Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 135 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Dan Wolken Verified account ‏@DanWolken
And the Big 12's limited geographic appeal makes wide distribution difficult

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 6h6 hours ago
For network purposes you can make an argument for UConn. Cincy has pretty narrow appeal.

Hmmm...

Reaction Score
College Hockey News ‏@chnews 22m22 minutes ago
CHN has learned that Notre Dame will leave Hockey East for the Big Ten starting in 2017-18

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 20m20 minutes ago
Notre Dame will owe Hockey East a penalty for leaving the league. A buy-out.

College Hockey News ‏@chnews 17m17 minutes ago
Perhaps opens the door for Arizona State admittance too. Stay tuned on that.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 16m16 minutes ago
Per sources, Hockey East schools were informed of this today. Obviously several outlets being informed.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 12m12 minutes ago
Per sources, Notre Dame will keep its NBCSN contract ... League was given "travel" as primary reason for departure.

College Hockey News ‏@chnews 10m10 minutes ago
Big Ten added Johns Hopkins in lacross a few years ago, so this has precedent. Opens the door for more.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 6m6 minutes ago
Notre Dame didn't mind traveling, they were unhappy being the only league member to travel. On a level playing field in the B10.

Reaction Score
So for those who thought that the Big Ten's desire for a bigger hockey league was going to be a material assist in getting us an invite for all sports, can we let that go now?
No, this obviously means Notre Dame is going to be our partner when the B1G expands by 2.

DWrI2JY.gif

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Alumni who move out to Arizona do so with the idea of getting away from any thought of winter and ice sports.

They will go to the games out there. If it's the only game in town for their university, they will go.

pj

Reaction Score
So for those who thought that the Big Ten's desire for a bigger hockey league was going to be a material assist in getting us an invite for all sports, can we let that go now?

On the bright side, Arizona State will need a travel partner.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Alumni who move out to Arizona do so with the idea of getting away from any thought of winter and ice sports.
You don't lose the love of a sport you grew up with because you move across country. Plus, spending 2 hours at the rink is refreshing when it's hot as hell outside. I'm sure folks would show up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sorry - I was looking for the key tweets thread?

Can anyone direct me? This can't be it because all I see are a bunch of Midwestern hayseeds trampling over the concept of a key tweet. So, please, someone tell me where I can find it?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry - I was looking for the key tweets thread?

Can anyone direct me? This can't be it because all I see are a bunch of Midwestern hayseeds trampling over the concept of a key tweet. So, please, someone tell me where I can find it?

All the other kids were doing it, so...

Reaction Score
They will go to the games out there. If it's the only game in town for their university, they will go.
It's comical how geography is a major obstacle in realignment until it isn't. ASU to the b1g in hockey reeks of desperation for content by a network. This has nothing to do with teaching out to alumni retiring in the southwest.

Reaction Score

Gary Bettman would like to argue that point; but, he's too busy spending the NHL's money trying to keep the Arizona Coyotes afloat.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
https://facilities.ofa.ncsu.edu/fil...media-Production-Facility-Project-Summary.pdf

The budget of $1,950,000 incorporates design of a studio for the production of game-day video that
meets the requirements for the upcoming ACC Network relating to content creation and game production.

Planned completion of the project is early Spring 2018.
".... the project as a whole will be designed to become part of the overall school, student and fan experience. Live broadcast studio operations can be observed by students and public to create interest, excitement and to be used as a recruiting tool. The open studio also opens up revenue opportunities that can be derived from a potential naming rights sponsor or donor. "

https://facilities.ofa.ncsu.edu/files/2016/03/NC-State-Athletics-Multimedia-Production-Facility-Project-Summary.pdf

It's a clever idea for NC St to build a studio available for the ACC Network, in the event the ACC Network happens. It's clear this is a school initiative and has no direct connection with the still hypothetical ACC network based on the full quote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom