Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
From his "radio show"

His Jolly Rancher recap:

>>theDudeofWV:

Sure.. we ran out of time.
The Big Ten has several ACC options.
Normally they like the cherry JRs... the AAU schools.
But OSU has a hankering for a green apple... FSU>
FSU is the green apple. UVA and GT are the grape ones.
UNC is the cherry.
Everything I hear says the Big Ten reaches 18 with UVA, GT, FSU and either UNC or Mizzouri.

theDudeofWV:

As odd as it sounds if they expand to 20 its with ND and BC.
OSU has won.
OSU called in every favor. Michigan and Wisky finally agreed.<<

I think he soaks in Jolly Ranchers in acid.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
From his "radio show"

His Jolly Rancher recap:

>>theDudeofWV:

Sure.. we ran out of time.
The Big Ten has several ACC options.
Normally they like the cherry JRs... the AAU schools.
But OSU has a hankering for a green apple... FSU>
FSU is the green apple. UVA and GT are the grape ones.
UNC is the cherry.
Everything I hear says the Big Ten reaches 18 with UVA, GT, FSU and either UNC or Mizzouri.

theDudeofWV:

As odd as it sounds if they expand to 20 its with ND and BC.
OSU has won.
OSU called in every favor. Michigan and Wisky finally agreed.<<

I think he soaks in Jolly Ranchers in acid.

Except Va and GT are cherries. You'd think a guy sharing a trailer with his mom would have time to find that out.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude End Game:

Florida State, Georgia Tech, Virginia, ND and UNC to Big 10

Clemson and Louisville to Big 12.

VPI and NCSU to SEC

BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Wake to the AAC.

Duke to the Patriot League.

The Dude will realize his dream of a destroyed ACC, yet West Virginia will still be an outcast in the Big 12 and he'll still be stupid enough to think West Virginia is an acceptable place to live. So the joke is on him.

I know a lot of us put too much time into following conference nonsense, but even after WVU got into the Big 12 this guy's feelings are still hurt enough by the ACC that he dedicates a solid portion of his life to this stupidity that others enable. It's an impressive case study in how the internet can damage your life.

Reaction Score
Dude's cat...

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I totally disagree with the dude. I heard that he had 2 grape lollipops, not jollyranchers at all. And a green one and 2 reds but they were not cherry but strawberry...he was just trying to mislead everyone...

Reaction Score
Dude End Game:

Florida State, Georgia Tech, Virginia, ND and UNC to Big 10

Clemson and Louisville to Big 12.

VPI and NCSU to SEC

BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Wake to the AAC.

Duke to the Patriot League.

If both the B1G and SEC jump to 20 teams at some point down the road, I can see the SEC taking a hard look at Louisville. They bring a decent football product (ask Florida) and a successful and storied basketball program. Kentucky would be a hurdle; but, an in-conference, twice a year basketball game between UK and Louisville would be a major draw and money maker just below the Duke and UNC rivalry.

Reaction Score
well that throws a serious wrench into my one lasting hope that all hell would break loose after the UMD lawsuit was resolved.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Looks like we may be extra here.

Any chance BigXII grabs us and Cinci and gets their conference title game?

Reaction Score
So either the B1G does not expand until 2028 or we get an invite. Can't see them getting 2 schools without us being 1 of them.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
At this point, I am unsure why Delany and his counterparts don't just hold a swap meet and fix all the geographic problems they've created.

Three conference trade BiG invites UConn and Cincy and trades Cincy and Nebraska to the B12 for WVU and Kansas and then trades WVU to the ACC for VA.

The B12 invites BYU and Miami in exchange ND becomes a full ACC member because the new league limits the playoff access to league members.

Reaction Score
Delany admits around 6 schools were involved enough to sign non disclosure agreements.

Maryland and Rutgers are two of them. Does the "homework" on KU and OU count or was that discussions with TV execs? Were there serious talks with FSU? Has UCONN been involved as a possible "Partner" for someone?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...eriously-with-several-schools-about-expansion
This is a reach on my part, but anyone remember a few years ago when Colin Cowherd broke the "news" of UCONN to the B1G as he was coming back from commercial, and then it was never even mentioned again even once by him, or anyone else for that matter. I'm being incredibly optimistic here, but was it possible that he had a source leaking this to him, then realizing with the non-disclosure agreement that he could never say another word about it. Our athletic department has seemed awfully disinterested in realignment, rarely promoting the school, and never publicly pushing the ACC or the other conferences for membership. Perhaps the Penn State debacle has slowed the process of us joining, giving them some time to get their feet under themselves again without the added New England recruiting competition we would scarcely provide?

Yes, I know I'm crazy.

Reaction Score
This is a reach on my part, but anyone remember a few years ago when Colin Cowherd broke the "news" of UCONN to the B1G as he was coming back from commercial, and then it was never even mentioned again even once by him, or anyone else for that matter. I'm being incredibly optimistic here, but was it possible that he had a source leaking this to him, then realizing with the non-disclosure agreement that he could never say another word about it. Our athletic department has seemed awfully disinterested in realignment, rarely promoting the school, and never publicly pushing the ACC or the other conferences for membership. Perhaps the Penn State debacle has slowed the process of us joining, giving them some time to get their feet under themselves again without the added New England recruiting competition we would scarcely provide?

Yes, I know I'm crazy.

I remember it too. I know I'm crazy but it has made me wonder.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Everything UCONN has done, except receiving an invite, has been consistent with a NDA.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Lifting this from the Hockey forum - but this would be consistent as well:

John Buccigross@Buccigross
51s

No final decision made, but 2 days of talks between George Gwozdecky and UCONN went well and there is an excellent chance of him being hired

Reaction Score
Everything UCONN has done, except receiving an invite, has been consistent with a NDA.

The University of Maryland Confidentiality/NDA was valid for 1o years....

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The University of Maryland Confidentiality/NDA was valid for 1o years....

Just another sign to me how smart Delany is and how smart the people running the BE were not.

Reaction Score
Lifting this from the Hockey forum - but this would be consistent as well:

John Buccigross@Buccigross
51s

No final decision made, but 2 days of talks between George Gwozdecky and UCONN went well and there is an excellent chance of him being hired
Probably won't be a major component to anything, but hiring Gwoz is a VERY clear sign that UConn is serious about being a player in hockey, which is quite important to a handful of B1G schools. For those who don't know, Gwoz is one of the all-time winningest coaches, won two titles in 04 and 05 at Denver, and was inexplicably fired at the end of this year for seemingly no reason. To the point that other major coaches in the sport publicly stated how shocked and confused they were. Hiring him would be a very, very big get for UConn. Again, probably not going to tip the scales, but if it'll get the likes of Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin to look a tad more favorably at us, it's a plus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom