Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 133 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, maintaining an annual game with one of the Florida schools is probably a necessity, given how much recruiting we do down there.

Ok, FAU it is.

Reaction Score
All that facebook action reflects all the grandmothers that constitute the women's board.
There was an interesting thread on the women's board, about the background of the fans that follow our women's team. I was surprised by how many posters said they have no connection to the state of Connecticut or the school. They are from all over the country, stumbled on a game, admired how the team plays, got hooked, and are now avid fans. I am guessing the UConn women's team must have the broadest following of any of the UConn sports. We are no longer just a regional brand, that is for sure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There was an interesting thread on the women's board, about the background of the fans that follow our women's team. I was surprised by how many posters said they have no connection to the state of Connecticut or the school. They are from all over the country, stumbled on a game, admired how the team plays, got hooked, and are now avid fans. I am guessing the UConn women's team must have the broadest following of any of the UConn sports. We are no longer just a regional brand, that is for sure.

All you have to do is figure out how to monetize them - CPTV selling them umbrellas might have been the best idea. Then keep them around when the day comes that UConn doesn't win every game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All that facebook action reflects all the grandmothers that constitute the women's board.

I can barely tolerate the rest of these people, but you come here and denigrate the UConn fan base with your non-key douchiness?

The rest of them are off the hook - you are the person up the key tweets thread.

I am declaring you to be a "non-key poster". You are to be shunned and shamed and other things that will hurt your feelings.

And you are also on the key tweet enemies list.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I can barely tolerate the rest of these people, but you come here and denigrate the UConn fan base with your non-key douchiness?

The rest of them are off the hook - you are the person up the key tweets thread.

I am declaring you to be a "non-key poster". You are to be shunned and shamed and other things that will hurt your feelings.

And you are also on the key tweet enemies list.
Now I feel bad.

Reaction Score
Now I feel bad.
upload_2016-3-16_8-25-54.jpeg

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Don’t be surprised if the Big 12 leaders do nothing concrete at their May-June meetings in Irving. They’ll consider the research data from two analytic firms, but it’s possible no serious action will happen on key issues such as a conference football championship game, expansion and a Big 12 television network until later in the summer. “I think that’s accurate,” Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby told me in Kansas City, Mo. “There could be some things that slow us down.” One could be the direction Texas wants to take. No one seems to have a good feel for the Longhorns’ stance, in part because the school has a new chancellor, president and athletic director. Any feel for Texas’ desires? “We’ve had conversations, but I’m not at liberty to characterize them.” Still betting the title game happens with the outcry for a 13th “data point.” One Big 12 AD told me he thinks the league should wait and get one more season and decide on a game next January. Three years is just a better sample size than two.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How is this a key Tweet? Dodd only tweeted out a link to his article, which in and of itself, only mentions UConn once and doesn't mention conference realignment at all. The other mentions of UConn in terms of realignment are by Tim Barker in the comments section (albeit, he is fighting the good fight).

Reaction Score

Don’t be surprised if the Big 12 leaders do nothing concrete at their May-June meetings in Irving. They’ll consider the research data from two analytic firms, but it’s possible no serious action will happen on key issues such as a conference football championship game, expansion and a Big 12 television network until later in the summer. “I think that’s accurate,” Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby told me in Kansas City, Mo. “There could be some things that slow us down.” One could be the direction Texas wants to take. No one seems to have a good feel for the Longhorns’ stance, in part because the school has a new chancellor, president and athletic director. Any feel for Texas’ desires? “We’ve had conversations, but I’m not at liberty to characterize them.” Still betting the title game happens with the outcry for a 13th “data point.” One Big 12 AD told me he thinks the league should wait and get one more season and decide on a game next January. Three years is just a better sample size than two.

Missouri and Nebraska must smile every time they read all the crazy discussion out of the b12 conference and laugh all the way to the bank. They outfoxed even Texas. Probably now making about as much money as well.

Reaction Score
Missouri and Nebraska must smile every time they read all the crazy discussion out of the b12 conference and laugh all the way to the bank. They outfoxed even Texas. Probably now making about as much money as well.

If you ask some of the "insiders" they (UM and Nebby) want to come back to the Big 12 to reap the rewards of the Big 12 Tier 3 deals!

Reaction Score

Translation = thanks but not thanks to expansion.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Translation = thanks but not thanks to expansion.
For now...

My guess based on, well, nothing, is that they'll look at the data this summer, but not make any decisions. Over the next year Boren and Gee will politick and figure out which "no" votes to target and flip to "yes", then in about a year they'll expand.

Reaction Score

Missouri has done very well, but for Nebraska the funk continues.

They were at the top of college football when the Big 8 rolled into the Big 12 and they must've imagined it would last forever. But shortly thereafter, they fell off the top of the mountain. That happens. Success in football can be cyclical and the coaching carousel can be cruel. But to the simple, unsophisticated souls in Nebraska and their local media, Texas was to blame for all of their struggles.

Then in June of 2010 when it seemed imminent that Texas, Oklahoma and four others would leave the Big 12 for the Pac-10, Nebraska didn't want to be left holding the bag so they jumped to the B1G - which was actually a pretty smart move. However, the large scale exodus to the Pac-10 never happened and Nebraska's jump to the B1G ended several regional rivalries the Huskers had enjoyed for seventy years or more.

Consequently, news out of Nebraska has been kind of bitter for the last several years. They're making more money and they're in a more stable conference but they have no connections. Their history has been lost and they're still mediocre.

That's why you'll see them come up with the Oklahoma to the B1G story every six months. They're desperate for the renewal of a rivalry, a sense of relevance, and validation that they made the right decision.

pj

Reaction Score
If you are going to expand with a network why wait ?

To form a network requires a complex set of rights transfers. If ACC couldn't extract rights from Raycom, what about 10 B12 schools who have all sold Tier3 rights to different places?

If the expansion is contingent upon the network, then it could take a while to get everything done (assuming it can be done at all).

Reaction Score
Who cares what Ben-Wa Bohls says?

Because this is why...... Translation: "My handlers in Austin have said no, but I was told to prep everyone up for a later announcement."

Reaction Score
Consequently, news out of Nebraska has been kind of bitter for the last several years. They're making more money and they're in a more stable conference but they have no connections. Their history has been lost and they're still mediocre.

That's why you'll see them come up with the Oklahoma to the B1G story every six months. They're desperate for the renewal of a rivalry, a sense of relevance, and validation that they made the right decision.

Sounds like an opportunity for a new b.y.o.-rivalry to be proclaimed: "Huskeries Corn Dog Casserole Cup?"

il_570xN.930229378_16gb.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom