Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 131 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
then there is this beauty from Dick Weiss with a Mike Brey quote:
Dick Weiss ‏@HoopsWeiss 3m3 minutes ago
nd on place in acc: "We will always be seen as stepchild." Mike Brey. Irish play UNC in semis today.@bluestar media1
HAH - almost word for word the same quote Jeff Jackson gave about the ND hockey team being in Hockey East. They must coordinate this stuff.

Reaction Score
At least we're not the "red headed step-child".

Progress!!!!!!!
Mike Brey needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. For a guy who has never won the BIG one and always seems to spit the bit in the NCAA tournament he has a LOT to say. He had a LOT of to say ND's last season in the BE and he has a LOT to say now. For a guy who has never won the BIG one and always seems to spit the bit in the NCAA tournament he has always seems to be running his mouth. I can see why he and Chris Christie get along so well.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They will bolt if the Big XII doesn't expand and do the same. He wants the broader exposure as much or more than the money.

Right. But if the choice is a few suburban New York applications and 25M/year staying in the Big XII or applications from New Orleans, Atlanta and Nashville and 30-35M/year, which do you think they're going to choose?

Basically what I'm saying is that OU isn't meeting the goals you're stating just by adding UConn.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right. But if the choice is a few suburban New York applications and 25M/year staying in the Big XII or applications from New Orleans, Atlanta and Nashville and 30-35M/year, which do you think they're going to choose?

I think they'd chose a key tweet because this is the key tweet thread.

Why do you hate the key tweet thread? Are you an anarchist?

You are now officially an enemy of the key tweet thread. I am making a list.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I think they'd chose a key tweet because this is the key tweet thread.

Why do you hate the key tweet thread? Are you an anarchist?

You are now officially an enemy of the key tweet thread. I am making a list.

What will you do with the list? I don't know if I want to be on such a list until I find out what the repercussions are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What will you do with the list? I don't know if I want to be on such a list until I find out what the repercussions are.

upload_2016-3-11_15-18-8.png

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Has Matt posted since asking his insolent question? Will he ever post again. Has he gone swimming with the Fishy?

Reaction Score
Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS · 21m21 minutes ago
This is an awesome game by future Big 12 members Cincinnati and UConn. 4OTs.

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS · 17m17 minutes ago
ESPN's Mike Patrick: "We started this game 2 hours, 56 minutes ago. That's a football game in the Big 12." Subtle, huh?

Brian DavisVerified account
@BDavisAAS
Covers the Texas Longhorns for the Austin American-Statesman. That includes football, men's hoops

Last edited:
Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 42m42 minutes ago
HOLY HELL THE END OF THE CINCINNATI-UCONN GAME!!!

John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover · 41m41 minutes ago
Or should I say, the end of the 3rd overtime!!

John E. Hoover Retweeted

American MBB ‏@American_MBB · 25m25 minutes ago

.@UConnMBB ecstatic after 4OT win over Cincinnati
https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/708417000880652288?embed_source=clientlib&player_id=1&rpc_init=1
  1. John E. HooverVerified account
    @johnehoover
    The Franchise ... Co-host, Afternoons w Hoover & Rew ... Columnist at http://TheFranchise.OK.com ... Listen at am1270/fm107.9 in Tulsa, fm107.7 in OKC

Tulsa, OK

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN · 1h1 hour ago
Chuck Carlton Retweeted Brian Davis
Brian Davis
Verified account ‏@BDavisAAS
1h1 hour ago
ESPN's Mike Patrick: "We started this game 2 hours, 56 minutes ago. That's a football game in the Big 12." Subtle, huh?

Actually that's a half in Big 12 football .

So UConn wins the David Boren play-in game for Big 12 membership over Cincinnati.

Chuck CarltonVerified account
@ChuckCarltonDMN
Reporting on all things Big 12 for the Dallas Morning News.

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton Retweeted Brian Davis
Brian DavisVerified account ‏@BDavisAAS
1h1 hour ago

Actually that's a half in Big 12 football .

So UConn wins the David Boren play-in game for Big 12 membership over Cincinnati.

Chuck CarltonVerified account
@ChuckCarltonDMN
Reporting on all things Big 12 for the Dallas Morning News.
We did that against Louisville too...

Reaction Score

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It is not Fishy's List that matters...it is Bowlsby's List.

Bowlsby is the football Schindler, handing passes out of football Krakow as the G5's are being herded towards the railway cars.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Bowlsby is the football Schindler, handing passes out of football Krakow as the G5's are being herded towards the railway cars.

Wow. Anything else you want to add?

Reaction Score

Wow. Thanks for trivializing one of the most horrific historical events of all time. Anxiously awaiting your CR analogy w/ other examples of ethnic cleansing around the globe, or the Atlantic triangular slave trade.

Reaction Score
Wow. Anything else you want to add?

Yeah...I could ghost for Trump. He likes my style.

But the truth is what it is and the analogy stands...get a P5 pass or get stuck while the P5 tightens their grip on sports funding.

Reaction Score
I am not a PC kind of guy....I understand the use of "ammo" and how folks play the PC card when they can.

On a sports board, I doubt that anyone really believes that the holocaust is being trivialized...no more than when one talks about something being "nuked".

I understand, and deplore, the use of conversational taboos in America....when a black football player states that the current college use of athletes is a furtherance of "the plantation"....I don't take umbrage at his trivialization of slavery, I understand his context.

Reaction Score
I am not a PC kind of guy....I understand the use of "ammo" and how folks play the PC card when they can.

On a sports board, I doubt that anyone really believes that the holocaust is being trivialized...no more than when one talks about something being "nuked".

I understand, and deplore, the use of conversational taboos in America....when a black football player states that the current college use of athletes is a furtherance of "the plantation"....I don't take umbrage at his trivialization of slavery, I understand his context.

... and all this time I thought ignorance was your biggest weakness ...

Reaction Score

It's not about being PC, it's about not being a piece of s*#%.

Reaction Score
I think you are confusing being "not a PC kind of guy" with plain ignorance. Carry on.

(sorry Fishy, back to key tweets from here on out in this thread).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom