Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Just another sign to me how smart Delany is and how smart the people running the BE were not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
As long as I live, I will never forget Marinatto's sound bite when he was quoted as saying that Delany told him, "John, what you need to do is start thinking strategically." Why Marinatto would ever say something like that publicly was mind boggling, but spoke exactly about who was running the Big East.

Reaction Score
As long as I live, I will never forget Marinatto's sound bite when he was quoted as saying that Delany told him, "John, what you need to do is start thinking strategically." Why Marinatto would ever say something like that publicly was mind boggling, but spoke exactly about who was running the Big East.
Is it true when you google "inept drone" Marinatto's picture pops up?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Probably won't be a major component to anything, but hiring Gwoz is a VERY clear sign that UConn is serious about being a player in hockey, which is quite important to a handful of B1G schools. For those who don't know, Gwoz is one of the all-time winningest coaches, won two titles in 04 and 05 at Denver, and was inexplicably fired at the end of this year for seemingly no reason. To the point that other major coaches in the sport publicly stated how shocked and confused they were. Hiring him would be a very, very big get for UConn. Again, probably not going to tip the scales, but if it'll get the likes of Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin to look a tad more favorably at us, it's a plus.

The more times UConn is on people's lips (positively), the better. Even if it only tips the scales a smidge, I'll take it.

Reaction Score
Thanks to Warde and Suzy

#lost
#amateurs

There's nothing to do about it. Warde and Herbst can't turn UConn into a bigger football program than Louisville overnight. That's all that matters. Louisville has a bigger, more successful program. Period. End of story.

You want to blame someone, go right ahead. But the truth is complicated and dirty. Calhoun leaving, a basketball program on APR (thanks in part to our old legendary coach and our old AD), our old football coach leaving. None of this was under Warde and Herbst's control.

I'm curious what genius move you would've done to convince FSU or Clemson that UConn is a better football program than Louisville. Our history? Our attendance? Hm?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
There's nothing to do about it. Warde and Herbst can't turn UConn into a bigger football program than Louisville overnight. That's all that matters. Louisville has a bigger, more successful program. Period. End of story.

You want to blame someone, go right ahead. But the truth is complicated and dirty. Calhoun leaving, a basketball program on APR (thanks in part to our old legendary coach and our old AD), our old football coach leaving. None of this was under Warde and Herbst's control.

I'm curious what genius move you would've done to convince FSU or Clemson that UConn is a better football program than Louisville. Our history? Our attendance? Hm?

I'm curious what impact "Calhoun leaving, a basketball program on APR (thanks in part to our old legendary coach and our old AD" has to do with the size of the football program?

If "That's all that matters" as it relates to re-alignment, what does Coach Calhoun have to do with it?

Reaction Score
This is post 700..

How many until we are in a major conference.

I say 2253

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Coming up on @CFBLIVE on @espn I'll discuss possible B1G expansion

Thought he said it was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Coming up on @CFBLIVE on @espn I'll discuss possible B1G expansion

Thought he said it was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

over for the week.

Reaction Score
Get ready for another round of pump and dump as Dan would say.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what impact "Calhoun leaving, a basketball program on APR (thanks in part to our old legendary coach and our old AD" has to do with the size of the football program?

If "That's all that matters" as it relates to re-alignment, what does Coach Calhoun have to do with it?

Football drives the bus. Maybe, just maybe, you can influence it if you have a Hall of Fame coach and a proven basketball program that isn't banned from the tournament and suddenly looking very tenuous. It's a longshot, but it helps.

When your football program is clearly not as big and your biggest seller, which is your basketball program, is in uncertain territory? Billy Mays couldn't have sold us to the ACC. I don't blame Herbst or Manuel at all.

Reaction Score
I asked this in another thread and last time I checked, it hadn't been answered.

Regarding Missouri - When does the SEC network begin and will teams be forced to sign a GOR prior to the network being officially starting? If so, when would that be?

Isn't that the next conf. realignment timeline we will all be watching as that would be when Missouri has to decide if they want the SEC or the B1G (If the B1G is genuinely interested)...

Reaction Score
Speculation about Missouri and UCONN as likely candidates is not unexpected. What I think is interesting is to take that a step further and speculate about how the SEC would respond if Missouri were to leave for the B1G. A few weeks ago the following candidates would have been mentioned as replacements: UNC, NC State, Va Tech, UVA and to a lesser extent FSU, Georgia Tech and Clemson. Who does the SEC add, given the ACC GOR, if Missouri were to leave?

Reaction Score
Here's another thought. So lets say Delany was doing homework and part of their discussions involved Big 12 teams. So why would he stop moving on the Big 12 teams now?

Unless I'm wrong, I think the first Big 12 GOR was in 2011 and was for 6 years. In 2012 it was extended to cover 13 years. So if Delany was doing work on Big 12 teams recently, he already knew he was dealing with teams who had a GOR. What's to stop him from pulling the trigger now?

Also, I really think the B1G is locked out for good with the ACC area....Those teams WANT to stay together and are not interested solely in maxing out their TV revenues or else some of them WOULD have moved on the SEC and B1G.

To me, it's UConn, it's some of the Big 12 teams perhaps if any of them are able to shake free of the GOR somehow and maybe a mystery team here or there.....or they just stay happy with 14 for a long, long time which is what Frank has been suggesting.

Reaction Score
Speculation about Missouri and UCONN as likely candidates is not unexpected. What I think is interesting is to take that a step further and speculate about how the SEC would respond if Missouri were to leave for the B1G. A few weeks ago the following candidates would have been mentioned as replacements: UNC, NC State, Va Tech, UVA and to a lesser extent FSU, Georgia Tech and Clemson. Who does the SEC add, given the ACC GOR, if Missouri were to leave?
I'd imagine WVU would do everything in their power to get out of the Big 12. If the GOR prevents SEC would have to consider someone like ECU or standing pat at 13.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
1) this is the first I've heard of a reputable national reporter consider UConn as an option of B1G since prior to Nebraska being added
2) yes the SEC would have quite a problem on their hands. I would think they would stay at 13 unless some team in ACC or Big 12 were willing to break their GOR

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would Missouri be a candidate exactly? They ended up in the SEC because the Big 10 passed. Missouri hasn't changed any since.

At some point hopefully people come to terms with the concept that the Big 10 isn't expanding for the sake of expanding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom