Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 136 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
A lot of money for production of game day video...on the come, so to speak.

But maybe they have a lot of funds.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It's comical how geography is a major obstacle in realignment until it isn't. ASU to the b1g in hockey reeks of desperation for content by a network. This has nothing to do with teaching out to alumni retiring in the southwest.

From a fan's perception. I really don't want ASU hockey in the Big10. I think we need established names with great hockey. ND was/is the perfect fit. BC/BU would be awesome as well, but that isn't happening. North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth, Miami of Ohio, ect would be my choices.

But yeah, geography is only an issue when it needs to be.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
OK, at that point it wasn't much of a scoop.
http://ndsmcobserver.com/2015/01/carson-nd-left-outside-hockey-east/
http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...eaving-hockey-east-for-nchc-rumors-heating-up
The BC interruption article was wrong on the destination but it's been obvious for a while ND had one foot out the door and the NCHC wasn't the landing spot since the conference down once already.
True, but Flug still had credible info that hit the mark within 6 months. He did not post any other hockey info other than they wanted ND/UCONN/ASU 2 of 3. Unlike the other tweeters who post both sides just to be right.

As the kids today would say in their vernacular - haters gonna hate.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A lot of money for production of game day video...on the come, so to speak. But maybe they have a lot of funds.
Not nearly as much as dinero as NC State will have when after joining the SEC post-UNC/UVA move to the B1G and post-ACC collapse. ;)

Reaction Score
Not nearly as much as dinero as NC State will have when after joining the SEC post-UNC/UVA move to the B1G and post-ACC collapse. ;)

Kookism.....the kooks have been dreaming this for four years.

It could happen...but seems unlikely to ACC fans. The Big 12 nutsters and P5 outsiders love the narrative though.

Meanwhile...the ACC will have put away a combined $70 million in tourney credits for last year and this year and have been enjoying some of the best athletic periods that they have had.

Reaction Score
And, this year, will set the tourney record for credits earned...(old record 2009 Big East).

Reaction Score
Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush · 6h6 hours ago
@KentSterling Hey, Ken, I'm setting a lot of rumors on Twitter re Big Ten expansion being imminent. People are mentioning Texas, OK & FSU

Kent Sterling ‏@KentSterling · 6h6 hours ago  Indiana, USA
@Expansion_Crush I've heard nothing. The talk flares once in a while, but I've heard nothing substantial.

Kent Sterling ‏@KentSterling · 6h6 hours ago  Indiana, USA
@Expansion_Crush Texas would be really complicated, and they are printing money. The rest of the Big 12 would need to collapse around them.

Kent SterlingVerified account
@KentSterling
Happy to host The Kent Sterling Show weekdays from 3p-6p on CBS Sports 1430 in Indianapolis, and celebrating sports at http://www.kentsterling.com

CBS Sports 1430, Indy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
jostar1
New
@KentSterling Hey, Ken, I'm setting a lot of rumors on Twitter re Big Ten expansion being imminent. People are mentioning Texas, OK & FSU
With UConn as the 4th, I'm good with that.
With UConn to the ACC to fill FSU spot, not as good as the first option, but it works.
Heck I'd take wandering into a severely damaged Big 12, or forming a new conference with the best of the rest.

Reaction Score
The ACC has eclipsed the old BE record by raiding the BE to extinction, and adding more top basketball programs from the BE to shore up the lack of depth in the old ACC.

The best credit years that the Big East had were due, in part, because of Louisville's deep runs....a program raided from CUSA. That's the way of the world.

Cuse, Virginia, and Notre Dame aren't that good this year (even if they are earning credits)...even a bad basketball team like FSU beat them.

Reaction Score
Someone breaking the record was bound to happen....

After all, if an infinite number of rednecks, riding in an infinite number of pickups, fires an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of highway signs, they will eventually write the entire works of Shakespeare...in Braille.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The best credit years that the Big East had were due, in part, because of Louisville's deep runs....a program raided from CUSA. That's the way of the world.

Cuse, Virginia, and Notre Dame aren't that good this year (even if they are earning credits)...even a bad basketball team like FSU beat them.
We had to "raid" UL and Cincy just to have the minimum number of football teams to continue as a conference. Why was that? Keep trolling, when I reach your age I hope to have better ways to pass my time then on another school's message board.

Reaction Score
Someone breaking the record was bound to happen....

After all, if an infinite number of rednecks, riding in an infinite number of pickups, fires an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of highway signs, they will eventually write the entire works of Shakespeare...in Braille.

And I thought you didn't get it! Mea culpa.

Reaction Score
We had to "raid" UL and Cincy just to have the minimum number of football teams to continue as a conference. Why was that? Keep trolling, when I reach your age I hope to have better ways to pass my time then on another school's message board.

Yep...like watch football?

And..I do not troll. I chum....there is a difference.

Getting old is indeed not for everybody....but internet therapy keeps my IQ at a reasonable level. Us geezers, particularly in mountain cabins, tend to get isolated and community (even if ersatz) is important to hold off the inevitable decline.

I do appreciate that you have to be forbearing....

Shalom

Reaction Score

There a lot of smoke, especially coming from Oklahoma right now. That said, while contiguous states is not a 100% requirement for the B!G as much as AAU is, I can't see the B1G taking FSU now without UVA (or V Tech), UNC and G Tech as without a land bridge, FSU would be on an island over 800 miles to the next nearest B1G team. The B1G is not as insane as the XII. On the other end, I can't see how the B1G takes Oklahoma and Texas (the LHN issue would have to be addressed first), without taking Kansas, too, which is AAU, has a major basketball brand and physically links the B1G (Nebraska) with Oklahoma and Texas (unless Missouri is back in play, too)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know Schulz's Background but that feels like a lateral move. KSU to Wazzu?

More $. Schultz made $475k at KSU. WSU prior Pres made $750. Cost of living is low in both places, so a major bump.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom