edwards down or that he's totally to blame. But it was on his watch and it did happen, just like the Nate Miles thing. Nobody's perfect. I was just saying, it wasn't on Manuel and Herbst.

It was on the players, not Calhoun. You are saying he has to tie Edwards down. If two players like Edwards leave, your APR gets dinged. Syracuse fell afoul of APR, Louisville, several others did as well. You say it was on his watch. Uh, tell us what you want him to do. He's a basketball coach. What do you want him to do?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom