Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Do we want our staff to be that incestuous?

I get a little concerned that there may not be diverse thought if everyone has the same background.
A head coach who grew up in south central LA, an assistant from Roxbury Ma, an assistant with a long (and reasonably successful) track record as an ivy league head coach, a long time NBA big man (if Donyell is added) is pretty diverse in my eyes. Out of curiosity, who was on Duke's bench when they won any of their titles?

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN1h
Soon-to-be-renamed Big East will announce extension of hoops media rights deal w/CBS thru 2019-20 season Tues

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWVProtected account2h
So all my B1G sources say that FSU, UNC, UVA and GT are the primary goals.

minie.jpg

Reaction Score
Can't believe you all missed this one from MH vr. Notice how he now references himself in the third person (which any living legend should). Or he has an assistant tweeting for him. That makes sense also for a man as connected as he is.

I just can't believe he couldn't tweet from the can. i devices have replaced magazines and circulars as my "library" material of choice.

@MHvrthree: MH has been fighting the nastiest stomach flu the past few days. But will be back later tonight with updates on the expansion mess.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Can't believe you all missed this one from MH vr. Notice how he now references himself in the third person (which any living legend should). Or he has an assistant tweeting for him. That makes sense also for a man as connected as he is.

I just can't believe he couldn't tweet from the can. i devices have replaced magazines and circulars as my "library" material of choice.

@ rthree: MH has been fighting the nastiest stomach flu the past few days. But will be back later tonight with updates on the expansion mess.

My guess is that instead of reading tea leaves to predict CR moves MHver reads turds in the toilet bowl?

Reaction Score
@desmondconner: Old #Big East is maintaining marketing rights in new #ESPN deal, conference can get sponsor name on FB, BB title games that equals $$$

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
@desmondconner: Old #Big East is maintaining marketing rights in new #ESPN deal, conference can get sponsor name on FB, BB title games that equals $

Wow, what a huge get for Aresco! I am really impressed by this huge concession from ESPN!!

* sarcasm off *

Who gives a ?

Reaction Score
Some of these little things can start to add up.

I just hope there is at least 100 more little things to come.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone, New to this site. I moved from Ct about 9 years ago, still never miss a game. I have sports pack on direct tv and watch on sny...also all uconn games are broadcast on masn, which is a mid Atlantic sports channel. People in nc, va and md get this channel. Uconn must be a good product for ratings, I cannot believe we are in this crappy conference. Are we that disliked by everyone else?
Everyone down here respects uconn and what we have accomplished, they consider us a top bb program. I personally would love them to go to acc, I live pretty close to many of the schools, would be able to go to many games.
I was devistated when Louisville got our bid to acc in November, everyone here thought it was uconn's to have.

Reaction Score
Only Uconn brass and Uconn fans thought it was their bid to have. So arrogant.

Reaction Score
Eagle, why don't you go suck a fatty or something? You're getting quite annoying with your bull

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hey everyone, New to this site. I moved from Ct about 9 years ago, still never miss a game. I have sports pack on direct tv and watch on sny...also all uconn games are broadcast on masn, which is a mid Atlantic sports channel. People in nc, va and md get this channel. Uconn must be a good product for ratings, I cannot believe we are in this crappy conference. Are we that disliked by everyone else?
Everyone down here respects uconn and what we have accomplished, they consider us a top bb program. I personally would love them to go to acc, I live pretty close to many of the schools, would be able to go to many games.
I was devistated when Louisville got our bid to acc in November, everyone here thought it was uconn's to have.

It was pretty well understood that BC has an inferiority complex that they do not want to actually have exposed (re-exposed in terms of basketball). That, in conjunction with the FSU/Clemson ultimatim, led to Louisville in the latest move. The time before that, BC convinced a couple other schools that Pitt was just as good. Plus the sactions related to the APR and the Nate Miles situation did not look good.

Reaction Score

And the Louisville AD and several others in the ACC. So arrogant? Maybe. But at least the UNC and Duke Presidents aren't ridiculing us for preposterous policies (i.e. BC's fear of UConn).

Reaction Score

Nothing wrong with some fan passion and pride, although I am concerned above the public perception of UConn’s administration throughout the realignment process so far. A lot of the ‘UConn to the ACC to replace Maryland’ gossip was pushed by the media more than UConn.

That said, I rather be passionate and take pride in my university that the infantile and jealous behavior expressed by BC’s administration. Because of BC’s bruised ego, they had to block UConn’s entry to the ACC because CT sued BC. Doubtful. Every conference has sued its former members throughout this realignment mess. BC is jealous that UConn has entrenched itself as THE college sports team of New England over the last 20 years. When I lived in Boston, the local new in Boston reported on UConn women’s basketball before any of BC’s sports unless it was the Beanpot. BC was too afraid to compete with UConn on the field, which would have pushed both schools to a higher level. Instead, BC whined and stabbed everyone in the back to get its way. ND does the same thing; but, at least their sport teams are good.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with some fan passion and pride, although I am concerned above the public perception of UConn’s administration throughout the realignment process so far. A lot of the ‘UConn to the ACC to replace Maryland’ gossip was pushed by the media more than UConn.

That said, I rather be passionate and take pride in my university that the infantile and jealous behavior expressed by BC’s administration. Because of BC’s bruised ego, they had to block UConn’s entry to the ACC because CT sued BC. Doubtful. Every conference has sued its former members throughout this realignment mess. BC is jealous that UConn has entrenched itself as THE college sports team of New England over the last 20 years. When I lived in Boston, the local new in Boston reported on UConn women’s basketball before any of BC’s sports unless it was the Beanpot. BC was too afraid to compete with UConn on the field, which would have pushed both schools to a higher level. Instead, BC whined and stabbed everyone in the back to get its way. ND does the same thing; but, at least their sport teams are good.

And just to clarify and not insult any Boston folks, UConn women were reported on well after the Sox, the Pats, the Celtics, the Bruins, and the Sox (again) were reported on. Heck, given a choice between the start of WWIII and what car Big Papi drove to spring training in, Boston news channels would report on Big Papi first.

Reaction Score
Eagle, why don't you go suck a fatty or something? You're getting quite annoying with your bull

Feed the trolls and they keep coming back... if everyone puts him on "ignore", he ends up talking to no one.

018.JPG

Reaction Score
Then why did Mike Aresco extoll the virtues of Louisville and ignore UConn entirely when talking about the strength of the conference right before Louisville was selected?

Reaction Score
WV Board:

Here's the game changer: espn has told ACC that they can keep 100% of their current contract with up to 4 defections as long as those..aren'tFSU, Clemson, Miami, or UNC. The schools can split the money 11 ways instead of 15. Gives them incentive to not add teams.

Reaction Score
WV Board:

Here's the game changer: espn has told ACC that they can keep 100% of their current contract with up to 4 defections as long as those..aren'tFSU, Clemson, Miami, or UNC. The schools can split the money 11 ways instead of 15. Gives them incentive to not add teams.
Yeah, that makes sense. Force the BE to have a title game, but let the ACC lose one?

This makes no sense. Not happening.

But, the conspiracist in me likes that UVa is not listed.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that makes sense. Force the BE to have a title game, but let the ACC lose one?

This makes no sense. Not happening.

But, the conspiracist in me likes that UVa is not listed.
Neither is Georgia Tech.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom